Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Sentient Data posted:

The graph is about the effects of pilot training. There's a very strong chance that the training covers situations like hijacking, so for once those attacks might actually be relevant to the topic

do pilots now get trained in close quarter battle and hand to hand combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Also iirc, the training stuff is about flight hours since it was increased such that first officers (aka co-pilots) now had to have the same number of flight hours as the lead pilots.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Interestingly, if we use 9/11 as a starting point, then the release of the Tron Remake on DVD also resulted in a 99.8% reduction in flight deaths compared to the previous 10 years.

Yet, the sequel was cancelled. Do we care nothing about airline safety?

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Interestingly, if we use 9/11 as a starting point, then the release of the Tron Remake on DVD also resulted in a 99.8% reduction in flight deaths compared to the previous 10 years.

Yet, the sequel was cancelled. Do we care nothing about airline safety?

Tron legacy was so sick to watch after smoking a bowl

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Armacham posted:

First time I ever used weed was right before watching Dredd. It kicked rear end.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I'm so sad that the era had so much lovely 3d that I skipped over Dr3Dd as soon as I saw the name. Never got to see slomo on the big screen

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Blue Footed Booby posted:

First time I ever used weed was right before watching Dredd. It kicked rear end.

what are you a cop

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

credburn posted:

what are you a cop

What’s the right terminology now that it’s smoked, vaped, eaten, and however else people consume it?

E- don’t forget lotions

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Snowy posted:

What’s the right terminology now that it’s smoked, vaped, eaten, and however else people consume it?

E- don’t forget lotions

"Do a weed" for singular and "Done multiple weeds" for plural.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

It's a verb now. I weed on the weekends, the first time I weeded, I wode a bunch in college, and so forth.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

How much weed would a weed would weed if a weed would would weed weed?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
*blows smoke in your eyes* sorry I weed in your face

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

BonHair posted:

It's a verb now. I weed on the weekends, the first time I weeded, I wode a bunch in college, and so forth.

I weed in the bushes

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

That movie is also rad as hell

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Phy posted:

I weed in the bushes

I weed in a big bed, on my wife.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I weed in a big bed, on my wife.

I also weed on this posters wife

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I weed two weeds before I weed two weeds

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

maybealabia posted:

I weed two weeds before I weed two weeds

Ugh, that early-morning split stream is so annoying, isn't it?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Snowy posted:

E- don’t forget lotions

Exactly. I'm not gonna type out "ate an edible" or whatever, that's stupid.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I smoked a joint, did a dab, ate a thc gummy, drank a cannabis drink, consumed cannabis. What you are trying to distill is “first got high off thc” so you could just say that too especially since there are all these delta-# shits

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Grassy Knowles posted:

I smoked a joint, did a dab, ate a thc gummy, drank a cannabis drink, consumed cannabis. What you are trying to distill is “first got high off thc” so you could just say that too especially since there are all these delta-# shits

this

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Snowy posted:

E- don’t forget lotions

Did you slather on a layer of weed lotion the first time you tried it?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If only there was some sort of chart of how to explain you did a weed.

Count Roland posted:

Did you slather on a layer of weed lotion the first time you tried it?
I mean if I weed lotioned (or plugged) on my first time I would definitely phrase it in conversation as used weed to avoid the weed gatekeepers thinking too hard about it.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Grassy Knowles posted:

Who cares?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Probably the poster who asked.

Snowy posted:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Armacham posted:

YEP. Easily the loudest and most intense theatre experience I've ever had. IMAX (real-deal not 'liemax') 3D, sweet spot of the theatre (it's pretty wide but 'listening position' is something like row K seat 20), a joint beforehand. Should have had some beers too because it was such sensory overload that my legs were shaking for the next fifteen minutes after we left the theatre.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I frequently will say I "use cannabis" because I vape, smoke, etc. and I've been called out on it by others before.

I don't think goon's a cop

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

credburn posted:

I frequently will say I "use cannabis" because I vape, smoke, etc. and I've been called out on it by others before.

I don't think goon's a cop

drat, two goon cops in one thread??

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

pik_d posted:

drat, two goon cops in one thread??

Cops say marihuana with a hard h

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m thinking about THCing tonight.

More specifically, eating an edible, but that’s unimportant. All you need to know is I’ll THC ya on the other side

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
If you yall don't call it wacky tobacky don't even come roun here

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

the devil's lettuce

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Jazz cigarrettes

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Cheechin

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

OwlFancier posted:

the devil's lettuce

it's this one.

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Jul 14, 2023

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

zedprime posted:

If only there was some sort of chart of how to explain you did a weed.
I landerigged. :evilbuddy:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Platystemon posted:

Jazz cigarrettes

The terminology I use is "hittin' the vape" or "jazz gummy"

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I got all gummed up last night

E- I was THCing not anything gross

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

"First used weed" feels a lot more conversational though, while "first got high off THC" makes me look for a locker to shove you in. It's like the difference between talking about using alprazolam vs using Xanax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
What about 'snorting a bar'