Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
There is a cotton industry of youtubers importing Aliexpress EV things just for reviews. I enjoy those ebike school videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005704886510.html

:hmmyes:

edit: I had to check

https://twitter.com/najwazebian/status/892197251870838784?s=20

even more confused tbh

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

can i have one with zybourne clock, timecube or galtse on it?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

super sweet best pal posted:

Good luck, the import fees are several times the cost of the actual car. Not sure if this was posted itt before but it's a good summary,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRG0Wai4sR0

Also, you can't make it road legal in most states.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Darchangel posted:

There are neighbourhoods/areas in FL* cities where golf carts are street legal. A mate of mine there has one as a runabout, uses it for visiting friends, taking his kid to the pool, etc.

*(Probably other places too, but I think it's particularly widespread there).

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know about those specific ones but you can generally register them for street use as electric quads or something like that in Europe if they don't exceed some maximum speed and weight or some other limits. This is how the Citroen Ami is a thing.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Darchangel posted:

Who do I have to vote for to keep BIG GVMT out of MY cheap AliExpress vehicles!!?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't know about those specific ones but you can generally register them for street use as electric quads or something like that in Europe if they don't exceed some maximum speed and weight or some other limits. This is how the Citroen Ami is a thing.

I thought those were because France has the weird specific rules about tiny cars for kids & the under-licensed to drive

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

rio posted:

Who do I have to vote for to keep BIG GVMT out of MY cheap AliExpress vehicles!!?

In South Dakota you can register them but only if you promise not to drive them on interstate highways (since those are federal and the registration is only legal at the state level). It's supposed to be an exemption to allow farmers to register and use utility vehicles on state roads, but I regularly see people tooling around Sioux Falls on the ATV that is their daily driver.

E: so to answer your question, apparently you have to vote for hateful bigot Trump-lovers to get the cool teeny cars. Sorry man.

wheatpuppy fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jul 7, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It's not just France, but yeah that helps too. I don't know the exact rules because I just have normal cars but IIRC for that class you just have to be over 14 or (or 16?) and don't need a normal car license. So you see mostly teenagers and sometimes some old people drive them around.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Fair enough, I probably just associate them with France because of "oh those wacky French, how we hate and mock them" stories in the media.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I don't see why you can't drive them legally in all states. US ebike companies sell e-trikes. This is just one more wheel. Maybe you have to pay attention to the battery size limit.

And you don't need a license to ride an e-trike.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

stephenthinkpad posted:

I don't see why you can't drive them legally in all states. US ebike companies sell e-trikes. This is just one more wheel. Maybe you have to pay attention to the battery size limit.

And you don't need a license to ride an e-trike.

Yeah three wheels and four wheels are two different classes of vehicles and have different laws associated with them. It can get stupid but thems the lines that got drawn

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

what if you ordered on piece at a time, a door here, a motor there

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Shredder posted:

what if you ordered on piece at a time, a door here, a motor there

You’d be waiting a really long time and some part would probably go out of production before you completed

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wouldn’t be surprised if the big car companies lobby to make it a nightmare to import any non big brand vehicles of any kind.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Invalid Validation posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the big car companies lobby to make it a nightmare to import any non big brand vehicles of any kind.

They kinda already have

Owlaholic
Sep 12, 2015

muffin night, motherfuckers
I definitely appreciate the suggestion. 😂

:dafuq:

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Can the “Moxibustion cans” be used at the same time as my Bust Must Plus herbal enhancements?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5YyOnsHuAE

I just want to know is there youtube channel for "I brought the cheapest aliexpress rear end ball."

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 8, 2023

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

goatface posted:

I thought those were because France has the weird specific rules about tiny cars for kids & the under-licensed to drive

In the EU you can register those micro cars as mopeds and drive them when you're 15/16 (on a moped drivers license). They aren't allowed to go faster than 45 km/h.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

stephenthinkpad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5YyOnsHuAE

I just want to know is there youtube channel for "I brought the cheapest aliexpress rear end ball."

lmao those webbings and buckles look so sketch. Tons of people die picking up this light aircraft hobby. I think its how mcaffee went out

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane

Owlaholic posted:

Dontcha see? She just needs more moxi in her cans.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Owlaholic posted:

I’m staring at the DBZ shoulder lookin moxibustion thing on the right

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

lmao those webbings and buckles look so sketch. Tons of people die picking up this light aircraft hobby. I think its how mcaffee went out

no he took someone else out with a lovely paraglider. much like other rich silicon valley people he thought he was good at everything so started an OceanGate style company for paragliding...and it ended in customer death.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

He actually had somebody who knows what they're doing check it over first, and did replace the most sketchy carabiner. He absolutely knew what he was getting into.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

LifeSunDeath posted:

no he took someone else out with a lovely paraglider. much like other rich silicon valley people he thought he was good at everything so started an OceanGate style company for paragliding...and it ended in customer death.

And everyone knows he died because Hilary got to him.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Owlaholic posted:

It looks like 1970s fondue pots leaked all over her chest

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020
Can anyone recommend any good controllers for a cell phone (android) from Ali? I'd like to play something like Dead Cells, so nothing too fancy, but I have no idea what to look for in phone control pads. Preferably something that could also hold the phone.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

High Tension Wire posted:

Can anyone recommend any good controllers for a cell phone (android) from Ali? I'd like to play something like Dead Cells, so nothing too fancy, but I have no idea what to look for in phone control pads. Preferably something that could also hold the phone.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Poster didn’t say they were going to become a submersible captain.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

It aint Ali, and it only works if your phone is one of these

* Razer Phone 1 & 2*
* Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+/S9/S9+/S10/S10+/Note 8/Note 9/Note 10/Note 10+ - and newer Galaxies. I have an S21 Ultra and it works fine
* Google Pixel 2/2 XL/3/3XL/4/4XL,
* Other Android devices with center-mounted USB-C port and within the supported dimensions of 145.3 – 163.7 mm (Height) x 68.2–78.1 mm (Width) x 7.0 – 8.8 mm (Depth)

but the Razer Kishi is what I used for a couple of years before I got the Steam Deck. Especially works great with emulation, but I've played Dead Cells with it on the phone as well. Used it to beat Crypt of the Necrodancer. While it is available on Ali, it's usually always on sale on Amazon. $45 right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Kishi-Controller-Android-Passthrough-Thumbsticks/dp/B086X8DHN2

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 8, 2023

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

you can also get something like this for $7 on amazon assuming you already have a controller

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bored posted:

Poster didn’t say they were going to become a submersible captain.
Too bad, I heard the market is wide open right now

E: is it just me or the updated Ali design is complete garbage on desktop?

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Buy whichever 8bitdo controller appeals to you and has a phone bracket available.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If you want usbc connection, as far as I know there are only 2 controllers. Kishi and Gamesir. Both are about $80 when I brought my Gamesir.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

stephenthinkpad posted:

If you want usbc connection, as far as I know there are only 2 controllers. Kishi and Gamesir. Both are about $80 when I brought my Gamesir.

I own a kishi and a backbone one for use with remote play on my S9 and the backbone is a much better controller.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
I regret buying a kishi... just get a steam deck if you really want to play those kinds of games on the go

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Just get this:

C$18.57 65%OFF | Gamepad Android For Apple Eat Chicken Stretch Wireless Bluetooth Phone Directly Connected To Gamepad
https://a.aliexpress.com/_ms916e4

It's small, it's cheap, and it works. Eat chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Shredder posted:

you can also get something like this for $7 on amazon assuming you already have a controller

These are extremely top heavy and uncomfortable, I barely used the one I got.

The phone-between-pads design is far superior