Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Absolutely woeful poo poo

https://twitter.com/Seanchuckle/status/1678313438479515648?t=aCWE1cK6gJepwDEQkXBUzw&s=19

Reminder that if you're still voting Labour (or God forbid, a paying member) you're supporting literal fascists

head empty, no thoughts, only bodies that make these decisions

the worst bimbofication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah I was gonna say that's some powerful racism against Italy. Just acting like they're a loving typhoid lagoon.
Typhoid was endemic in the boot-heel bit of Italy (Puglia/Apulia) until the early 2010s.

It took a lot of changes, specifically not venting raw sewage constantly into rivers and lakes and then catching and eating fish and seafood from those rivers and lakes, to tackle the issue.

Or it could be that they're just inherently filthy and there's nothing to learn there...

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
There had actually been a cholera outbreak in Italy in 1973, so it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable that tourists would be concerned about the risk of travelling there in the following year.

https://www.nytimes.com/1973/09/05/archives/cholera-in-italy-kills-18th-victim-the-disease-strikes-for-the.html

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The BBC is just so bad at handling this stuff, it's especially odd when you consider that they're a media organisation themselves and should understand the importance of a clear and open communications strategy. Now they look like bumbling incompetents (again) AND like they're actively hiding stuff (again).

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pistol_Pete posted:

The BBC is just so bad at handling this stuff, it's especially odd when you consider that they're a media organisation themselves and should understand the importance of a clear and open communications strategy. Now they look like bumbling incompetents (again) AND like they're actively hiding stuff (again).

I think they handle stuff like this badly intentionally, so they get to do their favourite thing, talking about the BBC on the BBC

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Reveilled posted:

There had actually been a cholera outbreak in Italy in 1973, so it doesn't seem entirely unreasonable that tourists would be concerned about the risk of travelling there in the following year.
There were quite a few places where you had to have your cholera/typhoid vaccine pass before you were allowed to travel there and back in the 70s (and 80s and early 90s at least). And then everyone decided it was the NWO/WEF/ZOG doing it and ~we never had to do this before~ when the same logical step happened with Covid.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/paullewismoney/status/1678266075132178437

Turpentine and a lit match.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We need to go back to the 50s ideas of fortifying milk and bread with vitamin C, D, niacin, hunting down fascists and summarily executing them, magnesium and zinc.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Immolating tories betrays a disregard for the carbon impact.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bad to minorly inconvenience their wedding though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

We need to go back to the 50s ideas of fortifying milk and bread with vitamin C, D, niacin, hunting down fascists and summarily executing them, magnesium and zinc.

Good news, they still do fortify bread. Shame about the other stuff

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

Immolating tories betrays a disregard for the carbon impact.

Better to cram as many as possible down an abandoned mineshaft as carbon capture. Kinda poetic too

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol someone used the Huw Edwards hashtag to repost that hilarious picture of Keith Chegwin (or a close doppelganger) naked crowsurfing in a pub during the footie, with some other bloke screaming into his arsehole.

No need for me to post the link, if you've seen it already you can picture it perfectly, and if you haven't you probably don't want to

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Fantastic diagram from Mason here

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1678330816479240192?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

paul can lick my coherent red brown folklore

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

did paul mason have a stroke or something? he’s gone completely batshit or hid it extremely well for most of his career

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Wonder if Paul Mason has contributed to any other diagrams about the relations between left groups recently?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jel Shaker posted:

did paul mason have a stroke or something? he’s gone completely batshit or hid it extremely well for most of his career

Looking at his behaviour over the last few years it boggles my mind that he was considered as suitable to be a senior correspondent at the BBCs flagship news programme

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is a coherent red-brown folklore better or worse than this pile of racist pseudo-profound babble Paul?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Does anyone have experience with freezing interest on loans, specifically Natwest loans?

Is it as easy as ringing up and discussing it with someone or is it more complex?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Guavanaut posted:

There were quite a few places where you had to have your cholera/typhoid vaccine pass before you were allowed to travel there and back in the 70s (and 80s and early 90s at least). And then everyone decided it was the NWO/WEF/ZOG doing it and ~we never had to do this before~ when the same logical step happened with Covid.

I needed to show proof of a few vaccinations for China and Nepal in 2005, so it was still running then at the very least.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Have I been educated stupid?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

Brit posters have a weird idea that they could get sued or in legal trouble for posting names on something awful, technically it could happen but it doesn't seem likely
it's a sign of how cowed we are as a people

People absolutely do get that for doing the same on Twitter. We also had someone get a visit from the plod because they made some kind of post here about interfering with the Olympic torch relay in 2012, iirc, and in the US someone got the Secret Service round when they said something about the president. It might not be likely but it can happen.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

In other news, lol

https://twitter.com/UniteAlliance1/status/1678340003892453377

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No free lunches is already a keith policy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Unite shat it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

No free lunches is already a keith policy.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's especially strange since they have so much experience dealing with nonces

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

forkboy84 posted:

Unite shat it

Unite more like poo-shite

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

forkboy84 posted:

Unite shat it

It's such a spineless move.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Surely labour should now expel unite for being anti Semitic?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Don't think you can put one over on me, I know the wallet inspector only turns up once a week.

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!

Communist Thoughts posted:

Brit posters have a weird idea that they could get sued or in legal trouble for posting names on something awful, technically it could happen but it doesn't seem likely
it's a sign of how cowed we are as a people

I assumed it was more of a "Ha, I know something you don't know" kinda thing. Goons love few things more than establishing an in and an out group.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

British libel laws are problematic, that's for sure, but I think I enjoy the weird little song and dance you have to do. It's like a high stakes magic trick, where if you gently caress up you're bankrupted and do a couple of years in prison.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Skulker posted:

I assumed it was more of a "Ha, I know something you don't know" kinda thing. Goons love few things more than establishing an in and an out group.

Just putting it on the record that I have seen the picture of huw edwards arse

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Didn't some rpg sexpest recently sue some poster here, that required them to post an apology?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I always fondly remember him fist-banging the desk and shouting "I hate Sebastian Coe!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

British libel laws are problematic, that's for sure, but I think I enjoy the weird little song and dance you have to do. It's like a high stakes magic trick, where if you gently caress up you're bankrupted and do a couple of years in prison.

One weird trick to ruin your life! British citizens hate it!!