Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ArmZ posted:

PAPAYA BITCH

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

they're clearly making checo's car slower to protect max and his fragile ego

why else would you send him out first on used tires???

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Thanks Ants posted:

Look how good this sport would be if you banned Verstappen from it

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

ArmZ posted:

why else would you send him out first on used tires???

They had just put new tires on him before the red flag. He hadn't done a hot lap on them yet.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
so you're saying red bull intentionally sent checo out on used tires.

c. horner reads this thread and saw everyone proclaiming the forgone conclusion that was checo wdc 2023 and now the fix is in

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Clearly if Perez is allowed to qualify 2nd, the chance of a first lap wreck between them goes up to 75%. Red Bull is protecting their assets by making Perez start at the back of the grid.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Simplex posted:

They had just put new tires on him before the red flag. He hadn't done a hot lap on them yet.

that's not what the f1 tv guys said, but I believe you over them!

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

I think this might not be Alonso’s year after all

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Merc getting dusted by not just one but now two of their client teams is pretty funny

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

refleks posted:

I can't believe Harvard Business School hasn't asked Helmut to create a course on leadership and management.

I'm sure Praeger U have instead.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Catching up on the quali, just got to the end of Q1. I’m assuming Danny Ricc is sitting in a Red Bull by the end of this broadcast?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I just watched quali

Tremendous, especially Q1, but can we just fire Max into the ocean or something

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

F1 would be really exciting if it was full of talentless people. That talented person is really ruining everything.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The car is good imo that's the problem

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

tony quidtana posted:

Me (having just received a lobotomy and being visited by the doctors to monitor my recovery): PEREZ WDC!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

always cheer for the upset

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/ValtteriBottas/status/1677777837913194496

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

ArmZ posted:

that's not what the f1 tv guys said, but I believe you over them!

If you need more info, he pit with 4 minutes left in Q1 for brand new softs, they threw the Red Flag at 3:11.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

F1 would be really exciting if it was full of talentless people. That talented person is really ruining everything.

As much as I hate to admit it, max is really talented

Does that mean I want to watch him win every race because he's in the best car as well? No.

Honestly give them all red bulls for one race, I wanna see how it turns out

:kheldragar:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Taxman posted:

Does that mean I want to watch him win every race because he's in the best car as well? No.

Its actually the car, op

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I missed quali (I didn't miss quali in truth because a quali not headed by Sir Lewis is a travesty and does not qualify as a qualifying imo) so what's the context of this?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Lando was p1 after the checkered flag waved then max topped him five seconds later

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I missed quali (I didn't miss quali in truth because a quali not headed by Sir Lewis is a travesty and does not qualify as a qualifying imo) so what's the context of this?

Lando set provisional pole with his last lap of the session and then Max immediately set a time a quarter of a second faster

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Taxman posted:

He's talented to a point but he's also going up against a teammate who is now pretty firmly in the back half of their career, has always been pretty sporadic, and in a team that from all outward appearances seems to be stacked against him. so the blow out results against Perez isn't exactly surprising.

I'm skeptical that max would be capable of the kind of feats Schumacher pulled off in his early career where he was taking shitboxes that were the 3rd or the 4th best car on the grid into championship contention. If either Ferrari or Mercedes got their poo poo together and Max was in the second best car suddenly I'm fairly confident you would see that reflected in the results.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Micheal Jordan ruined basketball😡

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I think this might not be Alonso’s year after all

he might still beat checo yet.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

YAY OSCAR!!!!!!!!!1one :australia:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol perez

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I came here to express excitedly about Lando. I can’t see RBR staying ahead past this season. It’s open season. Except Ferrari, they seem to enjoy the masochism.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Modulo16 posted:

I came here to express excitedly about Lando. I can’t see RBR staying ahead past this season. It’s open season. Except Ferrari, they seem to enjoy the masochism.

lmao the second verstappen was told he wasn't in first, he opened up enough to beat him in the third sector alone. He's got more pace that he's not flaunting right now.

Best qualifying all year though, hands down

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Kirios posted:

I'm surprised the Aston has stagnated so much in development.

they haven't developed their own car in like 4 years?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

the milk machine posted:

so you're saying red bull intentionally sent checo out on used tires.

c. horner reads this thread and saw everyone proclaiming the forgone conclusion that was checo wdc 2023 and now the fix is in

It's a Red Bull, you could get it out of Q1 with 4 sundials on the corners if it's driven by someone with a functioning hippocampus.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

F2 is just one long parade of safety cars right now.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Like iracing online lobby of bumper cars

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
I felt like Checo got really screwed by the red flag timing, and then sitting at the pit lane exit waiting for the session to resume. Only had time for 1 more flying lap on used tires, and being first out on a rapidly improving track. Everyone behind him had a better track to work with.

However...

Dudley posted:

It's a Red Bull, you could get it out of Q1 with 4 sundials on the corners if it's driven by someone with a functioning hippocampus.

With how dominant Max has been in that car you'd think Checo should be able to beat more than 25% of the field even with a handicap.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Albon is currently 5-5 in qualifying results.....

Against Perez

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQUMML5NV4k

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Custard Undies posted:

Albon is currently 5-5 in qualifying results.....

Against Perez

He wouldn’t be if Perez wasn’t driving for Red Bull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

who's ready for a double mclaren podium?