Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

I like in the framing how the full shot of each has the same position in both panels.

Also I like the happy reunion, and the drip, and the sheer rizz of Allison.

Oh man, that will look awesome in the printed version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Does... Does White Chain have Solomon's key??

I know a colored gem in the forehead doesn't automatically equal a demiurge key, but.... Maybe??????

What a generous and good ruler he is, first he abdicates then he hands his key over

I'm sure glad he'll definitely survive the whole comic

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Ok, also, is it the insane workout regime or the furious royalty mindset that gives you a figure like that?

I can't do either.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

What a generous and good ruler he is, first he abdicates then he hands his key over

I'm sure glad he'll definitely survive the whole comic

I was under the impression he's either dead or incapacitated in order to prolong Jagganoth's imprisonment.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I was curious to see how Allison would get past this without violence.

Apparently just no selling all these guards!

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

like the auditory double entendre of DOOM footsteps then switching to DOM as she walks on a guard. Both indicates she's not out for blood and well :wiggle:

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 7, 2023

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I'm sorry if this makes me thick but...White Chain's alive?! Did she get split off in a different direction at the last fight then and found her own way back?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I was under the impression he's either dead or incapacitated in order to prolong Jagganoth's imprisonment.

That can't be right

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

okay but Allison's right girl DOES look SO GOOD

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

That can't be right

Why not? It seems like he's not around. My guess is he's stuck in stasis with Jagganoth to maintain the technique of relief. And maybe he won't survive when it runs out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Why not? It seems like he's not around. My guess is he's stuck in stasis with Jagganoth to maintain the technique of relief. And maybe he won't survive when it runs out.

But who will kindly instruct White Chain in how to run an empire republic if that happens? :ohdear:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Gotta love the fact that once again, Alison's footsteps basically go "top top top top DOM".

And yes, both our girls look fantastic in their new drip.

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus

habeasdorkus posted:

White Chain dropping the same lines as from the start of the comic shows you can take the angel from the stone, but you can't take the nerd from her monologue.

I love it, she is exactly as long winded as before

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

RoboCicero posted:

I'm sorry if this makes me thick but...White Chain's alive?! Did she get split off in a different direction at the last fight then and found her own way back?

Yeah. We did know this (although not presented in the comic) already - the War for Rayuba game had White Chain leading the loyalist faction against Jagganoth's forces.
I assume the fact this scene is happening in Throne rather than Rayuba is the actual canon consequence of how that game shook out.

habeasdorkus posted:

White Chain dropping the same lines as from the start of the comic shows you can take the angel from the stone, but you can't take the nerd from her monologue.

Not just that - when White Chain wants to boast her power to someone, she does it exactly the same way as before any of this nonsense. White Chain never needed to grow stronger, she just had to learn to be proud of who she already is.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Also Zaid mentioned White Chain so we've known she's alive for a while.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

MikeJF posted:

royalty is stored in the drip

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
you hosed up, jagganoth! your ultimate attack ended up just making everyone hot

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Tenebrais posted:

Yeah. We did know this (although not presented in the comic) already - the War for Rayuba game had White Chain leading the loyalist faction against Jagganoth's forces.
I assume the fact this scene is happening in Throne rather than Rayuba is the actual canon consequence of how that game shook out.

How did that shake out, actually? I assume it didn't go well for the loyalists.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Rayuba got iced... Or rather the opposite in terms of temperature.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DOM

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Second time I've gone "Yaaay!" at this comic. :neckbeard:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

RBA Starblade posted:

That can't be right

The purple blood flowing out the hole from Throne to Rayuba was kind of a clue, all least to me, the guy who suggested weak Allison's shaking hands holding the hair shears meant she was using her get to cut her hair, so if I'm right, broken clock twice a day etc

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-o5dguRhUk&t=58s
Same energy.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Those are some Kingdom Death level hips. I always thought the billowy trousers were a stylistic choice but how little did I know

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Allison is gonna introduce White Chain to a chanteuse from her world named Shakira. White Chain won't understand it. "Of course my hips don't lie. I am an angel of the cold flame. I try to be truthful in all things. Why would my hips be any different?"

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

habeasdorkus posted:

Allison is gonna introduce White Chain to a chanteuse from her world named Shakira. White Chain won't understand it. "Of course my hips don't lie. I am an angel of the cold flame. I try to be truthful in all things. Why would my hips be any different?"

This got a tortured, regretful chuckle out of me.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Are we going to get the results from that RPG they were running after Jaggy got imprisoned from this?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Azubah posted:

Are we going to get the results from that RPG they were running after Jaggy got imprisoned from this?

Pretty sure we already did - they’re not based on Rayuba, after all. That place is probably on fire!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Girl does look so good

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I thought that was Nyave for a second, I forgot about WC's big change it's been so long.

chami posted:

82 White Chain? Guessing lots of poo poo went down offscreen, but at least that means she can still reincarnate in her current form.

I mean, she wasn't shown dying or anything after the attack on Jagg went south and the timeskip happened was she? I don't quite remember. No body no death.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
They don't go up a number until they are reborn. I'm guessing she's counting her transformation as an incarnation :3:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I sure as hell would count what happened during the Solly Dave fight as dying and being reborn.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
82 White Chain has always known 47 Empty Palms Vanquish the Wicked and the Fourth syllable of Fourty-Two. Don't get confused.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Shoehead posted:

They don't go up a number until they are reborn. I'm guessing she's counting her transformation as an incarnation :3:

She's been at 82 since the beginning of the comic, no?

On that topic, I wonder how her new nature works with an angel's reincarnation. Will she die for good if she does*, come back as her current hybrid form, or go back to being a regular angel**?

* Which may be suggested by this page.
** "I'll reincarnate. They'll kill you too, and we'll both forget what change is."

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

YaketySass posted:

On that topic, I wonder how her new nature works with an angel's reincarnation. Will she die for good if she does*, come back as her current hybrid form, or go back to being a regular angel**?

** "I'll reincarnate. They'll kill you too, and we'll both forget what change is."

I'm guessing she's now mortal, but who can say but Operant.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I expect that right now it's as much a mystery to her as it is to us.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
She's still an angel beneath the flesh, and thus immortal. She can materialize her wings. Parts of her can poke through the skin and immediately return without damaging her non-stone body. Krayu Mat would still have her hot white flame true self externalize.

The question is if you blow up her body does that force a reincarnation or can she just rematerialize one like she did during the fight in the first place. You have to kill an angel in the void to force a numerical reincarnation, not just the shell.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

YaketySass posted:

Yeah, she's been 82 since we met her but I agree that if she wanted to count what happened to her as a reincarnation it seems totally right to me.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 9, 2023

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
It appears she still has a cool white soul flame. If her body is destroyed, maybe she would be able to rematerialize it, who knows. Part of this miracle is that an angel can walk outside the void without a stone body to hold the spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

She's the next step in Angel evolution, after they've stagnated for untold aeons, I think she'd keep the form change if she died and reincarnated because it's like a change to her soul