Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not that expert rankings really mean anything, but fantasypros has Lamar at a 28 value and Higgins at 52 in their dynasty trade value chart thing. So almost double the value.

A young WR is worth much more than a QB in dynasty format, especially PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Keeptradecut has them almost at the same value.

Calcs are dumb.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Keeptradecut has them almost at the same value.

Calcs are dumb.

True but Keeptradecut is probably my least favourite. Crowdsourcing makes for some wonky valuations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Trying to negotiate a trade with someone using keeptradecut for valuations is a maddening experience

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattFFDynasty/status/1661710165480034306

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Trying to negotiate a trade with someone using keeptradecut for valuations is a maddening experience

Shouldn't be too hard, just trade all your picks away for players. KTC valuations for picks are absurd.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

how dare you. this is Chase Edmonds' year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I got offered Kendrick Bourne for my 5.06 today and I was like "alright fine who cares"

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Spoeank posted:

I got offered Kendrick Bourne for my 5.06 today and I was like "alright fine who cares"

Hell yeah.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Who has more potential as a bottom tier keeper that will likely be dropped before the season starts (we can keep more people now than what is allowed for real):
These would all be at their projected ADP from some fantasy site, but with keepers it tends to give them a little value:

Akers - was ok end of season, I don't know what other RB the Rams have
Michael Carter - Hall handcuff, not sure if Hall will start the season
Eagles D - should be late, actually a potential starter if for some reason another keeper falls through

Leaning Carter just in the chance Hall misses more time than anticipated. Akers probably has more value but will be a higher draft pick.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Pain of Mind posted:

Who has more potential as a bottom tier keeper that will likely be dropped before the season starts (we can keep more people now than what is allowed for real):
These would all be at their projected ADP from some fantasy site, but with keepers it tends to give them a little value:

Akers - was ok end of season, I don't know what other RB the Rams have
Michael Carter - Hall handcuff, not sure if Hall will start the season
Eagles D - should be late, actually a potential starter if for some reason another keeper falls through

Leaning Carter just in the chance Hall misses more time than anticipated. Akers probably has more value but will be a higher draft pick.

I lean Akers, even though I have little trust in him. He finished the season strong and has no real competition. McVay likes to run the football.

I like Carter, but I don't think the opportunity is there even if Hall misses part of the season. Izzy Abanikanda was drafted and is probably going to split carries until Hall comes back and when he does come back, there will be a lot of mouths to feed.

Eagles D I have zero interest in just because defensive values historically change significantly year to year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anyone have any thoughts on James Robinson in PPR dynasty? I have him in a Best Ball league and need to cut down some players so I have room for the players I draft. I'm a little thin at RB so I'm inclined to try to keep him, but he's competing with Pierre Strong Jr., Kevin Harris, and Ty Montgomery for playing time behind Rhamondre so he could end up doing nothing all year.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

I lean Akers, even though I have little trust in him. He finished the season strong and has no real competition. McVay likes to run the football.

I like Carter, but I don't think the opportunity is there even if Hall misses part of the season. Izzy Abanikanda was drafted and is probably going to split carries until Hall comes back and when he does come back, there will be a lot of mouths to feed.

Eagles D I have zero interest in just because defensive values historically change significantly year to year.

Agree with all of this. Although it depends on the pick you have to give up for Akers and who else would be available around there in your league format. Like in a normal 12 team league I would want to keep any of those options at their 2022 ADP. But if Akers can be had for a later round pick then I think he's a good flier

Dicking around on Fantasypros looks like Akers is currently a 5th or 6th round ADP? Not accounting for keepers or anything obviously. That's tough, in that range if he's a total bust it still hurts.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on James Robinson in PPR dynasty? I have him in a Best Ball league and need to cut down some players so I have room for the players I draft. I'm a little thin at RB so I'm inclined to try to keep him, but he's competing with Pierre Strong Jr., Kevin Harris, and Ty Montgomery for playing time behind Rhamondre so he could end up doing nothing all year.

tbh I think the most likely outcome is he gets cut unless he tears up training camp, he's redundant to what they have

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Sataere posted:

Docjowles posted:

Agree with all of this. Although it depends on the pick you have to give up for Akers and who else would be available around there in your league format. Like in a normal 12 team league I would want to keep any of those options at their 2022 ADP. But if Akers can be had for a later round pick then I think he's a good flier

Dicking around on Fantasypros looks like Akers is currently a 5th or 6th round ADP? Not accounting for keepers or anything obviously. That's tough, in that range if he's a total bust it still hurts.

tbh I think the most likely outcome is he gets cut unless he tears up training camp, he's redundant to what they have

Their round will be based on this years ADP (in August). Carter's ADP is currently undrafted vs a 6th rounder for Akers going by FantasyPros early ADP list. I like Akers better in a bubble, but I am not sure how much value he will have at that round. Unless you had him on your roster you probably missed him looking decent weeks 13-18 last year, so I can picture him dropping quite a bit during the draft. My likely keeper is going to be Breece Hall, so another part of the reason I am leaning Carter is that I will only keep either Akers or Carter if I do not keep Hall, and if I am not keeping Hall it means something is wrong and Carter has more room to start. I am not super concerned about a 5th round rookie eating into his time too much as a potential 16th rounder.

Thanks for the responses, I think it acted as a thinking prompt to give myself a little bit more conviction for the player I drop in August instead of June.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 31, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Pain of Mind posted:

Their round will be based on this years ADP (in August). Carter's ADP is currently undrafted vs a 6th rounder for Akers going by FantasyPros early ADP list. I like Akers better in a bubble, but I am not sure how much value he will have at that round. Unless you had him on your roster you probably missed him looking decent weeks 13-18 last year, so I can picture him dropping quite a bit during the draft. My likely keeper is going to be Breece Hall, so another part of the reason I am leaning Carter is that I will only keep either Akers or Carter if I do not keep Hall, and if I am not keeping Hall it means something is wrong and Carter has more room to start. I am not super concerned about a 5th round rookie eating into his time too much as a potential 16th rounder.

Thanks for the responses, I think it acted as a thinking prompt to give myself a little bit more conviction for the player I drop in August instead of June.

You gotta mention that the compensation for keeping them is tied to current ADP in the original post! That has a huge impact in my decision making. I just keep the guy who costs me the least.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Sataere posted:

You gotta mention that the compensation for keeping them is tied to current ADP in the original post! That has a huge impact in my decision making. I just keep the guy who costs me the least.

They did, to be fair. Although my eyes also glazed over the wording at first glance.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

DeepDickPizza posted:

They did, to be fair. Although my eyes also glazed over the wording at first glance.

They absolutely did and it turns out I'm illiterate!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Docjowles posted:

James Robinson did indeed just get cut lol

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

the career arc of James Robinson is one of the more unique I've ever seen.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

JK Dobbins holding out and demanding a new contract even though guys like Saquon Barkley can't get one and JK can't stay healthy

Moving Gus Edwards up my dynasty bench

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ezekiel Elliott, Baltimore Ravens

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Ezekiel Elliott, Baltimore Ravens

This would at least be one of the less cursed landing spots. Not like they are going to give him a big share of Lamar’s carries. Whereas if he goes to, say, Dallas he will massively grief Pollard because of Jerry’s huge boner for him.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Docjowles posted:

He got cut on Patriots physical day too. Did they not like what thet saw or was it coincidence?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

We are getting close, friends.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Is there a good tool for recommending my keepers? Would have to accept their draft position I assume.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yeah it's called this thread 😈

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is my final year I can keep Justin Jefferson. Seems like every year so far they have predicted his numbers would go down instead of up. To the moon, JJ

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I keep swinging and missing in my keeper league. Best I can do this year is Rhamondre for a 7th (probably gonna be this) or Hurts for a 4th (single QB league, doesn't seem worth). I'm insanely jealous of the guy who can keep Chase for a mid round pick for several more years. "Free early first round pick every year" is a goddam cheat code

Seems unlikely to be a dude like that this year unless literally everyone is wrong about one of the rookies. Which certainly happens! Bijan doesn't count as he's already a locked in first rounder

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gibbs is my bet. Then again everyone in my league agrees with me so he'll never fall far enough.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah exactly. Gibbs is a solid bet this year but you don't get promising rookies for free anymore. He's gonna be like second or third round ADP I think. Not the absurd value you got from rookie Chase or JJ where you're keeping a top 5 pick for 5 years at minimal cost

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am still kicking myself for taking Najee Harris over Chase in dynasty.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

I am still kicking myself for taking Najee Harris over Chase in dynasty.

I tried so hard to trade up from the 2 spot so I could draft Najee. Love when things work out

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Docjowles posted:

Rhamondre for a 7th (probably gonna be this) or Hurts for a 4th (single QB league, doesn't seem worth).
This year in redraft 1QB, depending on draft position, I am going to try taking Kelce in the first and Hurts in the 2nd, then just draft RBs and WRs for the next fifteen picks. The positional advantage of those two has me saying fuckit this year, I dont care about ADP.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This year in redraft 1QB, depending on draft position, I am going to try taking Kelce in the first and Hurts in the 2nd, then just draft RBs and WRs for the next fifteen picks. The positional advantage of those two has me saying fuckit this year, I dont care about ADP.

Yeah drafted Kelce 2.2 and Hurts in the late 3rd last year and some league mates laughed at me. I finished the #1 seed. Ended up finishing at #4 and out of the money cause Hurts broke

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Docjowles posted:

I keep swinging and missing in my keeper league. Best I can do this year is Rhamondre for a 7th (probably gonna be this) or Hurts for a 4th (single QB league, doesn't seem worth). I'm insanely jealous of the guy who can keep Chase for a mid round pick for several more years. "Free early first round pick every year" is a goddam cheat code

Seems unlikely to be a dude like that this year unless literally everyone is wrong about one of the rookies. Which certainly happens! Bijan doesn't count as he's already a locked in first rounder

Those both sound pretty good to me, though Hurts might lose value in an 8 or 10 team league or something.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Those both sound pretty good to me, though Hurts might lose value in an 8 or 10 team league or something.

12 team league for what it's worth, every team gets 1 keeper. Looking at last year's draft I can't imagine any other QB will be kept, most of the big guys either went very early or the team has another stellar keeper option like mid round Garrett Wilson.

I wasn't thinking about Hurts at all really, going to have to reconsider that. Got a long time til I have to submit my keepers so it'll be interesting to see what home league ADPs look like next month vs best ball sickos drafting in June

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I think Hurts will be fine this year but he isn’t playing the NFC North or AFC South so numbers may go down a bit.

NFC East had a very soft schedule last year

E: hmm they’re playing the NFC west and AFC East this year.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 9, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Anyone use a timer app for their live drafts? We just voted this year to keep picks at 3 minutes maximum, and I'm probably going to use Countdown (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/countdown-big-timer-clock/id582556043) because it allows me to connect my USBButton or my 3 button keyboard to my iPad and do stop/starts/resets without having to touch the screen. Any other iOS or Android suggestions?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Seems awfully high tech, we just use a sand hourglass from some kids game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Seems awfully high tech, we just use a sand hourglass from some kids game.

My big home league still drafts in person and we use an app to track picks. But lmao I love this, we are always looking for stupid punishments to incorporate into draft day. “Forced to turn a huge novelty hourglass between every pick for a round” is right up our alley.