Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Edit. Fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
has truss put hers in yet?

I reckon a well placed article about how actually she was well smart on the few media platforms that would still accept it might get you one.

You wouldnt even need yo write it, just ask an ai to tell some lies for you

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, I think usually the maps would have Ireland on them and then just draw the border on. It's less weird that just pretending most of the landmass doesn't exist.

Borders and maps are weird for kids, I have a strong memory of looking at an atlas on a car journey and worrying about the barbaric wasteland of Ireland not having a single road.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

sebzilla posted:

Borders and maps are weird for kids, I have a strong memory of looking at an atlas on a car journey and worrying about the barbaric wasteland of Ireland not having a single road.

When I was a kid I couldn't bear to look at maps(road maps) - they looked like peoples' insides to me and made me feel sick.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Genuinely the best way to shut me up as a kid on any kind of journey was to make sure there was a map to hand.

Also, topically, allow me to express my withering disdain for NHS unions and members therein, for settling for the first barely-reasonable offer to come their way. We just got our "here you go, shitbags" pay increase, and now we get it flaunted in our face that we could have got more if we'd stuck at it.
No lessons will be learned. :ughh:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I have always fuckin loved maps. Y'all watch Map Men? Watch Map Men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B14Gtm2Z_70

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sebzilla posted:

If you were a kid in the 80s that was basically correct

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

sebzilla posted:

When I was a kid I remember hearing on the radio that the Soviet Union was breaking up, and I assumed this meant a colossal chasm had opened up and physically torn apart the continent of Asia. I was shocked that the news didn't seem to be talking about the millions of people that must have fallen into the hole. I asked my dad "does this mean they'll have to redo all the maps?" and he said that they would, which to my small brain was ironclad confirmation of the chasm theory.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you were a kid in the 80s that was basically correct

Humans still haven't really solved roads as a problem, it's quite humbling.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TACD posted:

When I was a kid I remember hearing on the radio that the Soviet Union was breaking up, and I assumed this meant a colossal chasm had opened up and physically torn apart the continent of Asia. I was shocked that the news didn't seem to be talking about the millions of people that must have fallen into the hole. I asked my dad "does this mean they'll have to redo all the maps?" and he said that they would, which to my small brain was ironclad confirmation of the chasm theory.

Lol, this is a good reminder that when you think a child has an uncharacteristic insight into something, they're probably actually thinking some totally different bullshit

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Humans still haven't really solved roads as a problem, it's quite humbling.
Need to go faster than a horse between two places? We already have a solution for that, it's called trains.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

they have played us for absolute fools

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

HopperUK posted:

I have always fuckin loved maps. Y'all watch Map Men? Watch Map Men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B14Gtm2Z_70

One of them was listed for a pro Brexit/Idiot conference a few months ago, i just put their channel on Do No Recommend after that. :shrug:

A pity as i like maps, had several Ordinance Survey maps for NI that i loved perusing as a kid.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

This is a real road, made by real traffic engineers

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

This is a real road, made by real traffic engineers

They have played us for absolute fools

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

uwot

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Just Another Lurker posted:

One of them was listed for a pro Brexit/Idiot conference a few months ago, i just put their channel on Do No Recommend after that. :shrug:

A pity as i like maps, had several Ordinance Survey maps for NI that i loved perusing as a kid.

I wouldn't disagree that the Kite festival could be described as the Idiot conference, but it's definitely more in the vein of the "can't we all just get along" centrist kind of idiot rather than the GB News loving Brexit junkie kind of idiot. Jay was booked to do his standard musical comedy for kids set at the festival, in the children's play area. Obviously associating with that could still be beyond the pale for some, but I thought it worth mentioning since I think there's a difference between playing your non-political set a multi-day festival that has a weird centrist throughline vs performing at some turbo-chud event where you're warming up the crowd for Laurence Fox.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Jay openly seethes every time Brexit comes up.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

a cautionary tale for those who doubt the traffic management power of the roundabout

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Brutal reviews on Google maps

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

HopperUK posted:

I have always fuckin loved maps.

https://twitter.com/russellcrowe/status/294269377363181568?s=46&t=lz1DjwUk2vgFTdWPPaLwfA

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Reveilled posted:

I wouldn't disagree that the Kite festival could be described as the Idiot conference, but it's definitely more in the vein of the "can't we all just get along" centrist kind of idiot rather than the GB News loving Brexit junkie kind of idiot. Jay was booked to do his standard musical comedy for kids set at the festival, in the children's play area. Obviously associating with that could still be beyond the pale for some, but I thought it worth mentioning since I think there's a difference between playing your non-political set a multi-day festival that has a weird centrist throughline vs performing at some turbo-chud event where you're warming up the crowd for Laurence Fox.

