Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Kamala is the "nice move, idiot" emote.

Lotta grumpy idiots itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

dangerburrd posted:

A brown girl smiling and giving a thumbs up is not a teabag.

lol come the gently caress on

They should add more emotes, either way. Seems like a fun thing to change up even if most of their usage is people being dickheads

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dangerburrd posted:

Lotta grumpy idiots itt

even if you disagree with what we're saying I'm not quite sure how it makes us idiots? and honestly, based on this tone, it feels p obvious you are using the Kamala emote condescendingly lol

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
:thumbsup: Big Kamala energy.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
My emote strategy:

* Kamala when someone emotes on one of my better variants. I think that's an appropriate reaction that indicates "cool, thnx for the compliment!"

* Deadpool when I do something dumb. Often followed by me retreating.

* Thanos Snap when we're both snapping in proving grounds.

* Spider-man point when we play the same card.

* Fist bump after a good game or when the opponent seems nice.

* Hello! when my opponent seems to have fallen asleep. There's people who use it as a greeting but I don't like that, the "!" makes it too aggressive. (I do use it to 'hello!' back though.)

* Snap? to try and make opponents snap in proving grounds. At the same time as I snap myself.

* I'm losing/I'm confident/I don't believe you: sometimes during games. But not often.

* Thumbs up! Almost never. Fist bump is better.

* Aaaaargh!! When I had some obvious bad luck. Or when my opponent just Killmongered my Nebula and Sunspot or something.

* What just happened?! Never ever, this is the most toxic one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

dangerburrd posted:

Lotta grumpy idiots itt

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

uXs posted:

My emote strategy:

* Kamala when someone emotes on one of my better variants. I think that's an appropriate reaction that indicates "cool, thnx for the compliment!"

* Deadpool when I do something dumb. Often followed by me retreating.

* Thanos Snap when we're both snapping in proving grounds.

* Spider-man point when we play the same card.

* Fist bump after a good game or when the opponent seems nice.

* Hello! when my opponent seems to have fallen asleep. There's people who use it as a greeting but I don't like that, the "!" makes it too aggressive. (I do use it to 'hello!' back though.)

* Snap? to try and make opponents snap in proving grounds. At the same time as I snap myself.

* I'm losing/I'm confident/I don't believe you: sometimes during games. But not often.

* Thumbs up! Almost never. Fist bump is better.

* Aaaaargh!! When I had some obvious bad luck. Or when my opponent just Killmongered my Nebula and Sunspot or something.

* What just happened?! Never ever, this is the most toxic one.

Fist bump is obvious..

"What just happened?!" is good for when you get hosed over by their brilliant move. That's the only time I use it. But then again, they usually use it against me at the same time..

I use "Thumbs up" as the sincere version of Kamala since she is perceived as negative.

Since there's no "The gently caress man, you're really using Galactus?", that's where "I don't believe you" is used.

And I basically don't emote anything else. Yeah, we both saw we're both using Kitty, what a shock. Maybe if we both Stormed the same lane I'd use the Spider-man point, but its overplayed at this point.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

My take is:

Fist bump is "GG/Well Played".
Deadpool is for if the opponent outplays me - or hilariously bad RNG.
Thanos Snap is for when I outplay the opponent - Cosmo on the same turn they play their Hit-Monkey, for example.
Spiderman is for when we play the same cards or have the same avatar. I also play it when I play Leader and he plays the same card as my opponent :v:

And Ms. Marvel thumbs up is for when the opponent tries to screw me over, but misses. Or any other "lol gently caress you" type sentiment.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

DeepDickPizza posted:

lol come the gently caress on

They should add more emotes, either way. Seems like a fun thing to change up even if most of their usage is people being dickheads

Honestly surprised they haven’t decided to make additional/selectable emotes another monetization avenue.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
"I'm losing!" is for when the opponent has tried something and it's either blown up in their face or I know it's about to.
"I am confident." is for when I've tried something and it's either blown up in my face or I know it's about to.

Kalman posted:

Honestly surprised they haven’t decided to make additional/selectable emotes another monetization avenue.
They really should. MTGA has done it really well.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Kalman posted:

Datamined:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

CapnAndy posted:

"I'm losing!" is for when the opponent has tried something and it's either blown up in their face or I know it's about to.
"I am confident." is for when I've tried something and it's either blown up in my face or I know it's about to.

And if someone is like, "Snap?" I'll typically respond, "Aaaaaaaargh!" then "I'm losing!" in quick succession.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
At the very least I want “Yes” and “No” as emotes so I can just say no when someone emotes “Snap?”

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The Galactus player spamming Kamala over and over after winning is just signaling good sportsmanship and cheer, anyone who thinks otherwise is a grumpy old man!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't think there's anything inherently sarcastic or lovely about the thumbs up emote but when a player is already projecting a lot of malice on their opponent any sort of extraneous optional interaction is going to be read as super toxic

imo you shouldn't feel bad if you've used any of the emotes genuinely and people should chill a bit and stop assuming the worst of the opponent. there's definitely always going to be some shitheads out there who are going to try to spam emotes at you hard enough to try to make you understand telepathically that they want to call you their favorite slur, but don't extrapolate that out to everyone or you're going to have a real awful time

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Just mute, it's not that hard

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Fistbumps are now also for the start of conquest games when it's guaranteed to be the last match in the set (I.e. both you and your opponent are down to 2 cubes or less).

