Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The_Rob posted:

I don’t even know what people are getting out of the Roman Angle at this point. Not to mention the people who are over right now aren’t getting used either. LA Knight is super over right now and wasn’t even on the show because Roman’s dinner theater act had to be 40 minutes long.

Yeah that was some bullshit. Also having to endure an Austin Theory match instead of getting LA Knight, which I think is worse. I'd rather deal with more Roman stuff than ever have to see Austin Theory on screen again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

wwe is like going to McDonald's, ordering nuggets and getting a cheeseburger thrown in your face instead

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Whoolighams posted:

I used to think Winter Soldier was one of the good ones too until I rewatched it and realized how boring the direction was and turned it off halfway through

much like the last wwe show I watched :twisted:

It’s one of the most Grey movies I’ve ever seen.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah that was some bullshit. Also having to endure an Austin Theory match instead of getting LA Knight, which I think is worse. I'd rather deal with more Roman stuff than ever have to see Austin Theory on screen again.

I’m not even like crazy about La Knight but come on. The dude is over. Like it’s fine if you don’t want him to be champ but at least do something with him.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The_Rob posted:

It’s one of the most Grey movies I’ve ever seen.

I don't remember any wolves in it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Every McDonald's plays a looped audio track of people saying "Yum yum yum gobble gobble gobble mmmmm delicious"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Anything can happen in the McDonald's Universe!

E: now I want to see someone on Twitter that's like that Alfred guy, but instead of a WWE stan he's a McDonald's stan: someone that's just shamelessly shilling for them while lambasting McD's competitors for doing pretty much the exact same thing (but better)

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 9, 2023

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm fine with accepting that people enjoy the Roman stuff and that it's the current key to their ratings doing better. I just think that having it go 40 minutes and killing the rest of the show is a bad sign in the long run. Chances are this is going to be WWE's nWo, but at least one of nWo's problems was that they were trying to get too many guys over by becoming members. Here, only a scant few are supposed to really get a rub from it. They are going to run this angle into the ground and history shows that they will not know when to stop and move on.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If Roman is this popular after 11 years, my good imagine how over he will be in 5 more

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

I'm fine with accepting that people enjoy the Roman stuff and that it's the current key to their ratings doing better. I just think that having it go 40 minutes and killing the rest of the show is a bad sign in the long run. Chances are this is going to be WWE's nWo, but at least one of nWo's problems was that they were trying to get too many guys over by becoming members. Here, only a scant few are supposed to really get a rub from it. They are going to run this angle into the ground and history shows that they will not know when to stop and move on.

Yeah 40 minutes was way too long. I'm also not really sure where it can go when Roman beats Jey. Roman then beats Jimmy? I dunno, it seems like they're set on extending this to Mania again and once more having Cody be the guy to face him in the main event, but how does that fit? It seems like they want to set up Solo to be their next guy, but how long will that take? And what exactly do you do with the Usos? They're super hot right now, but seems like they're now gonna lose in singles matches and not really do anything outside of fight Roman and Solo.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

What if Roman just wins until he decides to gently caress off to Hollywood and do bit parts in his cousins' movies?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Good for him

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cody loves the Snyder Cut. Thank you Codeman for being on the right side of history.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MJeff posted:

Cody loves the Snyder Cut. Thank you Codeman for being on the right side of history.

Never saw either cut. I saw Man of Steel hated it and noped out of DC movies until Aquaman.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

big dub for the Codeman and his fans

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Snyder Cut rules

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Put Roman Reigns in the Snyder Cut

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah 40 minutes was way too long. I'm also not really sure where it can go when Roman beats Jey. Roman then beats Jimmy? I dunno, it seems like they're set on extending this to Mania again and once more having Cody be the guy to face him in the main event, but how does that fit? It seems like they want to set up Solo to be their next guy, but how long will that take? And what exactly do you do with the Usos? They're super hot right now, but seems like they're now gonna lose in singles matches and not really do anything outside of fight Roman and Solo.

I saw a post on twitter that said booking wrestlers is harder than you think and like. It actually isn’t. In fact it’s really easy. Just make a guy win a bunch and have cool matches and have him say cool things.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Snyder Cut rules

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean a good sign that WWE hasn't really changed and won't change is the current state of Sami. Guy who was the big reason business turned around and how Roman finally got over as a main event act and his reward if the company very much speed running him back to being another guy after the mania win. They probably don't even and will never admit to Sami being the key to the angle

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean a good sign that WWE hasn't really changed and won't change is the current state of Sami. Guy who was the big reason business turned around and how Roman finally got over as a main event act and his reward if the company very much speed running him back to being another guy after the mania win. They probably don't even and will never admit to Sami being the key to the angle

Yeah, and it was briefly mentioned in the spoiler thread (since that portion isn't itself a spoiler I'll bring it up here too) that their biggest remaining show of the year is less than a full month away now and he isn't even booked internally for a match on it yet

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Legit his stuff with bloodline was the most fun I had with a wwe angle in years. It reminded me of foley wanting to be in the corporation, and it just ends with him getting the tag titles which wwe famously doesn’t give any kind of poo poo about, and they’re back to just being mid card comedy guys.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

It honestly stings that they were able to trick me into watching again with how genuinely hot the Sami stuff was and the Cody stuff was and then Night 2 of Wrestlemania happened and it was just. Gone.

At least it's one of the several catalysts to me regularly watching wrestling as a whole again, though, so that's nice. Thanks, 'E. And now it's really super funny so that's also cool.

Sami deserved so much he'll never get :smith:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It honestly stings that they were able to trick me into watching again with how genuinely hot the Sami stuff was and the Cody stuff was and then Night 2 of Wrestlemania happened and it was just. Gone.

At least it's one of the several catalysts to me regularly watching wrestling as a whole again, though, so that's nice. Thanks, 'E. And now it's really super funny so that's also cool.

Sami deserved so much he'll never get :smith:

I just realized. Sami and KO didn't even get to defend the belts on the last PPV while Roman main-evented in a meaningless tag match laffo.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sami could have it all if he went to AEW. But he loves fat paychecks more, so enjoy being shunted right back down the card! He's getting paid and that's all that matters

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Sami could have it all if he went to AEW. But he loves fat paychecks more, so enjoy being shunted right back down the card! He's getting paid and that's all that matters

this is what I tell myself as i cradle my best of el generico dvds

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
hey punch sport pagoda. first time poster long time lurker here. was hearing a lot of social media buzz about this wwe thing and how cool roman reigns is and decided to check it out for myself. he seems like a good actor. i like when he makes his "grr" face. is there anyone i can contact on the awards academy to let them know how the best acting in hollywood is happening every friday night on fox?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sugar Blaster posted:

hey punch sport pagoda. first time poster long time lurker here. was hearing a lot of social media buzz about this wwe thing and how cool roman reigns is and decided to check it out for myself. he seems like a good actor. i like when he makes his "grr" face. is there anyone i can contact on the awards academy to let them know how the best acting in hollywood is happening every friday night on fox?

Telephone: +1 310.247.3000
Fax: +1 310.859.9619

ACADEMY HEADQUARTERS
8949 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, California 90211

ACADEMY MUSEUM OF MOTION PICTURES
6067 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90036

https://www.oscars.org/form/send-message

go.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sami being shunted back down the midcard where he’s just another jobber instead of a jobber to the stars? You don’t say? Nobody saw that coming.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I do think a lot of the current animosity toward WWE (and let’s be clear, I mean from this forum because you don’t see it anywhere else anymore) comes from the diehard AEW fans who’ve hitched their wagons to what they now have to accept is clearly a failing product. Be they fans of CM Junk or the Cruiserweight Cowboy, both sides of the AEW Civil War have to contend with the fact that WWE is the only real Winter Soldier in town. I wonder if it’ll be different once AEW stops in a few years and fans who’ve returned to wrestling sample RAW or SD and think to themselves “this Roman Reigns as champ storyline isn’t actually that bad”. Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter.

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love
That was a scary few minutes where someone said they liked the current product, thank god we had pages of WWE bad to restore order

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno what to tell you, there's a lot of places for unironic discussion of unironic enjoyment of WWE, the "Ringtime for Hitler" thread probably ain't it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You've got to be fair to the WWE

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

My god, we've turned into an AEW-themed TNA Asylum. “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

I can't wait for the photo of a disinterested and mildly embarrassed Ricky Starks holding up the cheap PSP Lifetime Achievement Award plaque while wearing an NWA cap.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I never saw TNA Asylum but of all the things they did that were probably pretty off base, I can't imagine saying that 2010s era WWE was poo poo is one of them.

Also, uh. If we wanna talk about monsters as they relate to posting about WWE. I dunno. I know who I would start with and it wouldn't be this thread.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jul 10, 2023

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I do think a lot of the current animosity toward WWE (and let’s be clear, I mean from this forum because you don’t see it anywhere else anymore) comes from the diehard AEW fans who’ve hitched their wagons to what they now have to accept is clearly a failing product. Be they fans of CM Junk or the Cruiserweight Cowboy, both sides of the AEW Civil War have to contend with the fact that WWE is the only real Winter Soldier in town. I wonder if it’ll be different once AEW stops in a few years and fans who’ve returned to wrestling sample RAW or SD and think to themselves “this Roman Reigns as champ storyline isn’t actually that bad”. Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter.

I know you're working me - but I'm still cheesed off!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

edogawa rando posted:

My god, we've turned into an AEW-themed TNA Asylum. “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

I can't wait for the photo of a disinterested and mildly embarrassed Ricky Starks holding up the cheap PSP Lifetime Achievement Award plaque while wearing an NWA cap.

Don’t know what any of those words mean

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

edogawa rando posted:

i can finally get a new av!

bartok
May 10, 2006

edogawa rando posted:

I think Abyss works for WWE now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So who's going to fake their death for some reason?