Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Barudak posted:

Thrift shop has somebodies cd copies of Hexen and all Quake 1 and Quake 2 mission packs and was about to buy then the FTC lost their preliminary injunction against Microsoft.

Are you worried that quarter century-old, second hand optical media will contribute to Microsoft’s bottom line today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
All thrift shops are owned by m$ duh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hasturtium posted:

Are you worried that quarter century-old, second hand optical media will contribute to Microsoft’s bottom line today?

Nah, just, Hexen to Gamepass obviates my need and Id have to buy a CD reader otherwise for this stuff

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, it's all been on steam for years

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

im very surprised anyone posting in this thread doesnt have a copy of HEXEN.wad, ive bought hexen like 3 times in my life and have the giant cardboard box in my house, and im pretty sure ive accidentally acquired it a few times as well while getting packaged versions of sourceports

it just seems like something you pick up in life, like chickenpox

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
The Steam version of Deathkings of the Dark Citadel comes with it's own HEXEN.WAD so you probably have two copies installed right now!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I have like 10 legit copies of everything and still just google the wads whenever I need them

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Barudak posted:

Nah, just, Hexen to Gamepass obviates my need and Id have to buy a CD reader otherwise for this stuff
Hexen is already on PC Game Pass, albeit it's just the same DOS version that's on Steam - Id has its old 90s-era publishing rights, but hasn't been allowed to touch a hair of the code.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
When Steam vanishes in the wake of the great collapse, goons will come from miles all around to touch my copy of Hexen and play it via my gasoline generator.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

id rather play hexen 2. who has a physical copy of that.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

An Actual Princess posted:

id rather play hexen 2. who has a physical copy of that.
Sitting right next to my copy of Quake II.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

The Kins posted:

Hexen is already on PC Game Pass, albeit it's just the same DOS version that's on Steam - Id has its old 90s-era publishing rights, but hasn't been allowed to touch a hair of the code.

The DOSBox version of Hexen and Heretic are on the MS Store, but not part of Game Pass due to aforementioned publishing rights.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

juggalo baby coffin posted:

im very surprised anyone posting in this thread doesnt have a copy of HEXEN.wad, ive bought hexen like 3 times in my life and have the giant cardboard box in my house, and im pretty sure ive accidentally acquired it a few times as well while getting packaged versions of sourceports

it just seems like something you pick up in life, like chickenpox

yes mum, jimmy got the 'hexen' at school

doctor says best thing is to keep him isolated until he solves the mystery of the seven portals

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

spongeh posted:

The DOSBox version of Hexen and Heretic are on the MS Store, but not part of Game Pass due to aforementioned publishing rights.
Oh, derp. Shows how good I am at remembering stuff.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Turbo Overkill’s big v1.0 update has been given one last delay on account of bugs that need fixin’, multiplayer that needs fleshin’ out, and a lead dev that has a lot of sleepin’ to catch up on, on account of having recently become a dad. It’ll probably land in the middle of next month.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Well poo poo. Better late than never is the Early Accessers Creed I guess

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

When Steam vanishes in the wake of the great collapse, goons will come from miles all around to touch my copy of Hexen and play it via my gasoline generator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSKSbIGirCM

My HEXEN II MISSION PACK: PORTAL OF PRAEVUS brings all the boys to the yard
And they're like
It's better than yours
drat right
It's better than yours
I can teach you
But I have to charge

Convex fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 12, 2023

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

portal of reince priebus

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hexen rules

GREETINGS MORTAL. ARE YOU READY TO DIE?
https://youtu.be/HwbJuJR66-8

and then I fart around for an hour an go that was fun and play something else

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I dunno how many times I've played the intro map of Hexen, then played the next hub for 10 minutes and quit. Hexen with much more straightforward maps would be great.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Winnowing Hall is the most metal '90s Doom clone level. Then you have to go solving thirds of puzzles in the Seven Portals and the momentum just dies.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only thing better than a switch hunt is a switch hunt where half the switches aren't on the map

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

verbal enema posted:

Hexen rules

GREETINGS MORTAL. ARE YOU READY TO DIE?
https://youtu.be/HwbJuJR66-8

and then I fart around for an hour an go that was fun and play something else

I love the little head shake after the question.

I want to love Hexen, but man Seven Portals is bad.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Convex posted:

yes mum, jimmy got the 'hexen' at school

doctor says best thing is to keep him isolated until he solves the mystery of the seven portals

honestly ive spent more time suffering from Hexen than I have suffering from chicken pox. i dont think i ever solved the mystery of the seven portals as a child, just noclipped to the next episode

and as an adult, having solved the mystery of the seven portals, i was completely right to noclip through that door

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The mystery of the seven portals is why I oughta give a poo poo about it! Eyyyy

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
I have the Hexen 2 mission pack box around here somewhere - I brought it, for uh, reasons

(listen I was 15 years old ok)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
As a 13 year old I was NOT above downloading and installing nude skins for player models in UT'99.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Those hot polygonal boobies

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

I have the Hexen 2 mission pack box around here somewhere - I brought it, for uh, reasons

Hilarious that they drew hooves which are apparently harder to draw than even feet

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hilarious that they drew hooves which are apparently harder to draw than even feet

Is that true? I draw hooves all the time and I can't draw feet to save my life.

I actually wish I could because then my income from art would skyrocket!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I mean, just look at them. Those hooves suck

Does anyone know what civvie video he's talking about some nu 2d mario being better than the original games

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

I've owned that for twenty-five years and always thought it was a dragon... In my defense it's a lot smaller on the jewel case and why would you look that closely?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Why wouldn't you look closer, awooga!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
More curated addons for your console or computer!

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1679510992298844160

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Kins posted:

More curated addons for your console or computer!

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1679510992298844160

:nice:

These ports are amazing, great job Night Dive/id/Bethesda

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/mattwla/status/1679518600409804800?s=20

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Turns out there's been a Timesplitters fangame on Steam for over a year, anyone give it a go?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1533470/TimeShifters/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Rewatching Tim Rogers's DOOM review, apropos of nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38zduHkwGcc