Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

that's okay. just basically peter pan has a bunch of horny poo poo about tinker bell that never stuck out to us as kids, has lead to endless horny deviant art drawings, and was considered completely unremarkable back at the time of the film's release. it ain't no big thing. i made my big joke.

e: this is a terrible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Welcome to the tinker bell page of the rpg thread. Only tinker bell related posts are allowed.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

im playing monster sanctuary after people mentioned it earlier. i dig the combat. the metroidvania part is just kind of there, though. its not bad but it doesnt really feel like it adds much.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Clarste posted:

I wasn't mentioning the faux-incest because this was about minors. Although at least the game seems to accept that Rean just isn't interested in dating his sister, even if the cast seems strangely okay with it.

Especially - and oddly - the person Rean himself has shown the most interest in, although I guess at least they're not 'jealous?'

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Blue Reflection: giving this a go, beat the second chapter, out of the tutorial now I hope and.... is there seriously no speed up button for any of the battles. I am dying of impatience.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Sora's mom-wait, there's 0 evidence he actually has a mom, huh.

This is actually dumbest thing to um actually about but Sora's mom actually has like a single line of dialog in KH1 where she's like calling him home on the opening island but and then proceeds to never appear on screen or ever be mentioned ever again. I don't know why this sticks in my brain but it does

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
she's hanging out with Maris Crane, and Mrs. Columbo

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Glagha posted:

This is actually dumbest thing to um actually about but Sora's mom actually has like a single line of dialog in KH1 where she's like calling him home on the opening island but and then proceeds to never appear on screen or ever be mentioned ever again. I don't know why this sticks in my brain but it does

Kingdom Heart's opening island sequence is honestly really good. You're just some kids hanging out, having fun. It's cute. Then things go wrong, and honestly while the rest of the game and franchise exists it kinda doesn't need to. That opening sequence is just so good.

fake edit: actually Kingdom Hearts 2's opening too. It's so long but so good, great weird horror as you're just a dude with a skateboard and also reality is breaking in stupid, horrifying ways.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Glagha posted:

Oh yeah, the joke is I realized that scene never explicitly says that woman is Sora's mom. She's clearly an older guardian but not grandma old, but she could be his aunt, older cousin or just his guardian/adoptive mom. For all we know Sora just spontaneously manifested in the world by the will of God, and given he's the Jesus of the setting...:v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Will never understand the Rean Derangement Syndrome people have regarding coldsteel.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Blue Reflection: giving this a go, beat the second chapter, out of the tutorial now I hope and.... is there seriously no speed up button for any of the battles. I am dying of impatience.
do you mean the first game? because yeah that game is pretty slowly paced. you also cant sprint. though the protagonist having a bum leg is an actual plot point so

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Endorph posted:

do you mean the first game? because yeah that game is pretty slowly paced. you also cant sprint. though the protagonist having a bum leg is an actual plot point so

Yeah, first game! I don't mind her not running, but going from Etrian ZOOM ZOOM battles to Blue Reflection's slow battles is an adventure.

I think I'll stick with it anyways just because it's dang cute..... and because I cannot play Blue Reflection 2 until I beat the first one. That's how it works.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yeah, first game! I don't mind her not running, but going from Etrian ZOOM ZOOM battles to Blue Reflection's slow battles is an adventure.

I think I'll stick with it anyways just because it's dang cute..... and because I cannot play Blue Reflection 2 until I beat the first one. That's how it works.

A gamer who will never be able to play Street Fighter II

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you can play blue reflection 2 without beating the first one. it's ok. 99% of 2 is not that deeply tied in

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

But you will miss out on the girl who fantasizes about working on games during crunch time

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Barudak posted:

A gamer who will never be able to play Street Fighter II

lol it's not that ironclad.

