Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Hell yeah finally a good post itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
glad nobody assaulted you for eating your dog in the lot.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I wish a motherfucker woulda tried considering how well my day is going so far. I'm AMPED on Church

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
drat how have i never thought to put the onions on the pizza before. american ingenuity is back

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

thathonkey posted:

drat how have i never thought to put the onions on the pizza before. american ingenuity is back

we'll make our own loving combo slice

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

charliebravo77 posted:

Late to the A5 ribeye chat but I had seen them for a while and bought one for my birthday a few months ago. I did some price checking and it's like 25% the cost vs going to any decent steakhouse around here in Chicagoland for the same amount of meat.

Slice it into thick strips and cook on cast iron.

I paired it with some Japanese market Blanton's and ponzu for dipping and it was well worth the cost, especially considering it was $99 and just last night I spent $85 (for 2 people) at a conveyor belt sushi place and didn't really eat THAT much. Now I'm kinda craving another A5 ribeye.

This is awesome

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
which one of you fuckers is gonna make A5 wrapped hotdog

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Taima posted:

Kind of random but if anyone likes beef this much and might be into travel- if you happen to make it to Tokyo you owe it to yourself to check out Yoroniku which is a super good Yakiniku place in Shibuya district. It's a palace devoted to delicious, delicious meat.

https://omakase.in/en/r/yr300126

sad costco travel doesn't have japan as one of their packages

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

which one of you fuckers is gonna make A5 wrapped hotdog

reminds me of the lard dog at the varsity

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Costco: I'm AMPED on Church

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Taima posted:

Kind of random but if anyone likes beef this much and might be into travel- if you happen to make it to Tokyo you owe it to yourself to check out Yoroniku which is a super good Yakiniku place in Shibuya district. It's a palace devoted to delicious, delicious meat.

https://omakase.in/en/r/yr300126

going to tokyo over new years, what other good poo poo you got

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

halokiller posted:

sad costco travel doesn't have japan as one of their packages

They got cruises that go there.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Vegetable posted:

This is the opposite of whatever that page 170 post was

Looks about the same to me

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

Looks about the same to me

seek help

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

bird have you considered that you are color blind

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

any recommendations as far as room fans poo poo is balls hot

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

remove the hepa filters taped to your box fans

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Alan Smithee posted:

I have 2 of an older model of this, works well, they were not this expensive when I bought them though

https://www.costco.com/omnibreeze-premium-tower-fan-with-internal-oscillation.product.4000100618.html

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Costco doesn't have my exact model, but my Vornado fan is pretty good for moving air.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I bought their woozoo fan because my local Costco facebook group wouldn’t shut up about it. It’s pretty good. Tiny footprint. Fairly quiet at low settings.

My understanding is you want to avoid tower fans because they’re usually weak as poo poo and hard to clean.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Vornados kick rear end, I have several that are going on 8 years now and still running strong and quiet.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
god help you, man who opened a jar of kimchi in his car in July

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

bizwank posted:

Vornados kick rear end, I have several that are going on 8 years now and still running strong and quiet.

Quixzlizx posted:

Costco doesn't have my exact model, but my Vornado fan is pretty good for moving air.

what if i dont want to be eaten by sonic

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I mean I had the AC running and it was a fresh jar. I did however start to smell it before I even opened it lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

the lasko air machine is the best fan I've ever used. I would literally leave fans on 24/7 and those things would outlast anything comparable. Buy the one that is adjustable and you will never have a problem getting the perfect breeze.

If it's at costco the Vornado Air Mover is a good one but it's extremely loud at max setting, and $60 for something the size of a small desktop computer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Vegetable posted:

I bought their woozoo fan because my local Costco facebook group wouldn’t shut up about it. It’s pretty good. Tiny footprint. Fairly quiet at low settings.

My understanding is you want to avoid tower fans because they’re usually weak as poo poo and hard to clean.

unless you really have no other option, yeah, tower fans aren't great. They really are hard to clean, tons of tiny little plastic ledges everywhere. The smaller footprint can be useful if you just want a small fan on your desk or something pointed at you but for actual air circulation, get something else.

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
I grabbed a couple of the Vornado "vintage" style fans and they were made out of nice heavy components but had something in them that was spinning up and down constantly in a really annoying lack of a pattern. Would not recommend.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I thought the exact same thing lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Monday evening Costco run. Quite chill. Not empty but nice.

Copped a 2-pack of Tabasco brand Sriracha hot sauce. Its extremely close to the Huy Fong stuff that I am running out of. Maybe a bit smokier. Very impressed. Might actually switch fulltime to this stuff.

Horn of Arby's
May 30, 2004
what? no catfood?
$2.99 for 2 lbs of cherries. gently caress yes.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Has anyone tried buying things from another country's website? Want something from Canada, but I'm in the US, and based on some discussion in a discord last night, costco cards are apparently accepted regardless of the cpintry you're in.

(rip to the goon what did not take their costco card with them to japan)

(they still have sesame seed buns for their dogs, combo pizzas, and bulgogi bakes instead of chicken. =E)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 11, 2023

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Snagged the Pure Earth Tencel Blend 4-piece Sheet Set as I need some new cool-sleeping summer sheets, and they def fit the bill. A steal at $34 (on sale right now). Also ordered a new LG washer/dryer combo, should be delivered in a few weeks. Pretty excited to not have to use my building's hosed up shared laundry rooms any more, plus I'll be able to use the big jug of Kirkland Signature Ultra Clean Free & Clear HE Liquid Laundry Detergent now too for additional savings.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

bulgogi bakes instead of chicken. =E)

I will never buy 'bulgogi' anything from costco after spending $30 on the bulgolgi beef kit in their deli that tasted like days old meat they just smothered in sauce and sprinkled some onions on for appearance.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Horn of Arby's posted:

$2.99 for 2 lbs of cherries. gently caress yes.

oooh that's a good one, love me some fresh ripe cherries

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the gyro kit is where it's at, friends

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

thathonkey posted:

the gyro kit is where it's at, friends

This is a regular purchase for us. We end up with like, half a dozen leftover tzatziki containers in our fridge though

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I actually liked the bulgogi beef kit! Very tasty. But I don't see it around much anymore.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

I will never buy 'bulgogi' anything from costco after spending $30 on the bulgolgi beef kit in their deli that tasted like days old meat they just smothered in sauce and sprinkled some onions on for appearance.

Same. It’s just not good.

I bought a sack of just the gyro meat and it’s not the same brand Costco uses in the gyro pack. The meat-only stuff is super,super mild (practically unspiced) and twice as greasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

fischtick posted:

Same. It’s just not good.

I bought a sack of just the gyro meat and it’s not the same brand Costco uses in the gyro pack. The meat-only stuff is super,super mild (practically unspiced) and twice as greasy.

Ok I thought everyone had lost their minds. I bought the meat only gyro and hated it. Didn’t even eat half