Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Geight posted:

How's the radiant/dire split felt since they did that to Arc?

Dire side is unplayable imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Lmao my behavior score went even further down (6k to 4k, ive been completely well behaved especially compared to the rest of the "community") i cant wait to explore these new depths

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Geight posted:

Arcanas were better when they cost $35 in the store and you could buy them whenever instead of having to spend significantly more to unlock them in the battle pass before they go away forever.

Id forgotten that's how arcanas used to be released.

Hopefully that's what they go back to.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Mr.Acula posted:

Lmao my behavior score went even further down (6k to 4k, ive been completely well behaved especially compared to the rest of the "community") i cant wait to explore these new depths

I think the general solution suggested on Reddit for terrible behavior score is to spam turbo matches, say absolutely nothing, and commend everyone after the game in hopes of getting commended back.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

TOOT BOOT posted:

I think the general solution suggested on Reddit for terrible behavior score is to spam turbo matches, say absolutely nothing, and commend everyone after the game in hopes of getting commended back.

This this is what I do at 10k. Sometimes a "nice try folks, fun game, gl next" when you lose gets you a few extra commend-backs.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i'm a huge prick to everyone all the time and my behaviour score never goes under like 9500, i cannot even imagine what you need to do to get to 4000

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

We’ve been over this: abandoning games.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What’s your Dota name so we can look you up on OpenDota and see why you’re so toxic.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I have almost 300 abandons on my profile, all pre source engine and I've not been below 10,000 in actual years

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Speaking of toxic, veno pos 5 at my mmr is so drat sadistic in lane. 4 out of 5 lanes I have permanently bullied the 3 and 4 out of lane by 10 min. Because often people pick carry 3s I get to see them have the lowest value at the end of the game.

Am I a total bastard for it? Absolutely. But man does it feel good.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What MMR is that because I love Veno but every single time I play him (usually as a 4 instead of 5) I always just get bullied due to his abysmal Attack Range and Move Speed.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

Sab669 posted:

What MMR is that because I love Veno but every single time I play him (usually as a 4 instead of 5) I always just get bullied due to his abysmal Attack Range and Move Speed.

Mid/Upper Guardian, so basically bottom of the barrel. Veno feels like someone that if you gently caress up early then you are dead weight the whole game, but if you win lane you will have damage exceeding all but the carry despite only building support/aura items and having low net worth.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Don’t underestimate the power of venomancer against blink dagger heroes. A clutch venom ward placement will ruin an earthshaker’s day.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Superrodan posted:

Oh my god. After losing five ranks during calibration I got down to Ancient 3 from Divine 3. And I started winning the majority of my games, so I figured I'd hit the recalibrate button to reset my certainty... and now

Is there a record for amount of MMR unintentionally lost in a month? Because I bet ya I'm gonna get it.

Quoting myself from a few pages back to say that of course... calibration ends and look what we have here:

I mean, its lovely to be winning again and such, but WHY were all my games during calibration both times so terrible? It's pretty funny, in a sad way.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Superrodan posted:

Quoting myself from a few pages back to say that of course... calibration ends and look what we have here:

I mean, its lovely to be winning again and such, but WHY were all my games during calibration both times so terrible? It's pretty funny, in a sad way.

What did you end up recalibrating at? I had the exact same mmr dip from divine to ancient after the glicko change and thought I might do the same thing. My buddy glicko calibrated at archon 2 got to archon 4 then used his recalibration and dropped to archon 1.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

What do you like about AA?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Cosplaying as a howitzer

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Teamfight affecting and gamechanging ults are the most fun ability to use. His ult is off cooldown fast and can hit from across the map. There's no more fun feeling in all of dota than killing someone who thought they were safe.

For that reason I have always liked "revenge supports". Sure, you're a big strong core and you ganked me and I died... but now you're frozen in place, not regenerating health, and my team is on the way to kill you right back. You just traded a pos5 for your life, I hope you think it was worth it. Other examples of this type of character are WD (stun, maledict, ult and even as you right click me the damage is done) and to a lesser extent veno (ult, gale, and in the time it takes you to kill me you hopefully you can't TP away before my team gets there)

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
aa and veno are both fun because you get free vision that also breaks blink dagger so you can hold your high ground easier and after holding on, chase down any enemies who are retreating

e: also works for taking their high ground, you can scout uphill for their blink initators/pudge

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea every time I play a support that doesn't have a way to easily gain high ground vision I just ask why I'm not playing one that does...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I found the calibration games awful because a lot of people came back for 7.33 and didnt know how to play anymore. gained like 1000 mmr after calibration from beating up on newbs.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I like support hoodwink because I get kills (more gold) and die less (keep gold). and shes very fun to play because all her spells can be used in any order

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Superrodan posted:

Teamfight affecting and gamechanging ults are the most fun ability to use. His ult is off cooldown fast and can hit from across the map. There's no more fun feeling in all of dota than killing someone who thought they were safe.