It's more that Blue Reflection 2 is 30$ and I really don't want to budget that right now, so any excuse to put it off is good. Also BR1 is cute, I love the enemy design, and I'll feel satisfied beating a jrpg. There's also the whole... skipping ahead when the first game is still playable/interesting to me feels wrong.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I played some more Chrono Cross yesterday and got up to where you swap bodies with Lynx. Still really enjoying the game, I'm a big fan of the battlemage type of combat where you attack to get "MP" to cast things. I'm starting to get to points where the game connects to Trigger and I'm not sure I'll like those connections but the story has been pretty OK to good so far. Feels like I'm playing Suikoden with the amount of party members you get thrown at you, hard to kick Harle out of the party because she's so weird and I love that.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

There is a big part of me that's mad I haven't beaten Disgaea 1. I've played like 80% of it multiple times, I know its endings, teen me had a great time playing it on PS2 back in the day... but also I think about finishing it now when I could jump ahead to Disgaea 2 or 5 with their much more likable casts and I just don't have the will to get back to where I was and beat the game.

I know I'm not obligated to finish games and they're here for fun but it's a weird place to be in. Thanks brain.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

StrixNebulosa posted:

No, the battles will never get any faster. At the very least, you'll get to the point where you can just oneshot entire encounters (though it means you'll hear the first 11 seconds of OVERDOSE until the end of time). The actual boss battles are the fun part, the trash encounters not so much.

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's more that Blue Reflection 2 is 30$ and I really don't want to budget that right now, so any excuse to put it off is good. Also BR1 is cute, I love the enemy design, and I'll feel satisfied beating a jrpg. There's also the whole... skipping ahead when the first game is still playable/interesting to me feels wrong.

Fair enough, BR1 is just pretty experimental and rough around the edges. BR2 is in part Gust trying to do what they wanted to with 1 and succeeding, while also doing it's own thing. If you do stick through with it, the game you'll get to follow it up with is a far more refined experience at least. While BR2 is designed to not require knowledge of the first game, it does have a lot of cool callbacks to BR1 hidden throughout it.

I'm tough on BR1, but I ended up enjoying it despite it's faults and my opinion has only gotten softer on it over time. If anything, the game does hit it's moody atmosphere really well, the Common looks fantastic, the soundtrack is also fantastic, and the boss fights are truly a jam. Heck, I even like all the little stuff they do with your phone, it makes me wish there was more put in to the school life side. There's also a few events later on I could do without.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

StrixNebulosa posted:

There is a big part of me that's mad I haven't beaten Disgaea 1. I've played like 80% of it multiple times, I know its endings, teen me had a great time playing it on PS2 back in the day... but also I think about finishing it now when I could jump ahead to Disgaea 2 or 5 with their much more likable casts and I just don't have the will to get back to where I was and beat the game.

I know I'm not obligated to finish games and they're here for fun but it's a weird place to be in. Thanks brain.

Disgaia 1 also feels a bit weird story-wise in hindsight. Like they obviously hadn't figured out the whole cosmology for the setting and it shows if you play it after the later entries. Obviously didn't matter at the time but it would make it harder to play now.

Mechanically it's also pretty dull once you're past the novelty of BIG NUMBER, which you would be if you've played 2-5. Classes don't really have abilities and Monster classes being omitted from throwing/lifting just makes them feel completely worthless comparitively.

The soundtrack owns though, and the cast is cool once the human characters join, though they may be carried by Gordan's incredible VA.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

StrixNebulosa posted:

Mine's even worse maybe - I wanted to play through all the Disgaea releases, but wanted to start with the original release, so I ended up with the base versions of all the games. Only finished the first one, played it again on DS, and then went back to 2 and bounced off early. But I don't want to repurchase the updated/rereleased versions on other consoles because I already own the games! (plus some of those rereleases are PSP ones which I'm trying to avoid buying/acquiring more games for)

At least by the time the same thing happened to the Neptunia games I decided just to leave the PS3 releases unopened, sold/traded my Vita copies to a friend, and will play the Steam releases of the remakes.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Endorph posted:

'kingdom hearts is too anime' i dont think a single character in that entire franchise knows what sex is

Goofy is a dad. Goofy fucks.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Disgaia 1 also feels a bit weird story-wise in hindsight. Like they obviously hadn't figured out the whole cosmology for the setting and it shows if you play it after the later entries. Obviously didn't matter at the time but it would make it harder to play now.

Mechanically it's also pretty dull once you're past the novelty of BIG NUMBER, which you would be if you've played 2-5. Classes don't really have abilities and Monster classes being omitted from throwing/lifting just makes them feel completely worthless comparitively.

