Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

??? how can you page snipe effectively if you can't count the posts on a page accurately

You snipe like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AxGrap posted:

You snipe like this

nice edit

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Yes it's about someone being a dumb rear end in a top hat so I saw your posts and was inspired. <3

this is what i mean. there's a lot of hostility directed at whats seen as outsiders making GBS threads up the thread, but the content being posted by the "acceptable" group of posters is very bad. its just screenshots of tweets or other posts from other websites, or references to some inside cspam joke from 8 years ago. there's no commentary provided by the poster because there's none to be made. its empty, nothing to engage with. so why are you hostile to some posters but not others when theres arguably no qualitative difference in the posts themselves? its just confusing to me

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The Purge 6 is a documentary

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

croup coughfield posted:

this is what i mean. there's a lot of hostility directed at whats seen as outsiders making GBS threads up the thread, but the content being posted by the "acceptable" group of posters is very bad. its just screenshots of tweets or other posts from other websites, or references to some inside cspam joke from 8 years ago. there's no commentary provided by the poster because there's none to be made. its empty, nothing to engage with. so why are you hostile to some posters but not others when theres arguably no qualitative difference in the posts themselves? its just confusing to me

too hard to photoshop a recipe into vore fetish, ironically

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Every 2000 era web comic dude had a robot buddy he was always hanging out with:

As to why it's to establish him as like this eccentric nerd guy or maybe it's referencing something from a movie or a comic book.

lol that just reminded me that questionable content is still going

5000 comics of this

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now with new exciting characters, same as old characters.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

croup coughfield posted:

got no stake in this but I guess the dumb reddit post does have some broader relevance in that public innumeracy is one of the reasons why politics is so awful. cooking comic carries many sins but that is not one of them. to be fair both images do imply contempt for the average person which is very CSPAM

plus people know when they are being got at. you don't read posts in a vacuum but in a context, you can intuit when someone is posting with an ulterior purpose and when that purpose is adversarial. any word can become offensive if you say it with enough venom

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lt. Danger posted:

got no stake in this but I guess the dumb reddit post does have some broader relevance in that public innumeracy is one of the reasons why politics is so awful. cooking comic carries many sins but that is not one of them. to be fair both images do imply contempt for the average person which is very CSPAM

plus people know when they are being got at. you don't read posts in a vacuum but in a context, you can intuit when someone is posting with an ulterior purpose and when that purpose is adversarial. any word can become offensive if you say it with enough venom

1 post in the thread and its not an image @_@

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i will destroy public innumeracy

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

Lt. Danger posted:

i appreciate the sincere engagement. i guess i just dont really see the relevance in the intent behind the post if the post itself is no worse than the average content of the thread. like if i go into the trump thread and post about donald trump having sex with his daughter or vladimir putin, who cares if i voted for him or not? obviously this question is less directed at you personally than to the seethers but thanks for helping me flesh things out

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

1 post in the thread and its not an image @_@

That one post is better than all of the recipes and long form images.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1677120182940991491?s=20

lobster shirt posted:

i will destroy public innumeracy

check your PMs

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Demilich posted:

That one post is better than all of the recipes and long form images.

this is the picture thread not the post thread

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Gee why does everyone hate this pictures explicitly posted to poo poo up the thread? Who can say.

All I know is that the thread is less popular, more annoying, and worse from before AIT started to now.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

AnimeIsTrash posted:

look at this PYF motherfucker

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

tokin opposition posted:

Gee why does everyone hate this pictures explicitly posted to poo poo up the thread? Who can say.

All I know is that the thread is less popular, more annoying, and worse from before AIT started to now.

i guess this is where i fundamentally disagree. the thread was unfunny and hollow to begin with imo. which is probably why ait decided to "spice things up" with some fun recipes to laugh at, for which i thank him

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Now it's in picture form!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
that wildstar image got me thinking about vanilla wow again

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The thread was entirely fine for my lazy browsing purposes. Probably the only thread that moves at this pace that I don’t periodically just skip a bunch of pages. It’s just nice to casually scroll when you have ten minutes and want some giggles or whatever

AiT is fine and the people who don’t like him should just ignore him or scroll by. It was funny at first seeing all the vitriol then it was tedious and now it’s just idk I do think PKMN is using his powers to produce some really salty pictures and that’s funny, and the Ant meltdown was loving magical, but otherwise I guess maybe ‘extremely tedious’ would be where I’m at

AiT will probably get bored and move on at some point if people just stop yelling at him and rolling in the mud

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s pretty funny that the car hate thread handled AiT with a lot more grace and dignity than the funny pictures thread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i say swears online posted:

lol that just reminded me that questionable content is still going

5000 comics of this

holY poo poo

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Separate but sequel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be the leader of the communist USA in Surge 6.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Was this posted in the body builders forum

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

and for the phone posters:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lol is this a glitch or a mod act? Funny either way

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!
working for me op

AnimeIsTrash posted:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

:shrug:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lol is this a glitch or a mod act? Funny either way

catbox.moe takes a while to buffer sometimes

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

croup coughfield posted:

i guess this is where i fundamentally disagree. the thread was unfunny and hollow to begin with imo. which is probably why ait decided to "spice things up" with some fun recipes to laugh at, for which i thank him

Nobody loving asked him to "spice things up" and most of the regulars have been asking that he stop the entire time. Too bad you didn't like the thread, but a lot of us were quite happy with it as it was, before it was closed and he came to poo poo up the new one.

If you're doing this for some poster's crusade AIT, thank you, I think we got it. gently caress off.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

sour cream in tacos :barf:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 74 days!

tokin opposition posted:

Nobody loving asked him to "spice things up" and most of the regulars have been asking that he stop the entire time. Too bad you didn't like the thread, but a lot of us were quite happy with it as it was, before it was closed and he came to poo poo up the new one.

If you're doing this for some poster's crusade AIT, thank you, I think we got it. gently caress off.

ts an open thread and whoever wants to can post the pictures they want in it. maybe youre looking for something more in a closed discord or private forum if the concern is that outsiders can post pictures you dont like in the pictures thread

you could always request to be made ik of the thread if you feel it needs better stewardship

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:siren: BREAKING NEWS: INDISPUTABLE PROOF THAT PUTIN IS A FASCIST :siren:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

just make the tacos OP

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

how many loving recipes are even left

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

ArmZ posted:

:siren: BREAKING NEWS: INDISPUTABLE PROOF THAT PUTIN IS A FASCIST :siren:

Stealing grain, just like his hero stalin

Adbot