Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

EU diplomats told him that getting in is again a thing, if he manages to get Turkey to fulfill all the requirements. He had a meeting earlier today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

Vatniks React To: Erdogan being himself

There was another screenshot but it had a slur so no need to repost it

Ukraine War: tourist season ends...Tomatoes remain....

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Remember 18 months ago when people were questioning the purpose of NATO, and if it needed to still exist? lmao

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Aren’t most of our F-16 airframes close to the end of their operational lifespan? Can we still even build new ones?

Edit: oh, I guess the U.S. reopened the production line to meet a surge in international demand. Before the 2022 invasion even. All the way back in May ‘21. Huh.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 10, 2023

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

Aren’t most of our F-16 airframes close to the end of their operational lifespan? Can we still even build new ones?

If they can work for Ukraine they can work for Turkey.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Skippy McPants posted:

Edit: oh, I guess the U.S. reopened the production line to meet a surge in international demand. Before the 2022 invasion even. All the way back in May ‘21. Huh.

Turkey would definitely rather be in the F-35 program so lol at the apparent "get" here amounting to being allowed to send the US $20B for older airframes.

For all I know there's some other nonpublic agreement that is relevant to Turkey's interests but :shrug:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Olaf Scholz already said that "Turkey being readmitted to the EU membership process isn't related to Sweden getting the Turkish nod" but I still maintain that it is too happy coincidence.

Of course that doesn't mean that Turkey isn't also getting something else out of this sudden act of being non-rear end in a top hat.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

tiaz posted:

Turkey would definitely rather be in the F-35 program so lol at the apparent "get" here amounting to being allowed to send the US $20B for older airframes.

For all I know there's some other nonpublic agreement that is relevant to Turkey's interests but :shrug:

They'd have F-35s by now already if they hadn't decided to buy Russian SAMs

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

tiaz posted:

My uneducated rear end guesses it's something like "<America> You know, we've gotten off track here. We don't object per se to selling you F-35's, but we'd like to rebuild our relationship first. We'd like to sell you the latest modernized block of F-16's." "<Turkey, looking at the smoking crater Russia is increasingly falling into> You're right, lets start looking at getting back on-track, how about we overlook some of Sweden's ... well.. Anyways how about we let them into NATO, and maybe you put in a good word for us over with the EU, and we'll look at F-35's soon."

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Does the Cyprus border thing gently caress with EU membership? I don't know EU acceptance rules other than the obvious ones like don't be an authoritarian twat

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1678304702209851393
Kadyrovites, help us, save us from the scary Ukrainians

Collectables!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLkwlfBuHQw

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Tai posted:

Does the Cyprus border thing gently caress with EU membership? I don't know EU acceptance rules other than the obvious ones like don't be an authoritarian twat

Well, that yes and acknowledging the Armenian genocide and committing to at some point in the future making Kurdistan its own country. The stupid part with this is that all thing blocking EU membership from Turkey has always been the things they are doing or caused themselves.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I think it would be loving hilarious if kadyrov b soldiers got encircled in bachman actually got annihilated. Not because of the violence of being annihilated but because of the fact that they've basically been in traffic jams the entire War. I think they're the canary in the coal mine if the Russian military is about to actually collapse because the only time they're going to be fighting is when they're literally the sixth army

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You'd think Turkey by now would have told Russia that invading another country because you feel like the people there are yours, despite just being diaspora, is a bad idea

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I think it would be loving hilarious if kadyrov b soldiers got encircled in bachman actually got annihilated. Not because of the violence of being annihilated but because of the fact that they've basically been in traffic jams the entire War. I think they're the canary in the coal mine if the Russian military is about to actually collapse because the only time they're going to be fighting is when they're literally the sixth army

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1678487540595060742
Seems like they didn't fight so good

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Wow the kadyrov breakthrough was shorter lived than my post took to right

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

lmao meal team six finally came up against a buffet it couldnt handle

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HonorableTB posted:

I feel like they ran up to the tallest hill in bakhmut tried to take some selfies and were immediately suppressed by Small arms fire

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I see Russia finally committed its true strategic and most powerful reserves after all this time.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ciprus is superspecial.

A lot of russians live there.
Creating a company there is supercheap.

Many russian companies are there, so if you work with a company in Moscu, you may actually pay to somebody in ciprus.

If you used to, since that stoped with the war.

Tei fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 10, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I feel like kadyrovs soldiers probably got into a firefight and thought their three magazines a piece was enough.

They kept pulling open magazine drums and finding like Clif bars or some poo poo and had to retreat

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

We were enjoying Instagram photos with our buddies then the Small arms fire Nation attacked

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

We were enjoying Instagram photos with our buddies then the Small arms fire Nation attacked

:lmao:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The tiktok warriors finally found a building that shot back.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I don't know where, I don't know when, but I'm going to use this someday thank you

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1678440683353382916

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"reformatting of Ukraine"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Who would of thought trying to reinforce a pile of rubble against elevated mass artillery was a bad idea?

Lmao Russia wants to destroy their an entire army at Bakhmut for some stupid loving reason

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Has the clock finally run out on the TikTok squad?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

weg posted:

Has the clock finally run out on the TikTok squad?

Well, not for the ones that bravely ran away.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Der Kyhe posted:

Well, not for the ones that bravely ran away.

Now they're in overtime.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

https://youtu.be/RPz0bmRlGoo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1678304702209851393
Kadyrovites, help us, save us from the scary Ukrainians

purely by the timing of the tweets alone, this means that by the time NOELreports heard the Akhmat Kadyrovites were being deployed to Bakhmut, they were already routing

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tiktokers verses probably the most battle hardened soldiers in the world right now. Gee I wonder why that didnt end well for the Tiktok brigade?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

:lol:

:lmao:

couldnt have happened to a more deserving group :hmbol:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

HonorableTB posted:

I want to slip a Sgt. Chowdown reference in there but I can't make it work.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Shocked they actually saw combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016
https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1678503819217453057
Didn't take long for them to expend their butthurt in the only way they know how, trying to murder civilians and destroy infrastructure.