Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Futanari Damacy posted:

I appreciate that it cuts off right when it seems to get really nasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

That's absolutely the worst pizza I've seen in this thread

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Data Graham posted:

I harbor a secret theory that "New Haven pizza" is all just an op by Yale kids trying to be hip and bragging about their quaint authentic neighborhood, o-ho-ho :wotwot:

Soul Dentist posted:

Watched with sound off but automatically assume that's happening in Connecticut. What a trash state

Futanari Damacy posted:

Appears to be Michigan based on the truck plates, but you're still right

I would expect the world's largest New Haven pizza to be some oblong "artisan" shaped monstrosity

Also what the gently caress is apizza. That is some pretentious fake horseshit

Post the worst pizza opinion ever in this thread:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's not just pizza. Connecticut is the loving worst. A whole state that's a NIMBY bedroom community for bridge-and-tunnel Yankees fans and mouth breathing Disney cruise enthusiasts. It's just Ohio with insurance conglomerates instead of manufacturing. Connecticut is the home of 80s summer camp movie villains. Fix your potholes, your racism and your poo poo-fired soot pizza before you come after any state except (maybe) Alabama or Mississippi.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

deep dish peat moss posted:

That's absolutely the worst pizza I've seen in this thread

I got that from a Chinese app I'm sure is a gold mine of insane food, but I can only scroll it for so long. The pizza hashtag is half pictures of Chinese women posing holding up the tower of Pisa, using filters to make their eyes look bigger and it creeps me the hell out

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
That being said, take a look at this

Pizza Hut is making a big move!?? Durian stinky tofu pizza………………

Pizza Hut's children gather!! Pizza Hut has released a new product!!

[Smelly durian stinky tofu pizza on the top] A combination of fragrant and stinky? When I heard it, I was full of question marks, and I felt quite curious when I took a bite. Pizza Hut can make pizza, pure durian pulp, durian is well controlled

Love! The stinky tofu is quite authentic (it’s so fragrant, there’s garlic sauce in it, a mouthful

I can’t stop after one bite!! #杜莲豆豆腐cp太上头 #导赛客杜莲开爆 #密肉客

(Hidden way of eating can be yogurt mint sauce, the taste is richer and more adventurous. Babies, you can also squat the bursting durian pizza of Pizza Hut Durian Season

It is said that it is the leaking milk in the pizza world, and it is also delicious, so I am really looking forward to it!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:stonk:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I don't want to seem culturally insensitive but there has got to be a better way to repeatedly describe or officially name a foodstuff you're trying to promote than "stinky"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Data Graham posted:

I don't want to seem culturally insensitive but there has got to be a better way to repeatedly describe or officially name a foodstuff you're trying to promote than "stinky"

What do you mean, "A combination of fragrant and stinky" always gets my mouth watering

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
General Bullshit > Post the worst pizza ever in this thread: It is said that it is the leaking milk in the pizza world

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I got that from a Chinese app I'm sure is a gold mine of insane food, but I can only scroll it for so long. The pizza hashtag is half pictures of Chinese women posing holding up the tower of Pisa, using filters to make their eyes look bigger and it creeps me the hell out

That actually sounds awesome

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

"The traditional method of producing stinky tofu is to prepare a brine made from fermented milk, vegetables, and meat; the brine can also include dried shrimp, amaranth greens, mustard greens, bamboo shoots, and Chinese herbs.[1] The brine fermentation can take as long as several months."

FWIW it tastes better than it smells.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Futanari Damacy posted:

Also what the gently caress is apizza. That is some pretentious fake horseshit

In New Haven, CN there was a large population of Italian immigrants. Many of them worked in the factories and a few of them were guys with pushable pizza carts slinging tomato pies at lunch time when the Italian workers had a break and wanted food from back in Italy. The pizza makers would push their carts around the streets yelling "PIZZ-aaaa... PIZZ-aaaa" which due to the sound of the wording linking together and the epiglotal stop of the Italian "zz" phoneme, evolved in to just going "Ah-BEETZ Ah-BEETZ Ah-BEETZ...", and then finally once restraurants came into play, it was just "apizza" which is still pronounced "ah-beetz" despite its spelling.

