Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiskas
May 30, 2005
Curious how much of a pay cut DR is taking, if any?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

formula e is good actually and the driver matters more than in f1 :colbert:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
are they allowed to modify the RB sim to fit the AT car?

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
AT has their own sim? It’s not his first new car, he’ll be fine. I really hope Yuki outperforms him for lols but expecting Dan to pretty quickly expose Yuki who will start making regular mistakes again trying to keep up. More frantic Yuki radio in our future at least.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

they should let Yuki and Dan get pissed at each other on the radio and make it a dedicated f1tv feed

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

AT has their own sim? It’s not his first new car, he’ll be fine. I really hope Yuki outperforms him for lols but expecting Dan to pretty quickly expose Yuki who will start making regular mistakes again trying to keep up. More frantic Yuki radio in our future at least.

Perhaps it is Yuki who will expose Dan...

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I think Yuki and Danny will bond over their love of juvenile humor. It’s going to be all nutsacks, scrotums, farts and poos.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I think Yuki and Danny will bond over their love of juvenile humor. It’s going to be all nutsacks, scrotums, farts and poos.

oils gonna get checked in that garage.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

im in 4 the bromance

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
All of this sounds great.
Bring it on.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Red Warrior posted:

We know he was fitted for a seat in the car earlier in the year, ostensibly in his role as reserve for both Red Bull and AT. As far as is reported he's not done any time in the AT simulator that we've heard of, I guess one question would be is if they are able to setup the Red Bull simulator for the AT if he's been doing any work in that instead of all the time he's apparently been doing on the actual RB sim.

Marko was quoted at saying that they've had Dan, Yuki and De Vries driving in the simulator (assuming this is the AT simulator being talked about) and Dan was beating them both. Whether the AT sim is anywhere close to correlating with their actual car is another matter, from the improvement Merc made between Friday and Saturday at Silverstone we assume their works pretty well.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I take helmut’s comments about as seriously as tony q’s

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dan just needs to do well enough to not get dropped, if he's out of the car next season then that's his career done I think.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Bip Roberts posted:

oils gonna get checked in that garage.

Yuki coming in hot with the kancho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w0qiqvEFpM

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcjQlyRnbBc

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Sunk Dunk posted:

I take helmut’s comments about as seriously as tony q’s

tony asked some hard hitting questions tbh

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

Meanwhile the series where good f1 drivers go after their time is done is called NASCAR

So by that measure we need to get SVG an F1 drive

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
I'd say give Van Gisbergen Checo's seat (he's already with RBR) but would he even fit in the car? He's huge compared to most F1 drivers. Like only a little taller than Ocon but 20kg heavier and broad shouldered. Can't imagine it would be comfortable.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

acidx posted:

He was pretty good in the red bull, although he was a clear number 2 to baby Max.

Despite what Khablam thinks, in terms of RBR results not back-room shenanigens this is up for debate

Dan was superior in the 2016 half-season they were paired, and was superior again in 2017. In 2018 Marko/Jos scheming made Max unofficial #1 which is reflected in Dan getting the test parts car, see 8 retirements vs Max's 3, the majority were car failures and by far the biggest number of retirements in the top 5. You cant even say Max was better when they both finished because the only time he won was when Dan retired, if you add up the points when they both completed races Dan still comes out on top.

Yes i will die on this hill

Dan > Max

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 13, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Forget racing talent, Are Dan > Max because he's an actual human rather than a tadpole in a snapcap.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80GIttbkp5k

Also, I've come to conclusion that I will like Max when he gets out from Redbull, and away from his dad.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
other than being an rear end in a top hat generally, is jos one of the like child athlete / beauty pageant / etc dads? like richard williams or one of those parents

max has that "i never really got to have a normal childhood because my parents had to live vicariously through me" energy

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
could also just be that's how the d*tch are idk

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the milk machine posted:

other than being an rear end in a top hat generally, is jos one of the like child athlete / beauty pageant / etc dads? like richard williams or one of those parents

max has that "i never really got to have a normal childhood because my parents had to live vicariously through me" energy

Yeah it really seems like Jos is a karting dad in the worst ways.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUPUy08TqmY

Jos is poo poo but the moment you pay attention to what Max says you realize that Jos is so, so much worse than what the cameras show.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
On top of the abuse he did to "train" Max, Jos got a conviction and a restraining order from harassing and assaulting Max mother, also was charged with attempted murder of his next girlfriend. He really shouldn't be allowed in the paddock were this a real sport

whiskas
May 30, 2005
There's some similarities to Michael Jackson and his father, who was also abusive to him. Michael still would attribute his success to how his father raised him, despite how traumatic it was. Could Max one day be considered F1's Michael Jackson?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

whiskas posted:

Curious how much of a pay cut DR is taking, if any?

He's now the highest paid sous chef at Red Bull

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

the milk machine posted:

The sense I get is that being Michael’s teammate kind of jokerfied the guy to the point where Max is ‘built’ to the Schumi blueprint almost more than Jos’ own.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ROFLBOT posted:

Despite what Khablam thinks, in terms of RBR results not back-room shenanigens this is up for debate

Dan was superior in the 2016 half-season they were paired, and was superior again in 2017. In 2018 Marko/Jos scheming made Max unofficial #1 which is reflected in Dan getting the test parts car, see 8 retirements vs Max's 3, the majority were car failures and by far the biggest number of retirements in the top 5. You cant even say Max was better when they both finished because the only time he won was when Dan retired, if you add up the points when they both completed races Dan still comes out on top.

Yes i will die on this hill

Dan > Max
Oh look, it's the when Dan does well it's because he's better when Max does well it's because *spins conspiracy wheel* DELIBERATE SABOTAGE AND I WILL HEAR NOTHING AGAINST THIS THEORY DESPITE IT MAKING LITERALLY NO SENSE TO DO IT FITS MY WORLD VIEW AND I WILL BELIEVE IT FOREVER

Real talk after Monaco RBR kicked Jos out of the paddock and Max immediately went from fast but wildly inconsistent to the consistent racer we see now. Dan was getting beaten all over the place in 2018, and often by large embarrassing margins that exposed his race craft.

Max won every head-to-head after monaco and in more than one of these he starts behind Dan.

Dan ran away.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
RBR have been favouring one driver over the other since the Webber/Vettel days, are you new?

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jul 13, 2023

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
With every post I am further convinced Khablam is Jos.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

whiskas posted:

There's some similarities to Michael Jackson and his father, who was also abusive to him. Michael still would attribute his success to how his father raised him, despite how traumatic it was. Could Max one day be considered F1's Michael Jackson?

what an off the wall comparison

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They wanna race the car but they make a mistake,
So beat it, just beat it

Everybody sitting around the table awkwardly chuckling while Max talks about how Jos smacked him on the helmet when he wasn't driving his best is :stare:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

whiskas posted:

Depends on if Max gets surgery to permanently look like Zwarte Piet, imo.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Jobbo_Fett posted:

With every post I am further convinced Khablam is Jos.

He's not Jos, he's just made to post like Jos.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

spaceblancmange posted:

what an off the wall comparison

got to be startin something

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

racism is cool as long as you make it sound ironic according to a bunch of gossipy dorks right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUPUy08TqmY

Jos is poo poo but the moment you pay attention to what Max says you realize that Jos is so, so much worse than what the cameras show.

Holy poo poo. I will always think of Max with more compassion now, even if I'm not a Max fan per se.