Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

good lord. i need to get rid of an old chair and the dump fee is more than the chair was new. no way am i paying this. might as well take it on a trip to nevada, at least I’ll cop some fireworks out of that deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Dick Fontaine posted:

good lord. i need to get rid of an old chair and the dump fee is more than the chair was new. no way am i paying this. might as well take it on a trip to nevada, at least I’ll cop some fireworks out of that deal

You can burn almost anything if you build the fire big enough

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i wanted to throw out the rusted to poo poo 90s huffy that i somehow ended up in possession of after my grandfather passed away over a decade ago, and Waste Management would not pick it up from the curb

apparently they want me to order a disposable haul-away mini dumpster for several hundred bucks and put the bike in that, like wtf?

it would be cheaper to buy some kind of metal cutting saw and just cut the bike apart and throw it in a bin

probably just gonna leave it out in the middle of A1A next time there's a hurricane and pretend it somehow washed up there in the storm

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bad Purchase posted:

probably just gonna leave it out in the middle of A1A next time there's a hurricane and pretend it somehow washed up there in the storm

It's your god given right as a Florida Man

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

AARD VARKMAN posted:

It's your god given right as a Florida Man

:hai:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I purchased "Steakumms" at the grocerary today because it was on sale like 40% off and I couldn't afford not to at that price

also like 3 pounds of cheese lol don't shop hungry kids

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

satanic splash-back posted:

You can burn almost anything if you build the fire big enough

thought it through. remembered that i have power tools. decided to go with the serial killer method as suggested by this completely unsuspicious poster:

Bad Purchase posted:

it would be cheaper to buy some kind of metal cutting saw and just cut the bike apart and throw it in a bin

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bad Purchase posted:

anyone tried klingon rib?

No, but I could really go for some Gagh right about now.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i was gonna post a pic of the klingon chef from DS9 but i looked him up and the actor died 20 years ago, the show is also 30 years old

sucked the wind right out of my sails, about to banish myself to the gen x thread

(though technically i think i'm the millennial vanguard)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

i was gonna post a pic of the klingon chef from DS9 but i looked him up and the actor died 20 years ago, the show is also 30 years old

sucked the wind right out of my sails, about to banish myself to the gen x thread

I was born 1982, I thought I was Gen X but it turns out I'm one amongst the first Millenials.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yeah not sure what year the cutoff is, but my rule of thumb is that if your high school graduation was in the 90s, you're gen x, and 2000s you're a millennial

my apologies to the class of '99, you were so close

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Is it weird that when I undergo a medical test that turns out normal or expected or just generally not bad, my reaction is less like polite nervous relief and more like BOOM BITCH drat RIGHT I GOT THIS?

Because I had an EEG on Thursday and the results came back and they're as normal as they can be for someone who has already been diagnosed with epilepsy! :boom: (This is better than it sounds, I promise.)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

yeah not sure what year the cutoff is, but my rule of thumb is that if your high school graduation was in the 90s, you're gen x, and 2000s you're a millennial

my apologies to the class of '99, you were so close

I graduated in 99 but the other kids my age graduated 2000.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Bad Purchase posted:

I shall outlive most goons barring unforeseen circumstances... But really, I'm about young as millennials come and even I get this feeling quite often.
Even years ago I had kids working with me that told me they only read about 9/11 in school. Oof.

Really though at least DS9 was a good show. We just finished running through TNG a few months back and we're doing DS9 next.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Grey Cat posted:

Really though at least DS9 was a good show. We just finished running through TNG a few months back and we're doing DS9 next.

I also finished TNG a few months ago and I'm alternating seasons of DS9 and Voyager. DS9 is good. Voyager

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I also finished TNG a few months ago and I'm alternating seasons of DS9 and Voyager. DS9 is good. Voyager

I've got voyager queued up, never seen it. Is it worth breaking it up like that or do you just do it because you've seen them enough times?
Don't want to mess with my first time watching through.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Grey Cat posted:

I've got voyager queued up, never seen it. Is it worth breaking it up like that or do you just do it because you've seen them enough times?
Don't want to mess with my first time watching through.

It's my first time through too on all of them, so I can't compare. I'm following a watch order from some Medium article lol

Voyager has had some really low lows and rarer highs so far compared to DS9 and TNG but I'm having fun watching it anyway.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
In my experience it's more enjoyable if you space it out a bit. You can get burnt out on a show if you force yourself to binge all of it without any sort of breaks.

I'm thinking on rewatching enterprise personally. It's been a good while since I even thought about it and it had some enjoyable arcs.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it took me like a year to get through TNG, I doubt I'll be finished with these two until next year. Hopefully then it'll have been long enough for a Psych rewatch :sweatdrop:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

read every conspiracy theory about voyager and janeway, and then watch voyager for the first time and try to make sense of it all in real time

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

im a willenial and im bout to freak this, full out the king of the hill, big will, keepin it real, knees to the grill. the whole set on lockdown to flock down to where im at to hear this rap. i be that cat to set trends, where y'all at? on the corner with your friends. i heard you screamin bout cream in your rap kid, yo my last cheque for wild wild west came on a flat bed.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

AARD VARKMAN posted:

It's my first time through too on all of them, so I can't compare. I'm following a watch order from some Medium article lol

Voyager has had some really low lows and rarer highs so far compared to DS9 and TNG but I'm having fun watching it anyway.

I figured after TNG and going through DS9 nothing was going to really compare lol. Everything I've seen indicates a dip in ratings after DS9. But I definitely am watching it for the fun rather than taking it too seriously. Even TNG had some pretty poo poo episodes. But the good ones are good and the great ones are really memorable. BF and I quote poo poo all the time, especially the western holodeck episode, "vamoose ya' little varmint"! usually in relation to our cat.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

voyager starts with an interesting premise and at least a few decent cast members, and quickly gets bogged down in a struggle against the worst main antagonist race in any trek, the kazon, for like two whole seasons

the show gets a little better after that, though still has a lot of stinkers and poo poo that just doesn't make sense even by star trek standards

and yet, it's still probably better than anything that has come out after enterprise (which is also not great, but has some charm to it because the entire ship is crewed by dipshits who have no clue what they're doing but this time it's intentional)

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I maintain that lower decks is high quality trek.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Cousin Todd posted:

i've been meaning to try again, but the first episode was very bad, and hard to watch because the motormouth main character was shout talking through the entire goddamn episode

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Bad Purchase posted:

voyager starts with an interesting premise and at least a few decent cast members, and quickly gets bogged down in a struggle against the worst main antagonist race in any trek, the kazon, for like two whole seasons

the show gets a little better after that, though still has a lot of stinkers and poo poo that just doesn't make sense even by star trek standards

and yet, it's still probably better than anything that has come out after enterprise (which is also not great, but has some charm to it because the entire ship is crewed by dipshits who have no clue what they're doing but this time it's intentional)

Yah but don't you remember the big booba borg lady??? :haw:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I purchased "Steakumms" at the grocerary today because it was on sale like 40% off and I couldn't afford not to at that price

also like 3 pounds of cheese lol don't shop hungry kids

Steakumms pwns I still have a shirt their social media guy sent me from when they got a blue check on Twitter it is a collectors item now because they no longer have it, imma sell it in ebay to pay for my kids college tuition I think

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Cousin Todd posted:

Bad Purchase posted:

i've been meaning to try again, but the first episode was very bad, and hard to watch because the motormouth main character was shout talking through the entire goddamn episode

I thought the same thing, the first couple episodes I didn't really like because it was wayyyyy too random and loud like rick and morty stuff. But the show actually gets good once it gets into a story and paces itself.

E: Also some old cast shows up like riker and stuff which is fun in it's own way.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I just finished DS9 last week. Still holds up, a great ride.

Kai Winn one of the best minor characters ever.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

I just finished DS9 last week. Still holds up, a great ride.

Kai Winn one of the best minor characters ever.

Username post combo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Username post combo

Bless you, my Child.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Grey Cat posted:

I thought the same thing, the first couple episodes I didn't really like because it was wayyyyy too random and loud like rick and morty stuff. But the show actually gets good once it gets into a story and paces itself.

E: Also some old cast shows up like riker and stuff which is fun in it's own way.

I did actually bail after the first episode myself but one of my mates insisted that it was good and I respect their opinion so I gave it another chance.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you can't really call Kai Winn a minor character, she's a pillar of the show even if she's only occasionally on screen

her presence is there even if you can't see her

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

you can't really call Kai Winn a minor character, she's a pillar of the show even if she's only occasionally on screen

her presence is there even if you can't see her

I think she's in a total of 13 episodes.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/4bs5IJm.mp4

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

seth reacting to the gbs feedback thread developments when he finally sits down at the computer

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

seth reacting to the gbs feedback thread developments when he finally sits down at the computer

turned into a straightup gaylord opryland resort & convention center over there. must be a gas leak or something

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Impossible for goons to just ignore obvious shitposters/drama psychos. Not like the admins are ever going to do anything one way or the other and Jeffrey is too busy writing his synthy fanfiction or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DS9 starts for Dick Sucker 9 (it is the 9th Dick Sucker)