For that reason I have always liked "revenge supports". Sure, you're a big strong core and you ganked me and I died... but now you're frozen in place, not regenerating health, and my team is on the way to kill you right back. You just traded a pos5 for your life, I hope you think it was worth it. Other examples of this type of character are WD (stun, maledict, ult and even as you right click me the damage is done) and to a lesser extent veno (ult, gale, and in the time it takes you to kill me you hopefully you can't TP away before my team gets there)

I also enjoy hard countering the regen heroes like necro, alchemist, etc.

My #1 support rn is Silencer, I'm 10-1 only losing bc of an disconnect. I build him 4 or 5 as aura support not for damage, greaves into pavise and solar crest, stick both of those on your hc and cast your spells. Force staff inbetween if I need it for riki cloud or something similar. Aeon disk if you're getting backlined constantly, the ult is still game changing either way.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

Right now it feels so strong going pavise - solar crest on most 4-5s. The pavise is just so much blockage, it is kinda insane.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Climbed 1000 mmr since glicko, finally back in ancient. I'm still getting afk jungling wraith king 4s here though, same as it ever was.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Sab669 posted:

I play a lot of offlane Veno and he is very good at winning lanes. Lvl 1 Gale is cheap to cast, and that + Poison Sting makes it hard for them to win trades or even hold their ground whenever you decide to commit. If your lanemate has a stun or forced movement ability, wait for enemy core to go for last hits, stun/Dispose/nuke/whatever them, Gale and attack-move with them until they're dead or under tower (dive them if you have creeps, obv), or until you eat too much poo poo from their support + creeps, then reset and do it again.

Hopefully this goes without saying, but Plague Wards are not a good skill in lane. Don't skill them till 4 at the earliest, or even later if you're making GBS threads on them with your friendly Marci or whatever and want a second point in Gale. Max Poison Sting first and take ult at 6.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Hate speech and slurs being ubiquitous in online games is nothing new, but I had a very satisfying encounter today in that regard. I was mid against an Earth Spirit named "Obergruppenführer" and after killing him 4 times early, he starts complaining in all chat "Huskar such a f***ot hero." So I started making GBS threads on him in all chat and we proceeded to dumpster the idiot for 20 minutes. Loser ES ended up 2-10, I finished 18-1.

Reported him of course but surely that won't do poo poo. At least for a few moments it was fun to make an edgelord loser seethe.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
I like snapfire, but man do I hate her shard. I cast the cookie on a melee teammate who's hitting a tp-ing enemy and it flings him right over the enemy, outside stun range, and now he has to walk back to even get in melee range. Plus you can't choose not to get it when your team takes a tormentor.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:shrug: If it were a shorter travel distance then people would just complain the other way. "Ah if only it threw them just a little further, would've been in range to hit that stun"

Plank Walker posted:

Plus you can't choose not to get it when your team takes a tormentor.

This does sometimes feel like a bad consequence of the Tormentor in general. I'll often misclick Dismember when I play Pudge :(

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Sab669 posted:

:shrug: If it were a shorter travel distance then people would just complain the other way. "Ah if only it threw them just a little further, would've been in range to hit that stun"

Yeah maybe, but it goes from guaranteed stun on a melee range target to guaranteed miss. Plus it's hard enough to get teammates to face the correct direction anyway and now if they're a few degrees off because they're mid-turn, they get even further out of position. I'd rather the shard increase the stun radius rather than change the hop distance. It's already kinda a finicky spell that can throw your teammate into a bad spot if you're not reading each others' intentions correctly.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

I don't think anything gives me as much joy as playing pugna with a couple delay support items. Usually I piss off the enemy carry enough they really want my rear end, they then get to watch me go eth 3 times between cyclone/invis/eth blade/force. The sadness I can feel when they just have to stand there while I suck fuels me.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I absolutely love the hell out of Pugna as well. Excellent ability to just drag out a gank.

And then Muerta shows up :(

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Between Pavise, ghost/decrep, euls and glimmer, pugna can be so evasive and time buying for your team.

They blow all their poo poo trying to kill you while your ward is pinging them for heaps of damage. Hes super strong right now, and he's my go to if techies is banned.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Valve accidentally put the entire playerbase under a comm-ban in a tiny patch.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just a small woopsie

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Leave it.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

my friend messaged me near tears because she got muted and didn't know why, I may have already seen the reddit post about it and told her that Valve had made the Crystal Maiden chatlines specifically bannable because of some drama at the major and she said they should stop doing the majors so that's fair i guess

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Very cool of you

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.33e

Patch notes, morph nerf thank christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.33e

Patch notes, morph nerf thank christ

NOO! As an AA spammer I like morph and slark being in meta.