Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Nah Insidious 2 was definitely Patrick Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Wilson gets to ham it up in Insidious 2, it's fun.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I should also mention, because Insidious obviously really loves its jumpscares, there's an absolute doozy in the new movie. Not quite the red-faced demon from the first one, but it's up there.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I watched Noroi last night and it was pretty good! I'm only two movies in but I'm impressed by the range Shiraishi shows while working in the found footage subgenre.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Basebf555 posted:

Nah Insidious 2 was definitely Patrick Wilson.

Lol I split 3 into two different movies. There you go

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

I really like Insidious even if it’s basically a jump-scare clip show. It was a really fun theater experience. I also think the astral projection stuff is at the very least, interesting and pretty original. Within the Patrick- Wilson-Verse, Conjuring is solid but I always thought Insidious was having a bit more fun. I’ll never forget some of those scares and I definitely didn’t expect Darth Maul to loving show up watching the first one lol.

Haven’t seen the sequels beyond 2 tho.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Insidious: The Red Door is as dumb as you'd expect, be that a pro or con.

I liked it. Some really cool shots offset by some really off the wall pacing. Dalton's friend Chris really stole the movie for me though. She knew exactly what genre she was in.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Levantine posted:

I liked it. Some really cool shots offset by some really off the wall pacing. Dalton's friend Chris really stole the movie for me though. She knew exactly what genre she was in.

I just got out of it and I liked it a lot too! I didn't recognize Dalton was the same actor as the first movie at first. I assumed they recast him since usually cute kids grow up to be weird looking adults but dude grew up into a decent looking (and acting) actor. My fiance liked seeing Patrick Wilson playing a character more nuanced than Ed Warren, but he'll always just be Raoul to me.

I feel at this point anyone going into a blumhouse movie without already liking blumhouse's style is trying to be miserable on purpose. And I know there's at least a few of you miserable bastards in this very thread.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That kid is ty simpkins who was in Iron Man 3 and Jurassic world.

I had no idea he was in the original insidious’

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I'm fully onboard with the Blumhouse house style by this point. Big, dumb and loud, with an almost sarcastic amount of jumpscares. And we even get to double dip, with The Nun 2 coming in September.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Upcoming movie about a Big Foot worshipping cult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D118asy-14

I'm loving there.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

Within the Patrick- Wilson-Verse, Conjuring is solid but I always thought Insidious was having a bit more fun.

I always find the Warrens as depicted in the Conjuring to be a Little Much. Like, we get it, guys, you love eachother and God very much, let's get back to the spookies, yeah?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I really love The Conjuring 2, I can't help it. The atmosphere is really cool and the final scene made me cry.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I want them to make a true to life Warren's movie because their loving con artists and really loving terrible people. Its like that movie The Pope's Exorcist and the actual priest it is based on is a huge poo poo head.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Phy posted:

I always find the Warrens as depicted in the Conjuring to be a Little Much. Like, we get it, guys, you love eachother and God very much, let's get back to the spookies, yeah?

I thought it was pretty tolerable, tongue-in-cheek, campy in the first 2 but by the 3rd one it went full “these two are literally the Christian Avengers”.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Hollismason posted:

I want them to make a true to life Warren's movie because their loving con artists and really loving terrible people. Its like that movie The Pope's Exorcist and the actual priest it is based on is a huge poo poo head.

Yeah knowing about the real Warrens has put me off of ever watching those movies

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Tho in the end- gently caress the Warrens, Insidious rules I mean look at this loving guy!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Deadite posted:

Yeah knowing about the real Warrens has put me off of ever watching those movies

Fake warrens kind of own though.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Sad to report that Beau is Afraid bounced right off me. I had to stop it when he reached the forest but I’m having a hard time wanting to finish it. Might just not be in the right mood.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah I have to completely divorce the Warrens as Movie Characters from the Warrens they're based on when watching 2. They're basically unrecognizable and it's just a Cool Ghost And Love Story to me.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I'm loving there.

Looks dope, and this guy's comment just makes me want to see it more.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
Last Drive-In is showing some bangers tonight

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Hollismason posted:

I'm loving there.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Deadite posted:

Last Drive-In is showing some bangers tonight

Around two years ago I went to a How Rednecks Saved Hollywood panel with Joe Bob and Darcy and met them after for a meet & greet. When I was there I told him that my dream movie for them to show would be Perfect Blue, and instead of getting the smile and nod I expected I actually got genuine interest from him, Darcy, and the crew that was there! Joe Bob directly asked me, if I could choose a single anime movie for them to show, would I pick it or Vampire Hunter D.

Perfect Blue is my favorite horror movie of all time so I of course said it, and I've been excitedly waiting every week for them to actually do it, mostly to make the joke that I caused it. But Joe Bob saying the words "Vampire Hunter D" out loud has been a joke between me and my friends who were there ever since. It was such a surreal moment.

This is really special to me. I'm really happy it's actually happening.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Vampire Hunter D is great but VHD:Bloodlust might be even better. It's just a more complete movie to say nothing of how wildly more beautiful and skillfully made it is.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Shrecknet posted:

Vampire Hunter D is great but VHD:Bloodlust might be even better. It's just a more complete movie to say nothing of how wildly more beautiful and skillfully made it is.

Oh absolutely. In fact part of why I was insistent on Perfect Blue, apart from it being my favorite horror movie, was because I had just watched VHD and thought it was cool but mostly only okay.

Maybe a future episode can cover Bloodlust, that'd be very cool.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Rewatching Mad God on Joe Bob and getting super unto it this time.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Dragonshirt posted:

Rewatching Mad God on Joe Bob and getting super unto it this time.

Same, tbh.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

Family.
This interview with Phil Tippett is great, he’s the best kind of curmudgeon

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The people demand a Bigfoot movie where he hangs dong.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hollismason posted:

I'm loving there.

Definitely misread that as "a big foot-worshipping cult" and like, I can't believe I have to say this...

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Can I interest you in Yeti: A Love Story?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Can I interest you in Yeti: A Love Story?

Totally different cryptid

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is the 2023 Children of the Corn any good?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Zwabu posted:

It doesn't even have corn.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

It doesn't even have corn.

it has a big corn monster

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Zwabu posted:

it being a kurt wimmer movie, I'm disappointed in the noticeable lack of gun kata

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zwabu posted:

It's dumb as hell

But having watched all 11 films (plus the short) in the series the week it dropped on VOD, that's still good enough for top 5-6. The films from 1996-2011 get dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I haven’t watched Joe Bob in quite some time. Just looked over the listings and wow they have shown some bangers. Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane? Housebound? Posession? I have to get caught up on rewatching some of these.

edit - actually looking over all the seasons they have covered a TON of thread favorites.

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 8, 2023