Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Charles Leclerc posted:

if you no longer go for an age gap you are no longer a racing driver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

why is it called maggots

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
they're eating the queen

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

SocksAndSandals posted:

why is it called maggots
named after the popular british ingredient

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SocksAndSandals posted:

why is it called maggots

its where they meant to leave thatcher's carcass

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
"The opening section, Maggotts, was named not for the wriggly larvae but for nearby Maggot Moor."

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Sunk Dunk posted:

"The opening section, Maggotts, was named not for the wriggly larvae but for nearby Maggot Moor."

I thought you were just making this up so I looked it up and lol it's actually true.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

but what is the moor named after then??

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Maggot moor is where we leave thatchers corpse, named after the maggots that live there

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Feels like this is a never-ending series of deflections - aaah, no, you see it’s named after maggots manor, and that’s named after maggots river and THAT’S named after… and ultimately it’ll always end up being name after maggots, the cadaver-eating worms.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mokotow posted:

Feels like this is a never-ending series of deflections - aaah, no, you see it’s named after maggots manor, and that’s named after maggots river and THAT’S named after… and ultimately it’ll always end up being name after maggots, the cadaver-eating worms.

it doesn't get more english than that

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Furious George posted:

Seriously thinking about going to the race in Canada next year, where do people buy tickets these days? Official site says tickets on sale on July 26th, but you can already buy them on other sites like 'Motorsport Tickets'? I probably would want to sit in Grandstand 11 or 12.

I've been once before, but it was back in 2002 I think, so anyone got any protips on attending the race these days?

I went to Canada in 2019 and had a great time. If I remember correctly I got my tickets from the main F1 site. Went all 4 days. Thursday was the grid walk and I was lucky enough to get 19 of the the 20 driver autographs. I think it was the first 200 people in were able to go to the autograph section. McLaren stayed at my hotel in downtown Montreal, so every time I got in the elevator I saw orange shirts. Met Carlos in the gym upstairs and he was very nice. Met the other driver in the lobby and he was a douche. Was glad when he DNF'd that day. Karma. Section 11 was the most sought after and then 12 so try to get those when available. I stayed in section 24 Lance Stroll all weekend. If I could do anything differently, I would have tried to get tickets in different sections for different days. My seat was fine but I saw the same view all weekend.

Looks like the tickets are live now, don't wait. https://tickets.formula1.com/en/f1-3215-canada

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Radiohead71 posted:

Met Carlos in the gym upstairs and he was very nice. Met the other driver in the lobby and he was a douche.

Mods??

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
sounds like Carlos is so far immune to the full effects of driving for Frauderia Failarri

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

didnt know max drove for mclaren in 19

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
does anyone know whether piastri got the mclaren upgrades this week, or is it still just norris?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Piastri got them. They interviewed him briefly on Weekend Warmup and he confirmed it.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Seriously going to laugh my rear end off if Williams win and become the only team to beat Redbull this year :xd:

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Why have the English historically sucked so much at their own language? And also creating bad units of measurement and thread pitches?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rectal Placenta posted:

Why have the English historically sucked so much at their own language? And also creating bad units of measurement and thread pitches?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_spongiform_encephalopathy

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Al-gon win

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mercedes has sabotaged Sir Lewis

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Alexando Albonso podium.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Custard Undies posted:

Seriously going to laugh my rear end off if Williams win and become the only team to beat Redbull this year :xd:

Just needed to start using computers to build their car

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
williams using computers to build their car for the first time

https://i.imgur.com/AWFPzJw.mp4

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

They should just rename every corner Sir Lewis Hamilton corner/straight.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Then on the outside of Copse is the Max Verstappen gravel trap

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Russian Bear posted:

They should just rename every corner Sir Lewis Hamilton corner/straight.

:yeah:

Maybe one for Jenson.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Almost certain to rain during qualifying and very likely during the race

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Get in there Pitt.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Brad has the chance to do the funniest thing possible to Max's car

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

Get in there Pitt.

It would have been ultra funny if Fassbender was the original casting pick but everybody involved in putting him on a f1 car told no.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

brad pitt is 60 in december

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Alonso will still be racing at his age

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

get in there lewis