Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Rest in peace to my bedroom pedestal fan. Made it over 5 years on every night and many days :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

time for a ceiling fan?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bad Purchase posted:

time for a ceiling fan?

I got one of those too but it's too well balanced and doesn't make enough noise :mad:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

tape a weight to one blade?

e: no wait, put a whistle tip on it so it goes 'woo' when it spins

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 10, 2023

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

pacerwpg posted:

He accidentally signed Sid's petition

This is the type of poo poo they need to put in drug prevention videos over in Europe apparently

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

bagmonkey posted:

hmm, seems normal and reasonable

do you have any fun stories to tell

I was involved in my first car crash. The driver was high on meth too and hadn't slept in three days. He plowed into the gable wall of some house out in the country. We all got out to assess the damage, then he got back in the car and drove off without us. Me and my other pal legged after him, and we could hear the angry homeowner shouting behind us.

He did eventually come back for us.

I went to visit my parents for Sunday dinner and almost fell asleep at the table several times.

Yeah, I'm never going to touch that poo poo again.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

is meth a big thing where you are? i could probably get hold of almost any other drug more easily than finding meth.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

is meth a big thing where you are? i could probably get hold of almost any other drug more easily than finding meth.

Before the Tories came to power it wasn't. I was at a group talk over a decade ago for recovering alcohol and drug addicts. I had read about meth before. I asked the two councellors chairing the talk if meth was a big thing here. They said no, we don't really have the same levels of poverty as they do in the US - people were doing coaine instead.

Yeah, well, that has changed - big time.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Valko posted:

Before the Tories came to power it wasn't. I was at a group talk over a decade ago for recovering alcohol and drug addicts. I had read about meth before. I asked the two councellors chairing the talk if meth was a big thing here. They said no, we don't really have the same levels of poverty as they do in the US - people were doing coaine instead.

Yeah, well, that has changed - big time.

yeah im from scotland so you don't need to tell me about poverty and how shite the tories are lol. i'm sure there is meth around i've just never come into contact with anyone who's ever used it or that. heroin is the hard drug of choice for people round my way.

that's crazy talk from those counsellors though, cocaine is not the drug of choice for those in poverty.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I once watched a documentary on how meth was made. The policeman cooking it didn't show all the steps - of course - but he said if you can bake chocolate chip cookies, you can make meth.

Most of the heroin in N. Ireland actually comes here via Scotland. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a bit of back and forth exhange of knowledge. You will see it eventually, unfortunately.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm sick so I took today off. It is an OK monday

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm sick so I took today off. It is an OK monday

hell yeah, congrats and hope you feel better

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

i'm also sick today but i'm sick every day hell yeah baby

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
It won't stop, I won't come down
I keep stock with a tick-tock rhythm, a bump for the drop
And then I bumped up, I took the hit that I was given
Then I bumped again, then I bumped again
I said
Snorting meth is wasting it
You gotta vape it off tin foil next time, Valko.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

i hear meth is a sure-fire cure for the mondays :thunk:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I got one of those too but it's too well balanced and doesn't make enough noise :mad:

You need the white noise of a fan to sleep too eh? If we were Korean we'd both be dead.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just lol if Enrique doesn’t fan you with a palm frond whilst you slumber

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

A home without fans is just a fancy cave

itry
Aug 23, 2019

A home with fans is just a fancy fan-assisted oven.

:(

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
just live in a super old house and you'll get a plethora of fun noises to listen to all night

plus, doesn't Bonesaw cover up your entire head while you sleep? How can you hear the fan?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
are the mods casual posting in jest to build their clout reserves back up????????

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i freaking love to casual post in jest

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

loving monday

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Mods must casual post at regular intervals in order to appear human and win our trust.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i put a ton of effort into maintaining my appearance as a low effort shitposter

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Saalkin posted:

You need the white noise of a fan to sleep too eh? If we were Korean we'd both be dead.

I've been sleeping with a fan since I was born. I was molded by it.

Gonna move to Korea and become Fan Bane.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Mods must casual post at regular intervals in order to appear human and win our trust.

DO NOT BE FOOLED!!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

are the mods casual posting in jest to build their clout reserves back up????????

I feel like you're a dude in your 50s and throwing around young people words lol

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

lord have mercy gotta chase that clout

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what little clout i earn, i send back to my family

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
someone needs to invent a faster way to cook down onions

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Peggy Edson posted:

I feel like you're a dude in your 50s and throwing around young people words lol

are you trying to accrue more clout Peggy???????????

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Peggy Edson posted:

I thought the average was 45?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
#memes

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer