Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I've decided not to name him (I redacted my earlier posts but can't redact where I've been quoted) because it might not be him at all.

If you're worried about this in any serious way, ping an admin or a D&D mod and they can redact it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
fwiw, the guy who has now been redacted was dropped from a few expected appearances end of last week.

Not going to name the guy, but operating on the assumption it’s him. Is the name journo mates have heard too

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
hope no one mentioned jeremy vine, hes apparently sending out lawyer tweets to everyone

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

HopperUK posted:

If you're worried about this in any serious way, ping an admin or a D&D mod and they can redact it for you.

Thanks - are you one? I'll find the posts and ping you!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Qwertycoatl posted:

Movie Denethor is much worse than Book Denethor. In the books he's grumpy and suspicious of Gandalf and friends, but all his military decisions are strategically sound until the point where Faramir is lying there unconscious and dying, and he gives up (he doesn't know that Faramir could be cured if a True King showed up with the right kind of herbs)

There's hints it may be nastier than that - he's trying to burn Faramir and himself in a place where old-school Numenorean royalty sacrificed their relatives to Morgoth in their own funeral rites. He's performing an in-universe Satanic ritual. Maybe he intends it as irony because he thinks Faramir's already dead, but drat, dude, that's a hell of a show to put on for Morgoth's bestest buddy and booster.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thanks - are you one? I'll find the posts and ping you!

Alas no! If you're worried you might have defamed someone in Video Games I can do it though:D

Try emailing the admins or dropping a PM to someone listed at the top of the D&D forum. Or I can post in the admin request thread in the mod forum if you like!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Fantastic “wait for the BUT” tension in this clip

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1678112117533315072?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OzyMandrill posted:

Just to re-rail a derial, many years ago (just before the millenium I think?) we got one of the really early digital set top boxes (OnDigital?), before it got killed off, and we had movies on demand (ish). I forget exactly how we paid, but you then got a message saying the movie would start in x minutes. They basically had a number of digital channels for each movie starting every 15 minutes or so, and when you paid your set got the code to let it tune in to the next one to start. It was a bit shonky but it kind of worked.

That was Sky, they used to have 20+ movies channels and rotated 2-3 movies on them starting every 15 minutes.
Used to piss me off as the news channels were after it (501 and onwards) and had to wade through the movie channels if you couldn't be arsed to type the channel number in.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

HopperUK posted:

Alas no! If you're worried you might have defamed someone in Video Games I can do it though:D

Try emailing the admins or dropping a PM to someone listed at the top of the D&D forum. Or I can post in the admin request thread in the mod forum if you like!

OK I'll have a look - I've only found the one quoting me and one other post naming the name.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

happyhippy posted:

That was Sky, they used to have 20+ movies channels and rotated 2-3 movies on them starting every 15 minutes.
Used to piss me off as the news channels were after it (501 and onwards) and had to wade through the movie channels if you couldn't be arsed to type the channel number in.

OnDigital did it too, back in the very early days of digital OTA TV

https://transdiffusion.org/2022/02/18/welcome-to-the-exciting-world-of-ondigital/

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah that’s no different to how Sky Box Office used to work way back in the 90s, there’d be a schedule of PPV content and you’d pay a fee to decode a specific feed for viewing.

It’s not really “on demand”, your equipment would receive the broadcast whether you wanted it or not, you’d only be able to watch it properly if you paid for the decryption.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

I'll always remember how passionate David Lammy was about the rights of parents to beat their children.

Fuckin' windsock twat

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The BBC’s coverage of this is surreal.

What exactly did the BBC do on 19 May after the complaint was made? What was the nature of that complaint? Was it clear at that point that potential criminality was involved?

Did they interview the presenter? Did they consider contacting the police at the time? Did they consider suspending the presenter then?

The BBC has confirmed it has now spoken to the family of the individual involved, but how many attempts were made to contact them after their original complaint?

Did the BBC consider taking the presenter off air at the time, while they were looking into the allegations?

Who could possibly answer these? Is it the BBC, the very organ publishing the questions?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Whenever the BBC reports on itself it feels a lot like the ITYSL sketch

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MRCRUK/status/1678125614845313025

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Its also a bit weird the whole police have now spoken to the bbc? er ok?

Like if i did a bunch of weird sex stuff with maybe underaged people why would the police be talking to my employer and not... like, me?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is why there were no police available to do anything about this

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

james corden adding to his list of crimes

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

blunt posted:

OnDigital did it too, back in the very early days of digital OTA TV

https://transdiffusion.org/2022/02/18/welcome-to-the-exciting-world-of-ondigital/

Yeah, was definitely OnDigital. Half the price of Sky (tenner a month I think it was) and you got Sky One, Sky Movies, UK gold stuff.. for about 6 months then channels started dropping off, they changed to ITVdigital or something and sent us little holographic stickers to cover up the OnDigital brand on the box. Classy.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There's a photo doing the rounds on twitter that claim to be of a certain BBC presenter with his arse out.... I recognise one of the faces

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 9, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I have seen the photo. It’s too bizarre to be real surely

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This has boiled some gammon piss lmao

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/JamieAndrew99/status/1678160881421565953
https://twitter.com/EuropeanBob7/status/1678155383871864836

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Just realised I don't actually know who Huw Edwards is because I was thinking of box-headed newsreader Hugh Scully. Probably for the best, by the sound of it.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Payndz posted:

Just realised I don't actually know who Huw Edwards is because I was thinking of box-headed newsreader Hugh Scully. Probably for the best, by the sound of it.

Think of it like this

https://twitter.com/horsetoiiets/status/1678161522260946944?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Not as flabby as I expected.
8/10

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

this is also his sexy selfie face if anyone wanted to know that. Going to make an attempt to be reasonable and say it's hardly proof, and let ye among us who hath not taken a poo poo "nude" while mostly still in work clothes cast the first stone

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol what a plonker.

Interesting point about how his voice is all over a bunch of poo poo the bbc probably wont fancy using again. Can they sue their employees for rendering a bunch of their media ruined?

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Wait is it actually him? Haven’t seen the pics but are they convincing?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

MeinPanzer posted:

There is a low 5% that it could be someone else, as hes twisting his head around and looking down.
But it does look like him.

ID RECOGNIZE THAT ARSE ANYWHERE!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The arse pic could also be a completely innocent arse pic unconnected to this particular noncery

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

MeinPanzer posted:

Nothing that couldn't be photoshopped but seems bizarre enough to be real. Like he's showing off his arse but it seems oddly nonsexual?

I also don't know if this ties into the BBC Sexmonster stuff? Mostly I'm just confused, saddened, and a little sleepy

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Continuing my unbroken streak of never taking nudey pics of myself, and so far no nudey pics of me have ended up online :iiam:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

completely unsolicited declaration of not having internet nudes is deeply suspicious to my mind

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

Continuing my unbroken streak of never taking nudey pics of myself, and so far no nudey pics of me have ended up online :iiam:

THEN WHOS ONLYFANS HAVE I BEEN SUBBED TO FOR ALL THIS TIME!

Bit weird we can post Shrek cock, but won't post BBC bum

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

completely unsolicited declaration of not having internet nudes is deeply suspicious to my mind

I've already seen all of your ductwork

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

THEN WHOS ONLYFANS HAVE I BEEN SUBBED TO FOR ALL THIS TIME!

I subcontract all that work out to your dad

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

This is why there were no police available to do anything about this

let's hope the first episode is Corden going paintballing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

pretty sure a celeb being revealed as an arse nonce is the kind of time when you can say "wow glad I never took any pictures of my arse to send to people" without fear of call-out

like it's basically the only time you can say that and it be understandable