Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

OctaMurk posted:

i hope someday we get a book about the palace intrigue in ukraine

syrsky, zelensky and zaluzhny dont seem to be on the same page

isnt this just post ww2 mainland KMT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

And the AFU is doing that. They're moving the most cannon fodder to the area to get demolished in record time. So why isn't this working? Am I missing something?

The actual motto of the logistics corps is: gently caress you, got mine.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1676640578807758881?t=e8jr7DPLAiF6DuhGaOUOpg&s=19

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

OctaMurk posted:

hmm.. this is bad news for Ukraine

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Zeroisanumber posted:

As good a reason to die as any

Chernigov Big Mac is a bucket list staple.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

OctaMurk posted:

They are obviously trying to figure out who takes the fall

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I assume the palace intrique in Ukraine is basically game of thrones but with everyone eating cocaine for breakfast, lunch and dinner while also shooting up with comically large hypodermics full of steroids.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

Oh my god, he admit it!!

I did all that research and he just posted it. Goddamn

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

This is the happiest I've seen either of these dudes, at least since Zelensky's entry into politics.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Comrade Koba posted:

i wish putin would initiate a special culinary operation to liberate us from the people who put fruit on pizza :smith:

*rushes into the thread* Did someone say pizza?!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Literally 1984

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

VoicesCanBe posted:

The endpoint of liberal idealism, thinking that posting can replace reality.

Neoliberalism basically requires a completely separate fake reality to be manufactured and presented in place of the actual real world in order to work at all. Otherwise the systematic pillaging of the state apparatus might bother people.

*jingles keys*

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

this is literally like 1984

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

scripted by a cop?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

OctaMurk posted:

I want to know who killed all those ministers. And negotiator.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 09:02 on Jul 8, 2023

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Read another page

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Nix Panicus posted:

Read another page

sure thing bossman

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

No. No!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

All of the people saying Ukraine should decide whether or not it wants to use cluster munitions on its land assume Ukraine is a homogenous country, and that the people who pulled a coup to depose the democratically elected president favored by the eastern half of the country aren't absolutely giddy at the idea of forever salting the fields of their rivals.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I find the idea that Ukraine can decide anything of its own volition an absurd proposition to begin with.

Puppet states going to puppet.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Timetable of war-changing weapons:

- Javelins
- Himars
- Leopard tanks
- F16's
- Cluster bombs

What am I missing?
-

mlmp not getting thread banned for earnestly insisting that the west never engaged in wunderwaffe fantasies and it was actually only the russian that did is, yet again, proof that all mods and iks are loving worthless

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

mlmp not getting thread banned for earnestly insisting that the west never engaged in wunderwaffe fantasies and it was actually only the russian that did is, yet again, proof that all mods and iks are loving worthless

Don't be too hard on them. Everyone knows where their bread gets buttered.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DancingShade posted:

I find the idea that Ukraine can decide anything of its own volition an absurd proposition to begin with.

Puppet states going to puppet.

whenever you see ppl weigh pros and cons like regular ppl opinions matter, it rules

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

gently caress threadbans

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cuttlefush posted:

gently caress threadbans

This. Discussion doesn't mean "everyone has the same opinion, also now let's form a circle and jerk each other off".

Hell if gimmicks and dumb opinions were all it takes I'd have been shown the door a long time ago.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

Timetable of war-changing weapons:

- Javelins
- Himars
- Leopard tanks
- F16's
- Cluster bombs

What am I missing?
-

think of war changing as "preserving stalemate", so they're like war-unchanging weapons

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

well you better get used to it because it wont be long until everyone knew ukraine had no chance and this was all a bad idea

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the NATO armour went from an invincible unstoppable spearhead to "well the crew all survived" almost instantly

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Talked with my family in Russia. Overall they have little to no effect from sanctions, quality of life continues to improve, though there was a wave of people losing jobs as the various companies pulled out of the country. Many live in the southern part of Moscow so the latest Ukrainian drones fell into their neighborhoods, people died in the upper floors where they hit, though not anyone I know thankfully. Probably were intended to make it downtown, but they only made it to the outskirts.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

DancingShade posted:

This. Discussion doesn't mean "everyone has the same opinion, also now let's form a circle and jerk each other off".

Hell if gimmicks and dumb opinions were all it takes I'd have been shown the door a long time ago.

it's not bad opinions, it's pedantically arguing objectively wrong poo poo for pages on end without ever shutting the gently caress up

Weka
May 5, 2019

Surely terror bombing will work this time.

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

mlmp is hardly our worst regular. tbh I appreciate not having to go anywhere else to get a different point of view and they're not a psycho so I encourage them to continue posting.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it's funny. Just have a lol at him

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

Weka posted:

mlmp is hardly our worst regular. tbh I appreciate not having to go anywhere else to get a different point of view and they're not a psycho so I encourage them to continue posting.

who is worse? and woe be upon you if you say fizzy

ok time is up: the correct answer was empty quoting this post

BEAR GRYLLZ has issued a correction as of 10:34 on Jul 8, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
we should unperma the anarchist russianstomper69 guy he was badass

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

i wish putin would initiate a special culinary operation to liberate us from the people who put fruit on pizza :smith:

bring back prigozhin for the special culinary operation imo

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Weka posted:

mindless contrarianism is not, in fact, an actual point of view

Nix Panicus posted:

All of the people saying Ukraine should decide whether or not it wants to use cluster munitions on its land assume Ukraine is a homogenous country, and that the people who pulled a coup to depose the democratically elected president favored by the eastern half of the country aren't absolutely giddy at the idea of forever salting the fields of their rivals.

i'll have u know that having to kidnap people off the streets to man the front lines is just a sign of complete unity, and therefore ukraine can do some war crimes if they want to, as a treat

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the thing with 2-3% dud rates is that those tests iirc are mostly carried out on, like, parking lots and things. it's 2-3% under absolutely ideal circumstances. in practice it is almost certainly several times higher. the implicit admission that this is because the West can't supply enough conventional artillery shells to keep ukraine in the fight just makes it all be worse news all around

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

i say swears online posted:

https://twitter.com/hissgoescobra/status/1676980987060981762

"illegal trenches" is my favorite part of cluster discourse

HOA-rear end war

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

V. Illych L. posted:

the thing with 2-3% dud rates is that those tests iirc are mostly carried out on, like, parking lots and things. it's 2-3% under absolutely ideal circumstances. in practice it is almost certainly several times higher. the implicit admission that this is because the West can't supply enough conventional artillery shells to keep ukraine in the fight just makes it all be worse news all around

2-3% or 2-3 thirds, close enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

V. Illych L. posted:

remember when america had to scrounge for small arms ammo across the globe because they ran out of it while killing brown people in the most intense shooting war ever