Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

You are technically correct, It was the older Takamura brother who designed it, and wanted it to stand for Takamura.

Your older respected brother recognizing your huge ballsack must be quite reassuring for Mamoru, what with Ippo around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
https://hni-scantrad.com/lel/read/hajime-no-ippo/en-us/137/1427/page/1

This is legitimately my favorite training arc in any shonen ever. I can't even put a finger on what I like so much about this chapter but I seriously love it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I nominate Kimura and Mashiba for cat people.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Ippo is a dog person because he only cares about miyata's bone

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

tbp posted:

I can't even put a finger on what I like so much about this chapter but I seriously love it.

:blush:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Boxing nerd Ippo is adorable

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i can't believe it took THIS arc for Ippo to intelligently think about other boxers and how he'd do stuff himself. It feels like he could genuinely start boxing again without Kamogawa and be a world ranker. Or at least without relying as much as before. What a delight this chapter

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Kamogawa gonna die of old age/disease and his dying wish is gonna be for ippo to get back in the ring because that's where he belongs. Ippo, now free from the shackles of kamogawa's outdated coaching and boxing philosophy finally makes progress. Not sure how the miyata kumi love triangle plays out

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Kamogawa gonna die of old age/disease and his dying wish is gonna be for ippo to get back in the ring because that's where he belongs. Ippo, now free from the shackles of kamogawa's outdated coaching and boxing philosophy finally makes progress. Not sure how the miyata kumi love triangle plays out

I'm still banking on Miyata dying from trying to maintain featherweight to be what gets Ippo back in the ring.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

:blush:

What a cute chapter.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Ippo really needs to go with Miyata and help Sendo analysis his sparring, goddamn

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

just spar already

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

I nominate Kimura and Mashiba for cat people.

Kimura has a fish...

Eight-Six posted:

just spar already

I think you mean just par already:

e:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 13, 2023

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
George not even hiding that Ippo is gay for Miyata.

You gonna lose Kumi. :v:

In seriousness tho, Ippo knows his poo poo. Why does he need the coach at this point.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 13, 2023

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Well ippo did lose his father at an early age so he probably latched onto the coach as a father figure so it's hard for him to turn his back on his teachings

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's gonna be a character who takes note of Ippo's great analysis and advice and think, "Kamogawa... he's taking after you, even now..."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"Is this really... how someone who has given up on the ring would think?" as well ofc

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
2 idiots who several decades apart came up with the genius idea of pounding logs into a riverbank with their body

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ippo grown so much since becoming a coach and people still just waiting for him to get back in the ring smh.

He's clearly far more comfortable here.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Miyata proving Ippo’s point by getting worked up just listening to him is a great little moment

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

if they're gonna drag Coach Ippo for this long, at least give him a real student to mold instead of the 2-3 kunckleheads that barely have any lines and bring one to Japanese Champion, it would actually match the trill of early ippo matches since it be going back to that kind of energy.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ippo grown so much since becoming a coach and people still just waiting for him to get back in the ring smh.

He's clearly far more comfortable here.

At least once a chapter a character comments on how Ippo's not acting like someone who's really retired (keeping up with his roadwork, analyzing techniques, staying current with what everyone else in the boxing world is up to etc). Since it looks like we are going to get Sendo V Martinez my guess is Sendo gets retired (from boxing or life) and something something Ippo comes out of retirement to pick up the mantle.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ippo's amazing unused fists are a metaphor for his amazing unused cock.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's been a couple months so I just wanted to remind everyone

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Well ippo did lose his father at an early age so he probably latched onto the coach as a father figure so it's hard for him to turn his back on his teachings

I've been re-reading the entirety of HnI, and shortly after his retirement, Ippo says he lost because he lost sight of the most basic of basic teachings from Kamogawa, which was to try to take the initiative in fights.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Terper posted:

Please bring back the anime so I can see this dude in motion

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Terper posted:

Thank you i did almost forget

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Terper posted:

"Is this really... how someone who has given up on the ring would think?" as well ofc

"Someone who has given up on the ring would only give bad advice..."

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1428

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
One of the disciples finally comes right out and says it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That's not the ocean?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

No Wave posted:

That's not the ocean?
Nope

You see it in anime and manga everywhere of Tokyoites heading to the coast by train and yelling "It's the sea!" when they sea it

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
love a good UMI DA

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like Kumi came to a realization this chapter about Ippo's views towards boxing.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. Taihai just went out and said it to Kintaro (that's right, I remember their names!).

Rosario still looks weird but it's less weird now.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

1400 chapters before we get the main love interest in a bikini, you mad man morikawa

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

The Notorious ZSB posted:

1400 chapters before we get the main love interest in a bikini, you mad man morikawa

miyata seems more like a swim trunks kind of fella imo

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like Kumi came to a realization this chapter about Ippo's views towards boxing.

I assumed she was asking partially to see how deep his analysis was going to be. Watching him geek out about boxing like that (again) is likely to hint that she will eventually accept boxing as his One True Love and bless his unretirement.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Vizuyos posted:

He’s more of a hoodie and sweatpants to the beach guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Vizuyos posted:

CharlestonJew posted:

He’s more of a hoodie and sweatpants to the beach guy

It's a toss up who Ippo really wants to see at the beach true true