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I love using and seeing the Kamala emote in smug circumstances, it's when it's used more than once that it sucks

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's lovely to use it for something like a Galactus win, it's for the other side, like when they play Galactus but you got Cosmo down first or something.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

The Sean posted:

Datamined:

Haven't bought anything except season passes since my first month but my wallet is flying open for that

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I just skunked a guy in Conquest who'd been saving Galactus for a Match 5 surprise by playing Magneto to that lane first and thus not only taking the lead there, but making it so Galactus wasn't alone. He reacted by letting the timer run out in the last round while playing nothing.

I can assure you that the Ms. Marvel I sent him as I won was entirely 100% sincere, because how could it possibly be otherwise.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sandwolf posted:

Kamala is only ever interpreted rudely, if you Kamala'd at me after any of those I'd think you were basically teabagging me in an FPS. the only innocent emotes are fist bump, deadpool, and spider man. "Arrgghhhh" is probably fine

Deadpool isn't innocent when you play it in response to your opponent's move, or you predicting their play.

As for Kamala, I'm amazed that anyone is still willing to die on that hill. Someone complained on Reddit that people were being toxic with the emote and an SD rep replied to say that probably wasn't what they intended, it was a "nice play" emote. They promptly got dogpiled by half the subreddit saying "No, we definitely mean to be toxic when we use Kamala".

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

dangerburrd posted:

Lotta grumpy idiots itt

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
The wink makes it feel way more sarcastic. People would probably be toxic with it anyway w/o but they're begging for it to be used for evil the way it's designed.

But whatever, fist bump exists and it's easy to mute assholes.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

The Sean posted:

Datamined:

this being locked behind a card is dumb.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Earlier someone Juggernauted my unrevealed Brood into Sanctum Sanctorum, and you better believe I sent out a Ms. Marvel when it happened.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

They only have toxic emotes because they want you to get so mad for losing to yet another Galactus who spammed thumbs up that you spend $900 on a Tier 5 card and 2 variants.

My biggest problem with the emotes is I think the Deadpool one doesn't quite convey enough that I'm a loving idiot who keeps ending turns without doublechecking what I'm doing, leaving me with a solid minute to stare at my mistake while my opponent slowplays.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

They only have toxic emotes because they want you to get so mad for losing to yet another Galactus who spammed thumbs up that you spend $900 on a Tier 5 card and 2 variants.

My biggest problem with the emotes is I think the Deadpool one doesn't quite convey enough that I'm a loving idiot who keeps ending turns without doublechecking what I'm doing, leaving me with a solid minute to stare at my mistake while my opponent slowplays.

I immediately slam "I'm losing!" when I end turn before double-checking my moves but nobody seems to have caught on

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They’re used in a toxic way for sure, but if you’re getting legit mad at a little Kamala emote you need to take a few deep breaths and reevaluate your life. If someone is spamming stuff then yeah, mute them

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So you spend two and a half hours grinding proving grounds -> silver ticket -> gold ticket -> infinite ticket, lose in your fourth game and you get kamala emoted. You get mad. At which stage of this process should you have re-evaluated your life?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I say again, all emotes should be replaced with "so THAT happened!". It is MARVEL snap after all

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Opopanax posted:

They’re used in a toxic way for sure, but if you’re getting legit mad at a little Kamala emote you need to take a few deep breaths and reevaluate your life. If someone is spamming stuff then yeah, mute them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No Wave posted:

So you spend two and a half hours grinding proving grounds -> silver ticket -> gold ticket -> infinite ticket, lose in your fourth game and you get kamala emoted. You get mad. At which stage of this process should you have re-evaluated your life?

This one

No Wave posted:

You get mad.

Maybe a little earlier. It's a superhero card game you play on your phone.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Of course Kamala is often used to be rude. I am an adult human who can manage my emotions and not be completely thrown by rude anonymous people. I recommend this approach. It feels great.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe I've been in customer service for too long but it takes a lot more than this

To upset me :shrug:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Alright I haven't played Patriot in months. What's the hot deck?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Devo posted:

They haven't made any new powerless cards so it's the same. IW helps a lot though

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Devo posted:

I don't think there really is one, but I used this one to finish out the quests tonight. Mind you, it was 50/50 play and battlegrounds.

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Dazzler
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) Super-Skrull
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUGF0cmlvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVicmlpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaG9ja2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYm9taW5hdGlvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29zbW8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGF6emxlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ3ljbG9wcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ildhc3AifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN1cGVyU2tydWxsIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

It's mostly vanilla, but dropping Super-Skrull on someone who played a combo of Patriot/Mystique/Blue Marvel?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Good enough to go from 82 to 93 I guess

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm once again trying to spread the good word of retreat sharing in conquest once you know the other guy is also playing patriot. I got through my quest in like 30 minutes so I don't have to play patriot anymore