Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Lol this guy thinks Elon invented Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Sir Tonk posted:

this was the moment society's progress stopped and the deevolution began.

this guy wants to hug and kiss steve jobs

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Just a Moron posted:

is he an official founder?

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

quote:

Imagine pouring your heart, soul, and countless hours into turning a unique idea into a thriving, multi-billion dollar business. You've sacrificed weekends, vacations, and precious moments with loved ones, all for the dream you believed in. Then one day, you find out that Mark Zuckerberg has incorporated a strikingly similar feature into his own platform. He didn't pioneer the concept nor saw the vision, didn't make the sacrifices, but rather he simply observed your success and copied it. This isn’t about the legality or the commonality of such practices in the tech world, but the sense of injustice.

Mark’s action stems from the way his company has incorporated features from competing platforms into its own services. This includes 'Stories' from Snapchat to Instagram, 'Trending Topics' from Twitter to Facebook, 'Short-Form Videos' from TikTok to Instagram Reels, and collaborative features from Slack to Facebook Workplace. And now he is attempting to replicate all of the best features from Twitter (post-Elon takeover) to create Threads.

True leaders blaze trails rather than follow them. True innovation isn't just about capitalizing on others' ideas, but about fostering a culture of creativity and originality. The world needs original thinkers, those who aren't afraid to be the first, who value invention over replication. This might be the harder path, but it's the one that leads to breakthroughs, to disruptive innovation, and ultimately, to lasting impact. It feels as though if Mark continues to copy the best features of companies around the world, the odds are stacked against the dreamers, the innovators, the ones brave enough to think outside the box. This practice is a blow to competition, to innovation, and, most importantly, to the entrepreneurial spirit.

The fight between Elon & Mark is shaping up to not just be about two tech giants in the ring, but rather it's about the principles that are shaping our digital world for our collective future. Now if the fight really happens between Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg, I hope Elon taps him out with the never-before-seen ‘Walrus’ move! @elonmusk

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Just a Moron posted:

well he invented tesla and space x

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Did you know Elon invented SomethingAwful?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Last Chance posted:

I love the truncated longform tweet feature in embeds, it just makes bizarre rants like these seem to trail off and it’s much funnier

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

cant believe Mr Crypto Teen 2015 isnt legit

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Did you know Elon invented SomethingAwful?

No wonder it's still running while everything dies around it

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Just a Moron posted:

if they ever go public again he will 100% sue to get named a founder, like he has done with all his other companies

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Is he talking about the rate limit or the nazi friendly environment?

Cause as far as I know they don’t have paid blue checks over there, the only other “post-musk” twitter feature I can think of

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mark Eurotruckerberg
Elon Mario is missing

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
does zuck have weird fanboys?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

as much as twitter sucks now it’s still got posters who will go down swinging

https://twitter.com/metaadamjohnson/status/1677475164257222659?s=46&t=wv7RqzdHvNj02olD1FFwIw

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Bip Roberts posted:

does zuck have weird fanboys?

no

well not in this dimension. maybe in carcossa or the dreamlands

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Please tell me that was a "Candle in the wind" app for $2.99.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

"The dream you believed in" is always just "have more money and/or influence than I did when I started", don't dress it up.

Also the entrepreneur space is full of people copying, refining, and outright stealing other people's work. Spending money to re-do something that someone else already paid for is just bad business.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Sir Tonk posted:

I would argue most musk fan parody accounts are not obvious at all

The content on serious and parody accounts are both equally deranged so unless you specifically have a list, it could be either. Not being able to see replies or the posters profile also makes telling the difference more difficult.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
I like apple co-founders that didn't die

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

thetan_guy42 posted:

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Did people like Steve Jobs have a bunch of creepy nerds like this or is this uniquely an Elon Musk thing

I’m guessing half are parody of his insane fans or scammers trying to scoop from Musks’ gigantic pool of gullible idiots

Ngl it would be fun to post ridiculous AI art of Elon with accompanying broken English and have it boosted into everyone’s brains with a bluecheck but I’m sure as gently caress not giving Elon my CC number

In Love With The Shape of Elon!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

thetan_guy42 posted:

the woz owns

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

how can one dude rock this much

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
in many ways steve jobs and elon musk are similar as they are both weird idiots piggybacking off the work of far smarter people

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
here lies steve jobs went on a weird diet that gave himself pancreatic cancer and tried to treat it by going vegan and died

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in many ways steve jobs and elon musk are similar as they are both weird idiots piggybacking off the work of far smarter people

mad?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
spending a significant portion of your fortune to assemble one of the all time best concert lineups is a cool move

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Bip Roberts posted:

spending a significant portion of your fortune to assemble one of the all time best concert lineups is a cool move

ah yes, the grimes-LMFAO concert

groimes der funneh, its een de name

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Euphoriaphone posted:

honestly, algorithmic feeds aren't always bad, it's just that meta has the absolute worst, dog poo poo algorithms on the web. tiktok is the best example of how to do it right. i hate to admit it, but twitter's for you feed is pretty decent now (mainly because 99% of the content it shows is only 1 degree removed from someone you actually follow; it rarely pipes in a tweet from someone that wasn't liked or connected with an account you follow)

i checked just out of curiosity and YOU LIED TO ME SIR :argh:

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
isn't threads only available in the us? seems like a hard cap

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Beeftweeter posted:

*matty voice* one billion Americans...

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

oh and the UK

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1677772277583347712

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So we’ve gone from Musk was forced to buy Twitter after desperately trying to get out of his agreement, to Musk wanted to buy Twitter to make it better actually, to now Musk invented Twitter

This really shouldn't come as a surprise after he wormed his way in as "founder" to every other company he's ever bought his way into

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Beeftweeter posted:

skill issue

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Oglethorpe posted:

oh and the UK

Also in New Zealand and probably alot more countries.

edit:

Confusedslight has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Jul 8, 2023

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

he's right.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
lol they're retconning Elon as a founder of Twitter just like they did with Tesla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Nate sprinting past bronze, past tin, towards the grody elements that decay really quickly and have no real application