Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So do something about it?

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1678439546147446791

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

what's he gonna do, he only has RAISE RATE and LOWER RATE buttons

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gunshow Poophole posted:

what's he gonna do, he only has RAISE RATE and LOWER RATE buttons

slam that raise rate button and make volcker look like a cuck

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mustached Demon posted:

Get a minivan

You can do everything you can with a pickup but better and cheaper

Unless you need to haul around a boat or something then gently caress you nice cash fire you got there

Who can afford a minivan? The cheapest minivans are $40k now, and Toyotas still have markup over sticker.

You can get an F150 cheaper. Both slightly by sticker price and significantly by actual transaction.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
You can get a Ford Maverick for fairly cheap and still have a mostly usable bed 99% of the time.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Raise taxes to soak up the extra money, maybe on rich people?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I’ve hauled a lot in my mazda3 hatchback. it’s great.

one time fit 2 Adirondack chairs with the car seats down.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
ordering the herman cain special

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
My old Saturn Ion had suicide doors and a cavernous inside once the rear and passenger seats were laid down. I could cram a full sized furniture into it with a little persuasion.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

office space was a documentary

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

Raise taxes to soak up the extra money, maybe on rich people?

We can't do that, then all the valuable, skilled, talented (talent:has lots of money) billionaires will flee to other countries (where they don't speak the language, have no friends or family, and aren't familiar with the culture)

We need them here, they create lots of jobs and benefits. One such benefit is they provide vacations to elected officials and supreme court justices, and the jobs are at the vacation resorts and lobbyist firms.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

when did inflation start getting bad? first quarter 2021?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

really getting some mixed messages here

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Listen the only thing we can do is raise interest rates!

*nervously eyes Very Stable banking sector*

And we are VERY resolute in keeping them high until the job is done! Definitely!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

"Single-person household" is ambiguous, but roommates wouldn't usually be considered part of your household for most things. The trend is the same for people literally living with no one else in the same house, though, so it's kind of irrelevant which one that graph is actually showing.

Iirc the census definition of household includes everyone living in one dwelling unit, related or not.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Twerk from Home posted:

Who can afford a minivan? The cheapest minivans are $40k now, and Toyotas still have markup over sticker.

I bought a Chrysler (lol) last year with about 70,000 miles and it cost me 20k, still the cheapest option by far. One dealer was asking almost 30k for a Honda Odyssey closing in on 200,000 miles.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
gfycat the .gif website is shutting down september 1st

Apr 7, 2003

RealityWarCriminal posted:

gfycat the .gif website is shutting down september 1st

Good

Web 1.0 please

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's this. Medium/long term it's cheaper for me to live alone than to find someone to be my partner and potentially get them pregnant and then have to pay for 18 years of someone who's gonna die in the water wars

Is there a law in your city against cis men sharing households?

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1678418858732920832?s=20

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Willa Rogers posted:

Is there a law in your city against cis men sharing households?
Living with randos or even friends is worse than living alone. You only want to live with someone you’re banging.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

NeonPunk posted:

Wait so you can have like 5 separate individual "household" in a single address?

That's stupid

yeah weird name but think of it as each household being a separate tax return

four roommates are four separate single people living in a place so there are 4 separate single “households” there

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

When I thought I was going to be unhoused in my early 60s I came across silvernest.com, which seems like a terrific setup for serial killers, and also some website that had places for which you could trade your labor for room & board, like picking macadamia nuts in hawaii.

Fortunately I found work & affordable housing instead, although I sometimes wonder what I missed by not going to hawaii. :allears:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

It's also the oceans hot tub

https://twitter.com/US_Stormwatch/status/1678121372420132866?s=20

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao, I'm paying less for an entire 1-bedroom apt. than the going rate on silvernest for a room & bath.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
I just rent a truck from a stoner at home depot

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

“A lot of people are still coming to Florida because the economy is really strong, and many like the fact that we don’t have an income tax like in New York, for example,”

They're so close to the solution

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

We’re so close to hypercane spawning conditions I can almost taste it.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rochallor posted:

I bought a Chrysler (lol) last year with about 70,000 miles and it cost me 20k, still the cheapest option by far. One dealer was asking almost 30k for a Honda Odyssey closing in on 200,000 miles.

Used Chryslers are cheap because new Chryslers used to be cheap. They've fixed that.

The cheapest new chrysler minivan has gone from under $30k to $39k in 2 years. In 2021:

https://www.caranddriver.com/chrysler/voyager-2021
https://www.caranddriver.com/chrysler/pacifica

I'm sure that the basest Chrysler minivan will be $50k by 2025.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Really cool idea to base 95% of our transportation infrastructure around a thing you have to buy that there are zero price controls or manufacturing edicts on

Oh man oh man we hosed up BAD bro we ain't got any o them microchips to put in the brodozers!!

No problem just jack up the price man Supply and Demand lol

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ProperGanderPusher posted:

We’re so close to hypercane spawning conditions I can almost taste it.

Water temps at 50C?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Really cool idea to base 95% of our transportation infrastructure around a thing you have to buy that there are zero price controls or manufacturing edicts on

Oh man oh man we hosed up BAD bro we ain't got any o them microchips to put in the brodozers!!

No problem just jack up the price man Supply and Demand lol

That you have to buy, and also maintain with zero training and possibly zero space to attempt repairs in, so you have to go to a mechanic where there's no oversight and hope to hell he doesn't rip you off.

My Accord's been very very good to me. Outside of consumables, the only repair I've had to do is the starter and alternator, both were about 300-500 bucks each. My partner hasn't been so lucky with her Nissan and that shitbox ate up thousands before we called it totalled. We haven't been able to get her another one because lol prices and interest rates and she's dead in the water.

It's really cool we force people to buy complex machinery and expect them to foot the bill for all the gubbins and poo poo that breaks instead of building society around sharing large vehicles that go to a depot at night with trained technicians, lots of spare parts (in theory), and spare vehicles.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh man Herman Cain page

RIP pizza man

Are they still tweeting with his account?

Is Herman Cain on Threads?

Apr 7, 2003

Woke Mind Virus posted:

“A lot of people are still coming to Florida because the economy is really strong, and many like the fact that we don’t have an income tax like in New York, for example,”

They're so close to the solution

Having a happy flashback to the California expats who posted on the realestate subreddit in a panic because they bought land in Texas, built a house on it, and didn’t plan for taxes on the improvement.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Wow, why am I pro-global warming all of a sudden?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Rochallor posted:

Wow, why am I pro-global warming all of a sudden?

Sadly, the animals and plants will suffer before the Floridians. And then the poor Floridians will suffer before the true villains.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the problem is when florida is uninhabitable the rest of america will have to deal with floridians

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kassad posted:

Are they still tweeting with his account?

Is Herman Cain on Threads?

Looks like they shut the whole thing down in 2021

Disappointing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's this. Medium/long term it's cheaper for me to live alone than to find someone to be my partner and potentially get them pregnant and then have to pay for 18 years of someone who's gonna die in the water wars

Have you heard of birth control?