The soundtrack owns though, and the cast is cool once the human characters join, though they may be carried by Gordan's incredible VA.

Tbh Disgaea 1 is something I’m kinda interested in going back to because it’s so unrefined as the first one and they were just winging it. Big numbers are never the appeal of Disgaea/NIS, more the gradual escalation of power by dicking around with the mechanics, and D1 has the least effort put into limiting the player with stuff like grabbing good drops/steals ASAP in Item World or innocents.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

you can play blue reflection 2 without beating the first one. it's ok. 99% of 2 is not that deeply tied in

You can but if you don't mind the gameplay you shouldn't as 1 has has almost unmatched vibes plus the second best kaiju battles in a JRPG.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

You can but if you don't mind the gameplay you shouldn't as 1 has has almost unmatched vibes plus the second best kaiju battles in a JRPG.
i like how the side characters who arent magical girls still get involved in the boss battles, its a fun detail

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I honestly missed that whole system from the second one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah I honestly missed that whole system from the second one

tbf i get why they didnt include it since it does tie into uta and yuki's arcs that they cant help in the fights, but,

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Endorph posted:

i like how the side characters who arent magical girls still get involved in the boss battles, its a fun detail

*kicks tin can at gigantic space demon*

*hits the wrong target*

*does more damage anyways*

10/10 contribution

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The worst part about the Rean/Elise thing is that some of Rean's funniest moments happen when his Sister Complex Overprotective Big Bro mode kicks into gear. Him iron gripping Ash's shoulder, "The only suitable punishment is D E A T H." etc.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Arivia posted:

tinker bell

Arivia posted:

jack sparrow

Arivia posted:

now you may ask why i haven't mentioned any of the original to kingdom hearts characters. and the answer is simple. i've never actually played the games. they're way too fuckin anime.

Arivia posted:

because of that 1950s sex comedy-style scene where she gets spanked when she's in a door lock.

e: i ran a search for the awkward as hell gross phrase "tinker bell spanking peter pan" and it turns out that's actually two different scenes. one with the spanking where someone's holding her by her wings and one where she's stuck in the door lock and her rear end is sticking out. my apologies for accidentally combining two moments of horny animation in my memories of a film i haven't seen in decades.

i didn't ask any of this and also wish you would never post like this again

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

tbf i get why they didnt include it since it does tie into uta and yuki's arcs that they cant help in the fights, but,

Having them help would of been great and they could also do a Precure Miracle Light joke too

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Sakurazuka posted:

Endorph posted:

Okay now I'm significantly more interested in BR1. I once watched someone stream a bit of it and it just seemed really low-energy in a way that I couldn't find engaging, even in combat, but apparently that turns around.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh no its still low energy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah to be clear BR is a very very chill low-energy game. That isn't necessarily a flaw but you need to be looking for something fairly sedate.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Looper posted:

i didn't ask any of this and also wish you would never post like this again

Counter argument; she just should never post again

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Yeah, in BR1 the giant boss battles are basically the main time where the game breaks from it's slow, moody atmosphere. They're few and far between by comparison to the rest, but they hit harder for it.

Rest of the game very slow and chill though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Helps the the kaiju designs range from 'end of Tetsuo the Iron Man' to 'be not afraid'.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Blue Reflection 1: the concept of going to people who are having panic attacks or emotional breaks or similar extreme emotions and then helping them and listening to their problems appeals to me a lot, too. It's just so heartwarming.

e: I wish magical girls would show up and beat up my anxiety demons when I have panic spirals

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 9, 2023

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask: it looks like all the Blue Reflection DLC is costumes, EXCEPT for this one:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/688273/BLUE_REFLECTION__Special_Event/

should I spend that 50 cents? Are the events it adds worthwhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask: it looks like all the Blue Reflection DLC is costumes, EXCEPT for this one:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/688273/BLUE_REFLECTION__Special_Event/

should I spend that 50 cents? Are the events it adds worthwhile?

whatre you gonna do with that 50 cents otherwise??? spend it at a lovely american gacha machine? (I would)