Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Pass a law making it a felony and then you get brought in to flip burgers for 5 cents an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Pass a law making it a felony and then you get brought in to flip burgers for 5 cents an hour

Why on earth would you then pay anyone anything for any work :confused: You're the one who should pay, because you're taking up employer space, using employer tools and facilities, breathing employer air, and sweating water owned by Nestle.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

That doesn't make a lick of sense. If you're quitting McDonald's, it's probably because the pay is poo poo with no benefits, the hours are terrible, and the customers are terrible. Management cannot and will not change any of these things. So either you're giving your two weeks notice and they're trying to make you jump through the hoops of talking to management about it or you get fed up one day and quit on the spot and they tell you that you... can't? What are they going to do if you leave? Fire you?

The goal isn't to be effective. The goal is to let the cult-of-productivity boomers in middle management justify their continued existence and wages to other cult-of-productivity boomers in the C-suite, and to virtue-signal to customers who are driven primarily by spite towards service industry workers that yes, we really do crack the whip over these poor suckers, look how much human suffering you can indirectly inflict upon our staff by buying our product.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

at-will laws working as intended

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why on earth would you then pay anyone anything for any work :confused: You're the one who should pay, because you're taking up employer space, using employer tools and facilities, breathing employer air, and sweating water owned by Nestle.

The workers' Nestlé water can be reclaimed using an invention called a "still-suit", if you'll permit me to demonstrate...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wanna take the forbidden coin?

https://www.iflscience.com/scientists-opened-up-a-jar-in-a-cemetery-and-found-a-mummified-green-hand-clutching-a-copper-coin-67001

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the real curse isnt stealing from the mummy its the writing on the i loving love science website

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

CuwiKhons posted:

What are they going to do if you leave? Fire you?

Yes. Getting fired is worse on your resume than quitting. If they refuse to say you quit then you can't use them as a reference, so you either have a gap in your employment history or a reference that says they fired you, and I'm sure they won't explain that you were fired for not wanting to work there anymore.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

more falafel please posted:

Yes. Getting fired is worse on your resume than quitting. If they refuse to say you quit then you can't use them as a reference, so you either have a gap in your employment history or a reference that says they fired you, and I'm sure they won't explain that you were fired for not wanting to work there anymore.

lol nobody gives a gently caress if you got fired from mcdicks

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

My Spirit Otter posted:

I do.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Unperson_47 posted:

This could be a yokai.

It is, you're looking for a shirime.
Shirime

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

My Spirit Otter posted:

then why does it matter that they get to fire you

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

https://i.imgur.com/i8A2HHt.mp4

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I hate humanity.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Christ, what river is that?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

OMFG FURRY posted:

then why does it matter that they get to fire you

it doesnt, theyre trying to scare 15 year olds into not quitting because firing affects their PERMANENT RECORD

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Manager Hoyden posted:

Christ, what river is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeDY3I841q0

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Something like 90% of the plastic in the pacific comes from just a few rivers where people do this regularly.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

My Spirit Otter posted:

it doesnt, theyre trying to scare 15 year olds into not quitting because firing affects their PERMANENT RECORD

The best job advice my mom ever gave me as a teenager was “The grocery store isn’t going to talk to McDonald’s.”

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

My Spirit Otter posted:

yeah this is absolutely meant to manipulate people who don't know any better, who are desperate, etc

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Code Jockey posted:

yeah this is absolutely meant to manipulate people who don't know any better, who are desperate, etc

permanent record, lol.
May we contact this employer? [ ]yes [x]no

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I am a manager and I occasionally get resumes from old people that includes every job theyve ever had and the resume is like 5 pages long

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

A resume is like your dick: if it's too short noone will want you!!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Killingyouguy! posted:

A resume is like your dick: if it's too short noone will want you!!

It's not the length of your resume that counts, it's how you present it.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
i will need references from the last 3 people you slept with so I can get a good feel for your dick

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

permanent record, lol.

That's exactly as enforceable as the no-quit sign.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
My dick is accredited and certified

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

maybealabia posted:

My dick is accredited and certified

by what governing body?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
My genitals are UL and TüV certified :smugdog:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
drat did the Ul have to test it to destruction?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
:stonkhat:

RIP kidney

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

permanent record, lol.

ya, but the people theyre trying to, and probably succeeding at, intimidating are usually meek pushovers or people with little to no life experience

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

My Spirit Otter posted:

ya, but the people theyre trying to, and probably succeeding at, intimidating are usually meek pushovers or people with little to no life experience

To be fair I get that, I was a meek pushover at my first couple jobs. My first job was at 14 or 15 (Idaho sad lol). You better believe I didn't know poo poo at that age and that was definitely abused.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

there's a real winner at life

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Baronjutter posted:

Something like 90% of the plastic in the pacific comes from just a few rivers where people do this regularly.

Oh good to hear my reusable straw is saving the earth :thumbsup:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It was pure clickbait, he couldn't get the real thing.

Jab9000
Aug 29, 2021

DamnCanadian posted:

When I was a kid I asked my dad what hot dogs were made of and he said lips and assholes

Funnily enough, that's exactly what my father in law used to say. He absolutely will not eat sausages, hot dogs or otherwise. My ex-wife would only eat a particular brand, and me... gently caress it. Sustenance is sustenance.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
how prolapsed does an rear end in a top hat have to be to get a hotdogs worth of meat out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I don't think the McDonalds sign is meant to say they won't allow you to quit but that they're going to do what they can to see if there's anything they can do to keep you there. It is a pretty aggressive way to express that though.