Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

GateOfD posted:

so is anyone replacing their Tingyun with Yukong?

She works well in a loucha, silver wolf, seele team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sexual Aluminum posted:

She works well in a loucha, silver wolf, seele team

Does she work better than Tingyun though?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

GateOfD posted:

i feel like i should pull for blade, because i somehow lucked into getting an entire set of wind gear that's all crit rate/critdam substats on each piece with matching crit rate or crit dam chestpiece as an option while trying to farm the other set

Dan is pretty good too. Especially with Eidolons if you lucked into those.
(I "lucked" into like eight.)

He breaks wind weakness well, does a lot of damage, gets himself a good number of speed buffs and an extra turn if you kill with his ult, and he even brings his own slow to help the team!

Best of all, aside from the Eidolons that are nice but probably not super necessary, you've already got Dan.

You've all already got Dan.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Ytlaya posted:

One extra element instead of two is significant in a lot of fights, but Tingyun is better if the enemy is already lightning-weak.

(Mainly because Seele is already SP-hungry if there are adds to swat, so adding in another character that wants to use their skill every single turn can be a bit too much demand)

I'm gonna build her at some point but right now there's too much of a resource crunch.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Captain France posted:

Dan is pretty good too..

He breaks wind

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jabor posted:

One extra element instead of two is significant in a lot of fights, but Tingyun is better if the enemy is already lightning-weak.

(Mainly because Seele is already SP-hungry if there are adds to swat, so adding in another character that wants to use their skill every single turn can be a bit too much demand)

I'm gonna build her at some point but right now there's too much of a resource crunch.

Yeah, I like Tingyun largely because she only has to use her Skill once every few turns.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Dan is cringe

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I find it amusing Chinese Fugitive Spock has the most unga-bunga gameplay of any character in the game.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Mulva posted:

Why would Elio give a poo poo about a single Stellaron? Like his power is total foreknowledge of all events, something that has shown to be more effective than the bitch computer version that the space Chinese have. We've seen people empowered by a Stellaron. We *are* people empowered by a Stellaron. What Elio has is a step up from that.

I mean it could be harnessing an Aeon if stealing a Stellaron for personal use isn't big enough game, but having one embedded is enough to buy the MC access to some extremely important people in-universe (and there's the whole question of whether it's compatible with anyone else at all). We also only have Kafka/SW's perspective on how powerful Elio actually is, which feels pretty up for negotiation to me.

Maybe I'm wrong, but he feels like a piece of the puzzle where we just have no idea what the hell is going on (and therefore can be narratively volatile in interesting ways that leave people happy spending $1500 for Kafka or Blade E6 despite how the story plays out).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

so is anyone replacing their Tingyun with Yukong?

I replaced Asta with Yukong, because I'm building in anticipation for Dan.

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I like Tingyun largely because she only has to use her Skill once every few turns.

Build Yukong for damage and only use her skill when her ult is ready. She plays more like a defensive support that way but every 3 turns your 2 DPS deal big damage numbers.

Actually Yukong is a lot like Asta. She's meant to break shields and put out respectable damage numbers herself, and occasionally give big honking damage numbers to her party. Both want to be in mono element teams because of their A4 as well.

They're meant to play very differently than Tingyun and Bronya.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jul 8, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also there's a web event for an extra 60 jades. I found it on the app. Sharing in case anyone else didn't know about it.

https://act.hoyolab.com/bbs/event/2...tm_campaign=web

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lggMIYF_xLE

Starting in a few minutes

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Ytlaya posted:

As does Yukong if you build her right...

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Livestream codes - only valid today, redeem fast

7B6B7GBZTVTB

MSPT7HAZTCTX

5TPBPGAGBDAK

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jul 8, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So Blade's just a 5 star Arlan? Pass.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Walla posted:

So Blade's just a 5 star Arlan? Pass.
in the same way kafka is a 5* serval, yes

that is not at all without being extremely reductive

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

in the same way kafka is a 5* serval, yes

that is not at all without being extremely reductive

Fair enough. I just don't like having to juggle low hp characters.

He does look pretty cool though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Effect Res relics! And Speed relic sets!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Welp, I did 2 rolls on the banner hoping to get a constellation for pella or yukong and did get them + Luo. This throws a wrench in how I was planning on using energy to build my roster. I wasnt planning on actually leveling yukong to 70+ yet and now I need to get her and Luo up to be the imaginary element of the SW + Seele comp.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Welp, I did 2 rolls on the banner hoping to get a constellation for pella or yukong and did get them + Luo. This throws a wrench in how I was planning on using energy to build my roster. I wasnt planning on actually leveling yukong to 70+ yet and now I need to get her and Luo up to be the imaginary element of the SW + Seele comp.

I tried a Quantum + Imaginary team but it didn't work for me. The break effects of both compete with each other in a weird way. But I'm still leveling and tracing my teams so maybe you'll have better luck.

Also congrats! Luocha is great.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Walla posted:

I tried a Quantum + Imaginary team but it didn't work for me. The break effects of both compete with each other in a weird way. But I'm still leveling and tracing my teams so maybe you'll have better luck.

Also congrats! Luocha is great.

The way I see it, if you are using SW in your party then anything that isnt quantum break is conflicting. It becomes a management game where you want to have SW snipe out the break and then exploit the added damage.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Walla posted:

Fair enough. I just don't like having to juggle low hp characters.

He does look pretty cool though.

If you have Luocha he simply gets healed to full for free anytime you use his E.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Excelzior posted:

Livestream codes - only valid today, redeem fast

7B6B7GBZTVTB

MSPT7HAZTCTX

5TPBPGAGBDAK

As always, thanks for posting these. They help us F2P players out a lot

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Ytlaya posted:

I kind of think so. Less elemental spread for silver wolf

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
I haven't tried her yet in any hard content because I haven't leveled her at all, but I'm having so much fun using a support Yukong in calyxes and stuff that I'm sorely tempted to divert resources to building her even though I have like nine other characters I'm working on right now. What a fun character, seriously. Really makes you rethink your typical playstyle. Also I think the complaints about her being so fragile and build-dependent (and skill point heavy) are totally overblown, as long as you're good at strategizing in the moment and willing to tweak your strategy as the battle situation evolves she can be as good as anyone in sub-optimal conditions. I'd call her far more flexible than a character like say, Yanqing for example.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

she will totally change your relic setups.

25% crit rate is huge, if you really want to be super micromanaging your team, you can just forgo a lot of crit rate on gear and try to aim for just almost all crit dam. rolls

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

How far has that one YouTuber gotten using only the free units? I will eventually make my own challenge account to do that, but it's been hard to find the time with work and several other great games coming out.

Been busy with work + vacation and finally catching up with this thread, but the guy made it up to 3*-ing floor 5 of MoC, looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScRGeczYZgY

They’d spent all their stamina on relics from very early on (you can get by with xp mats from events alone when you only have 8 characters to level, as it turns out!) so they have very good gear.

Walla posted:

That gets difficult with only 5 characters.

The guy’s running with 8.

MC + Qingque + Asta + Natasha (I mean, the game forces you to pull for Asta)
March + Dan Heng + Serval + Herta

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bailu character quest was a solid downer, nice work writers.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

With that team you can clear MoC completely, probably. Dreamy did it using Welt as their only 5 star, but they have eidolons and 5 star lcs.

The real question is if you start a new account now do you still get Serval or was that only a 1.0 thing? I didn't pre-order and only started playing after Jing Yuan's banner went live, but I got her for free along with her crappy lc. And if you don't get her, is Yukong enough or even better?

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 8, 2023

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

just got yanqing on standard banner, i don't really feel like training him up since i don't have gepard whom he's apparently very synergistic with, should i boost him anyways considering he's my first 5 star 'carry' unit?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You might as well if you don't have a hard carry. But if you're already invested in Dan or Serval then he could probably warm the bench. Yanqing should work okay if you've trained March or your Fireblazer's shields are beefy enough. You don't need Gepard to use him.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Walla posted:

You might as well if you don't have a hard carry. But if you're already invested in Dan or Serval then he could probably warm the bench. Yanqing should work okay if you've trained March or your Fireblazer's shields are beefy enough. You don't need Gepard to use him.

i got e6 serval and dan on the last banner so those are the ones i invested heavily into, i haven't really put much at all into sushang or march other than uncapping their levels so maybe yanqing could 'replace' sushang as my benchwarmer dps in that position?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

just got yanqing on standard banner, i don't really feel like training him up since i don't have gepard whom he's apparently very synergistic with, should i boost him anyways considering he's my first 5 star 'carry' unit?

Fire MC or March work fine. I use him on my b team but don’t love him and would like to replace him (maybe with Blade??) but that’s because I’m comparing him to Seele. If you have no other carries he’s gonna be good.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Probably not worth it then unless you really want to use Yanqing. You're probably better off investing in Tingyun or Asta for your second team unless you have another support in mind.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just got Dan Heng E3 actually. One day I'll use him.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
New patch is looking great, love that we’re getting two more maps.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Oh hell yeah. Side missions and companion quests just isn't enough to really motivate me beyond dailies. One advantage Genshin has is that you can spend a lot of time just running around doing bits and bobs waiting for new content.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm guessing Imbibitor Lunae will have his own Stagnant Shadow. :(

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

A new stagnant shadow for every new character imo, even the 4*s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Walla posted:

I'm guessing Imbibitor Lunae will have his own Stagnant Shadow. :(
I'd be surprised. He's only the fourth Imaginary character, and they only split Ice and Lightning up at five.