Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is “the secret war” based on a well loved comic series(?) of the marvel universe? i did accidentally watch the first few episodes of that moon thing but then it stopped being realistic and turned into mystic marvel poo poo with kevin bacon so i’ve stopped watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

yup used to treat an ear infucktion

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Draining consumers of their last $500 billion for the economy.

DRAIN THE RICH OF THEIR LAST $500 TRILLION!! LET THEM PROP UP THE ECONOMY.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bar Ran Dun posted:

had a problem getting that for my younger son who had an bacterial infection. it was awesome.

weird how all these supply shortages still keep happening

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

insane clown pussy posted:

the way to do this is by setting up a shell company to be the legal entity that incurs the debt. don't do it under your own name

banks will want personal guarantees if you have a small company. sadly

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

I've not heard of treatment resistant strep so much as I've heard about shortages of medications that treat it like Amoxicillin

about a month ago I came down with strep and got penicillin on day 2 of my fever. on day 5 i still have a 102 fever and felt like dogshit so I went to an urgent care worrying that i perhaps had a concurrent viral infection going on.

they did a wide viral battery that came up bupkis so prescribed me augmentin which broke my fever in about 8 hours.

obviously i cant say that it was a resistant strain specifically, but i definitely believe it’s possible now.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Bar Ran Dun posted:

had a problem getting that for my younger son who had an bacterial infection. it was awesome.

I'm a cancer patient getting chemo and it's still a huge pain in the rear end to get some prescriptions filled; luckily my hospital has their own pharmacy for the hard stuff so they usually fill the script on the spot. Before that though, when I was still going to CVS/Walgreens, hoo boy, did they not want to deal with pain med prescriptions.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

antibiotic resistance is such an overblown concern in a capitalist economy. firstly, pharmaceutical companies are forced to compete and eventually monopolise production and then a combination of price hikes and factory closures will mean that only 50 amoxicillin pills will be produced each year, thereby allowing antibiotic sensitive bacteria to again proliferate

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Stereotype posted:

I was getting two calls a day from debt collectors that as far as I'm concerned is a scam, I don't know what it is for and it matches no bills I have and they have never provided any documentation, and it turns out you can just block the number. My credit score is 800

I get those calls all the time. I have no debt. Nothing unusual on my credit report.

I'm extremely curious what they think they have, but not enough to confirm my identity with them to find out.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/ScreenTalk/status/1679406800938860544

edit: or is nearly certain to.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 12:59 on Jul 13, 2023

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

ai will fix this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Great time to watch old TV shows or movies. Try and pick something that would be outside your normal comfort zone and get a view of old American culture or how we perceived life worked during those times.

I recommend sitcoms from the 50s or 80s, soap operas, or procedurals from the 60s or 70s.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Chad Sexington posted:

I get those calls all the time. I have no debt. Nothing unusual on my credit report.

I'm extremely curious what they think they have, but not enough to confirm my identity with them to find out.

is it these guys?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qGDHVTfKkqI&t=4s&pp=ygURQ3VtdG93biB0YXggcm9ib3Q%3D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Based.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

let's fuckin goooo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hell yeah!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Get ready for even more reality TV slop than before while they fill in the gap

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
apartment vacancies go up!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

hell yeah

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Good thing I just started on Supernatural and its 15 full length seasons.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

i think they’ve run out of slop, there’s nothing left but repeats and reboots

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Mr Hootington posted:

Great time to watch old TV shows or movies. Try and pick something that would be outside your normal comfort zone and get a view of old American culture or how we perceived life worked during those times.

I recommend sitcoms from the 50s or 80s, soap operas, or procedurals from the 60s or 70s.

Also good to watch stuff that's considered classic and you haven't seen! Go watch Hitchcock stuff (all of them, but start with Vertigo if you love "It's a Wonderful Life"), go watch the Godfather movies, watch loving Maltese Falcon, etc. They're considered classics for a reason, even if they're not the "best" movies in the world (since that's an opinion), and they're worth seeing!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

tons of free classic KRO movies on BBC iplayer is you have access to it

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Jel Shaker posted:

i think they’ve run out of slop, there’s nothing left but repeats and reboots

Lol, lmao, ect

We have enough Trump and Bush toadies to keep The Masked Singer running for years, or at least long enough for Congress to make striking a crime punishable by a lifetime of indentured servitude to your former employer.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1679474150509871104

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Monkey Fracas posted:

that and every production moving to georgia/shreveport/nashville/eastern europe and using non-union actors

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this dudes gonna have to explain one bad quarter as "working," a second bad quarter as "please just hold on," and a third bad quarter as "please give me my job back."

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

anime stays winning

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I love it when extremely rich dudes in tuxedos try to laborsplain to the peasants why they're just not being reasonable.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Third World Reagan posted:

anime stays winning

Made in Abyss is streaming on Disney+

I don't call that winning

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I love it when extremely rich dudes in tuxedos try to laborsplain to the peasants why they're just not being reasonable.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

NeonPunk posted:

Made in Abyss is streaming on Disney+

I don't call that winning

Disney is ran by cannibalistic pedophiles, sorry you had to find out this way.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

i eagerly await the shutoff of the american treat spigot.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Zapf Dingbat posted:

this is really insensitive, slop withdrawal is real and awful

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Isn't one huge major factor in America's soft power across the world because of all the movies and TV we create and deliver across the world? Pretty sure nobody in the government remembers that

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Jel Shaker posted:

antibiotic resistance is such an overblown concern in a capitalist economy. firstly, pharmaceutical companies are forced to compete and eventually monopolise production and then a combination of price hikes and factory closures will mean that only 50 amoxicillin pills will be produced each year, thereby allowing antibiotic sensitive bacteria to again proliferate

"Forced" doing a lot of heavy lifting...

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

NeonPunk posted:

Isn't one huge major factor in America's soft power across the world because of all the movies and TV we create and deliver across the world? Pretty sure nobody in the government remembers that

yeah it's part of neoliberalism

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

i don't think they (consciously) think about it like that

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

NeonPunk posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Zapf Dingbat posted: