Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Big writers rooms don't really exist anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well that's a fun thing to hear.

:(

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Writers rooms do not exist at all right now in America.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dr_rat posted:

It's one of the major things writers are striking about

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I would never dog Lillard, he did great. This was some other guy, I don't know who. He wasn't very good.

Also just sitting here thinking about possible Scooby Doo guest stars that never happened, I think probably the best one I've got is Scooby Doo Meets The Blues Brothers.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Scooby Doo Meets Gwar would be a good one

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Scooby-Doo Doo meets Scooby-Don’t

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Mathematically if they ever meet they cancel each other out and both cease to exists.

If you solve the title the title will also cease to exist making it incredibly hard to google.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

badass dude like "dont gently caress with me i got an icbm wathead for a fist. no stop. stop, no. no, im not into fisting. stop no. wtf is wrong with you all

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm not sure if Pluto is the only good Grim and Gritty remake of a light hearted classic, but it's easily the best. In the original version, that kid in front looks like this

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ohhhhhh it IS Astroboy

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It was originally a classic Astro Boy storyline called The Greatest Robot on Earth. Then in the early 2000s it got adapted into a standalone story not part of the Astro Boy universe, with the detective bot as the main character, and that series received lots of critical acclaim. That's what they're making here. So you won't see Astro Boy in this but you might notice a lot of resemblance between him and the child robot named Atom.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 8, 2023

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm honestly not too sure I'd consider Pluto a Grim and Gritty remake because the original was also kind of like that.

The adaption from the 1980's Astroboy is pretty decent if you can find it, although the English dub is challenging.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MikeJF posted:

It was originally a classic Astro Boy storyline called The Greatest Robot on Earth. Then in the early 2000s it got adapted into a standalone story not part of the Astro Boy universe, with the detective bot as the main character, and that series received lots of critical acclaim. That's what they're making here. So you won't see Astro Boy in this but you might notice a lot of resemblance between him and the child robot named Atom.

Atom is Astro Boy's Japanese name, it's the same character. And he does Astro Boy poo poo.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Gripweed posted:

Atom is Astro Boy's Japanese name, it's the same character. And he does Astro Boy poo poo.

Arse guns?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'm so glad the 50's didn't actually have the technology to create flying robot kids.

Astroboy shows that's a timeline far to disturbing to consider. Oh god... the Vietnam war if Astroboy had actually been a thing. :psyduck:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

dr_rat posted:

Astroboy shows that's a timeline far to disturbing to consider. Oh god... the Vietnam war if Astroboy had actually been a thing. :psyduck:

This was the plot of an actual Astroboy comic that Tezuka wrote.

It ends poorly for the Americans.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It was confirmed that each episode will fill an hour, so this adaptaion shouldnt have to cut anything major.

I do think they will change the name of the german guy to something other than Adolf.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Just in time for Jonah to get roasted on the internet for being a lovely boyfriend and using therapy speak to try and control his SO

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DC Murderverse posted:

Just in time for Jonah to get roasted on the internet for being a lovely boyfriend and using therapy speak to try and control his SO

He's a very good therapist.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s this generation’s Brian Wilson/Eugene Landy.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Not pictured: Bearcat

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Those scribbles are really ugly especially that big plus sign.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I saw that and it was very annoying. Jonah acting like some kind of auteur and then halfway through it he admits he has no idea what he's doing or where the show is going even though they had been filming like a year. It came off, to me, as extremely bush league.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

You can't trust anyone who can gain or drop like 150lbs seemingly overnight

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This anime just wants to make me go camping although I am very unsuited to the outdoors.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

kiimo posted:

I saw that and it was very annoying. Jonah acting like some kind of auteur and then halfway through it he admits he has no idea what he's doing or where the show is going even though they had been filming like a year. It came off, to me, as extremely bush league.

i went to look up what happened with hill and there's some extremely annoying twitter discourse that he made this show purely to gaslight his ex-girlfriend. no i'm pretty sure that's not the only reason he made the movie

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Autechresaint posted:

Aw. Matthew lillard is good as shaggy. He isn’t Casem, but no one could be.

Maybe he would be, if every line of dialogue was him trashing U2 shouting stuff like “NO ONE GIVES A gently caress ABOUT THEM” and “THEY’RE FROM loving ENGLAND” for the entire runtime.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How did that guy stick around after his weird pro-life stuff

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

How did that guy stick around after his weird pro-life stuff

You gotta separate the art from the artist.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The art got real old very quickly too, every time I see it I’m shocked that it’s still around and that it hasn’t improved

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
He doesn't even really stick to the original joke, it's no longer "stuff we do would seem weird to an alien observer" and now it's just "explaining common tasks using too many words."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Vargo posted:

He doesn't even really stick to the original joke, it's no longer "stuff we do would seem weird to an alien observer" and now it's just "explaining common tasks using too many words."

https://twitter.com/nathanwpyle/status/1678482363162976257?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

This is just a lame, overdone joke, I could go to 80% of the webcomics that have ever existed for that