Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Baseball Judge needs to be the new spinoff of The Cofishioner

Baseball Judge vs Bro Court: whoever wins, we lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

MonsieurChoc posted:

Only reason I never checked that podcast is because I saw he got known murderer John Landis on at some point.

I remember that, I am pretty sure they don't bring it up

I looked at my feed and it seems like they haven't made one since September, which makes sense because Olsen is doing a bunch of projects and Dante is almost eighty so why would you spend a second of that time on making a podcast

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It blows my mind that people are still giving Peter Popoff their money

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012

Froghammer posted:

popoff king

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

MonsieurChoc posted:

Only reason I never checked that podcast is because I saw he got known murderer John Landis on at some point.

Murder's the right word, dude knew exactly what he was doing and how hosed it could go, threatened to fire and blackball people who piped up about it and hid the kids whenever external concerns were raised. And then promoted the movie as a lasting testament to the two kids at their memorial service

Interesting man!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

The Peccadillo posted:

Murder's the right word, dude knew exactly what he was doing and how hosed it could go, threatened to fire and blackball people who piped up about it and hid the kids whenever external concerns were raised. And then promoted the movie as a lasting testament to the two kids at their memorial service

Interesting man!

His son is really great too!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Froghammer posted:

Dude Jim Bakker is still rolling in cash mostly selling doomsday survival kits

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I had not heard of Peter Popoff before but good lord it's ballsy to get caught faking his poo poo and then just keep on doing it years later and still making money

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Baseball continues to be the best dollop setting no contest

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah the two parter about the owner was some batshit insane early baseball stuff

I have some familiarity with early baseball but I had never heard that story

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Dude Jim Bakker is still rolling in cash mostly selling doomsday survival kits

Not just that, but survival kits in buckets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Dollop: Franklin Pearce- gently caress Machine

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Franklin Pierce's Inside Job

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I wonder if Pierce ever realized that what he did as President probably helped more to contribute to an inevitable Civil War than prevented one?

I assume he was took drunk later to care.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wonder if Pierce ever realized that what he did as President probably helped more to contribute to an inevitable Civil War than prevented one?

I assume he was took drunk later to care.

They never think it’s their fault. It’s just everybody else being unreasonable.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

ohrwurm posted:

Baseball continues to be the best dollop setting no contest

I don’t remember a bad baseball dollop. The worst ones are still above average. And the best ones are some of the best overall dollops.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if they've considered the Kent State massacre for an episode

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wonder if they've considered the Kent State massacre for an episode

As a general rule Dave tends to stay away from topics that could include the word "massacre" because they're very hard to make funny

There can be exceptions (hello, MOVE), but unless a bunch of those National Guardsmen had really compelling backstories, I wouldn't hold my breath

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I had not gotten around to listening to the two PG&E episodes but I did today and good lord

I knew some of the details but the constant repeated process of paying dividends to shareholders while refusing to fix their mistakes and getting people killed with negligence is amazing

The entire existence of this company is a perfect example of why private utilities should be illegal

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

I had not gotten around to listening to the two PG&E episodes but I did today and good lord

I knew some of the details but the constant repeated process of paying dividends to shareholders while refusing to fix their mistakes and getting people killed with negligence is amazing

The entire existence of this company is a perfect example of why private utilities should be illegal

It's one episode where atonal, enraged shrieking is a pretty solid reaction. Rich assholes got richer over the charred homes and bodies of other people.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

It's one episode where atonal, enraged shrieking is a pretty solid reaction. Rich assholes got richer over the charred homes and bodies of other people.
And nothing changed as the body count has continued to increase

It’s just criminal at this point that the company is allowed to exist as a private entity.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

bird food bathtub posted:

Also LOADS of poisoning rural towns and everyone in it. gently caress, those episodes got me so heated.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
the reverse dollop was actually good.

it's been awhile since i've genuinely enjoyed an ep like that.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the reverse dollop was actually good.

it's been awhile since i've genuinely enjoyed an ep like that.

Dave said he'd never done a wrestling Dollop, I guess he forgot about the Smollop about the lady wrestler who got mauled to death by a baboon.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Binowru posted:

Dave said he'd never done a wrestling Dollop, I guess he forgot about the Smollop about the lady wrestler who got mauled to death by a baboon.

Octopus Wrestling is wrestling.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dave is on QAA's latest podcast covering 'The Sound of Freedom" movie.
I expect this to be Dave yelling a lot

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Lol at how Dave is now their unofficial Jim Caviezel Correspondent.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

I've enjoyed the Dave/Gareth QAA episodes. Can I please get some recommendations for some other good QAA episodes to check out?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

neurotech posted:

I've enjoyed the Dave/Gareth QAA episodes. Can I please get some recommendations for some other good QAA episodes to check out?

im afraid not

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

drat

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
What is this Twitter beef they've referenced in the last couple of episodes?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

thotsky posted:

What is this Twitter beef they've referenced in the last couple of episodes?

Andy Kindler.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

neurotech posted:

I want to recommend The Piss Drinking Vaccine Police episode even if only for it's name

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

neurotech posted:

I liked the early episodes about the 4chan/8chan history. 32, 54, and 63.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Randy Blythe, the lead singer of metal band Lamb of God, wore a Dollop shirt at their latest concert:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CupS_9iJYcw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

RandomPauI posted:

I want to recommend The Piss Drinking Vaccine Police episode even if only for it's name

Rapid 99 posted:

I liked the early episodes about the 4chan/8chan history. 32, 54, and 63.

Fantastic, thanks a lot!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

neurotech posted:

Any of the stuff on the -48 cult is good. There’s one episode about a woman whose sister was in the cult and it’s just heart wrenching. Anything on the Queen of Canada is good too.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

The Peccadillo posted:

I looked at my feed and it seems like they haven't made one since September, which makes sense because Olsen is doing a bunch of projects and Dante is almost eighty so why would you spend a second of that time on making a podcast

They moved to some podcast network so the feed url changed.

https://megaphone.link/ARML4450678888

They're doing segments with people from the picket lines before episodes since the strikes started

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Aw man I hope Dave is joking. :(

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvnlLriJhxL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

That is definitely a joke. Throat cancer fucks up your voice FAR worse than that. Just look what happened to Val Kilmer.