Fair enough, thought he had went full Laurence Fox.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1679748602678091777?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
At least Tories would have gotten the donors to pay for breakfast

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Given that this monstrosity must have taken a thousand years to build, did no-one at any point consider that putting the slipways in the middle of the loving lanes and tearing the whole thing apart like a cheesestring was really loving stupid? :psyduck:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Thats a 4 level stack with an extra feeder level. They have the best throughput of any free flowing junction. Almondsbury at the m4/m5 is one, and when its not blocked (from the idiot designers who thought a separate junction on the sliproads was a good idea, causing people to have to alide over 5 lanes in less than one hundred metres). A better one is the one at the m4/m25 ans the m25/m23 which dont have those problem.

Compare that to the mess that is the m50/m5, where during the malvern festivals cars are forced to brake from 70 to 0 on the motorway to queue for the terminating roundabout i know which id rather hace.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It'll all be solved soon with individual underground tunnels.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I have to go via the almondsbury interchange to get into town and it’s never not terrifying to approach and navigate

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Anyone know if Lloyds Bank penalize their 'chat' staff for not getting a perfect score?
Just had a very helpful person answering my questions but ultimately unable to assist as it seems to be a tech-related question that I'm going to have to visit branch for and so I was really not able to say they were able to answer my question as they did not know why the site wouldn't do what I wanted. I put 'strongly agree' wherever I could.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Technically they did nothing wrong, so unless there's a specific "my issue was not resolved" -> "have to be in person" / "outcome not possible" option I tend to just say yes they were flawless.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

Technically they did nothing wrong, so unless there's a specific "my issue was not resolved" -> "have to be in person" / "outcome not possible" option I tend to just say yes they were flawless.

Yeah there was a 'not resolved' option. :(

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Rachel said that if I meet with the nice donors and do what they say I'll get extra wet eggs tonight. Peter doesn't like it when I eat too many wet eggs but I will keep it a secret from him.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Is that additional eggs which are wet, or the same amount of eggs but wetter?

This is important.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Anyone know if Lloyds Bank penalize their 'chat' staff for not getting a perfect score?
Just had a very helpful person answering my questions but ultimately unable to assist as it seems to be a tech-related question that I'm going to have to visit branch for and so I was really not able to say they were able to answer my question as they did not know why the site wouldn't do what I wanted. I put 'strongly agree' wherever I could.

I work customer support.
99.9999 if not 100% of companies use surveys to determine the future pay increases of the call worker.
And yeah, loving sucks when you aren't getting the full increase due to getting asshats demanding impossible things the last few months.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Coming from experience in multiple contact centre environments, anything less than a perfect score isn’t good enough as far as the metrics go.

If they were genuinely helpful put in the max, if they were loving awful put in the minimum, if you’re indifferent either max it or don’t bother at all because even no rating is better than an imperfect one.

In my middle management days I spent hours arguing with our QA team to get imperfect ratings overturned, more often than not because for whatever reason customers regularly rated agents 1/10 and then left a verbatim comment like “super helpful couldn’t have asked for more”.

Presumably they saw the 1-10 scale and decided they were so helpful that they were definitely number 1! Without really considering why the scale then went up to 10.

The verbatim comment is the best place to get granular about it if you really want to tell them agent was helpful but they couldn’t solve your problem because of organisational issues.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Smiley Face scale is the only nearly idiot proof scale I reckon.

I love hammering that lil smiley dude in the face when I'm passing through the airport

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Failed Imagineer posted:

I love hammering that lil smiley dude in the face when I'm passing through the airport

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Interesting take on the Osborne email from Private Eye

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1679804067831336960?s=20

I know it's 'only' a council seat but shows people don't just vote for the one in the red tie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
gently caress Private Eye