So basically, you think bonafide Italian American pizza culture is fake pretentious bullshit. Nice one.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

In New Haven, CN there was a large population of Italian immigrants. Many of them worked in the factories and a few of them were guys with pushable pizza carts slinging tomato pies at lunch time when the Italian workers had a break and wanted food from back in Italy. The pizza makers would push their carts around the streets yelling "PIZZ-aaaa... PIZZ-aaaa" which due to the sound of the wording linking together and the epiglotal stop of the Italian "zz" phoneme, evolved in to just going "Ah-BEETZ Ah-BEETZ Ah-BEETZ...", and then finally once restraurants came into play, it was just "apizza" which is still pronounced "ah-beetz" despite its spelling.

So basically, you think bonafide Italian American pizza culture is fake pretentious bullshit. Nice one.

Minor point, Connecticut is CT

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Toxic Mental posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6yyvAeoauA

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eJ9Jj_JtPE&t=119s

quote:

So not only is it disgusting, it's not popular.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Soul Dentist posted:

It's not just pizza. Connecticut is the loving worst. A whole state that's a NIMBY bedroom community for bridge-and-tunnel Yankees fans and mouth breathing Disney cruise enthusiasts. It's just Ohio with insurance conglomerates instead of manufacturing. Connecticut is the home of 80s summer camp movie villains. Fix your potholes, your racism and your poo poo-fired soot pizza before you come after any state except (maybe) Alabama or Mississippi.

I can't imagine being this wrong about pizza let alone the great nutmeg state yikes

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Always wanted to try stinky tofu but can't get it anywhere :/

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

lol I love pointing out that Ohio is literally West Connecticut

(i guess disconnecticut technically but)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sorry, I just can't trust a state centered around nutmeg with anything pizza related. You leave them alone for a second, and they'll be cranking out a pumpkin spice pie or something.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Data Graham posted:

disconnecticut

Lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or making a steamed cheeseburger and clam calzone

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sorry, I just can't trust a state centered around nutmeg with anything pizza related. You leave them alone for a second, and they'll be cranking out a pumpkin spice pie or something.

CT produces tobacco, not nutmeg

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

500excf type r posted:

CT produces tobacco, not nutmeg

So they're liars too, even worse

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

To all of you badmouthing my state, I'm going to go get a cheeseburger pizza on Greek style crust, just to spite you

:murder:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol fuckin Connecticut.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

So they're liars too, even worse

It's because the ct militia uniforms were nutmeg brown during the revolutionary war, roughly when CT invented pizza in Groton but Benedict Arnold destroyed the tavern and the recipe was lost for almost two centuries

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Mess turd apizza

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I remember the plot of Mystic Pizza slightly differently

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Do you have a [Your Town] House of Pizza?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard, but it did.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

redshirt posted:

Do you have a [Your Town] House of Pizza?

Hell yeah. Calzones from South Portland HoP, souvlaki grinders from Gorham HoP, wings from OOB HoP (RIP). Pizza from Bill's, Italians from Amato's though

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

auto translate said this was "fish and sauerkraut pizza" but I copied the term and it's Suan Cai Yu (fish with pickled mustard greens) that happens to be one of my favorite foods. So... Would

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

auto translate said this was "fish and sauerkraut pizza" but I copied the term and it's Suan Cai Yu (fish with pickled mustard greens) that happens to be one of my favorite foods. So... Would

No thanks.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

C'mon, that's just spitting in the face of the concept of topping distribution.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Saigon.....

loving Saigon.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard, but it did.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ekuNNN posted:

General Bullshit > Post the worst pizza ever in this thread: It is said that it is the leaking milk in the pizza world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

AARD VARKMAN posted:

That being said, take a look at this

Pizza Hut is making a big move!?? Durian stinky tofu pizza………………

Pizza Hut's children gather!! Pizza Hut has released a new product!!

[Smelly durian stinky tofu pizza on the top] A combination of fragrant and stinky? When I heard it, I was full of question marks, and I felt quite curious when I took a bite. Pizza Hut can make pizza, pure durian pulp, durian is well controlled

Love! The stinky tofu is quite authentic (it’s so fragrant, there’s garlic sauce in it, a mouthful

I can’t stop after one bite!! #杜莲豆豆腐cp太上头 #导赛客杜莲开爆 #密肉客

(Hidden way of eating can be yogurt mint sauce, the taste is richer and more adventurous. Babies, you can also squat the bursting durian pizza of Pizza Hut Durian Season

It is said that it is the leaking milk in the pizza world, and it is also delicious, so I am really looking forward to it!!

HIDDEN WAY OF EATING

... go onnnnnn...