Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
undead girl murder farce is a hell of a title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darth Walrus posted:

Dimension W wasn't particularly great.

It had a soundtrack by Go Shiina at least.

Also the part at the end where the bad guy played his remix of Camille Saint-Saëns' Danse Macabre for the final fight.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

undead girl murder farce is a hell of a title

top 3 show of the season so far

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I like the Monogatari vibes I'm getting from Undead Girl Murder Farce.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

galagazombie posted:

There’s logic to this. No one minded the cg in Blue Sub 6 because the anime people walking around and the cg underwater submarine battles were never on screen at the same time.

I minded the cg in blue sub 6.

Thankfully their cg dept improved by the time of Last Exile so that show looked pretty nice.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

I like the Monogatari vibes I'm getting from Undead Girl Murder Farce.

doing the vince interested face at this comparison

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
been a while since we had a good talking LN adaptation amidst the overload of the isekai and high school romcom ones

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 14, 2023

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Rewatched the first two episodes of Murder Farce with friends and it's astonishing how quick those episodes feel. For a show where it's mostly people talking, you get to the end of an episode feeling like you've been watching for 5 minutes - a stark contrast to In/Spectre which I wanted to like, but felt like slogging through molasses so often. I saw that it's directed by one of the main directors for Kaguya-sama and you can really feel it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It should be Murder Face

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mordja posted:

It should be Murder Face

I always read it as Murder Face first and then have to remind myself that it's actually Murder Farce.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
a person's face is their mask, ergo their farce

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My face is my shield.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
always getting hit by swords?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Mordja posted:

It should be Murder Face

But there are no metal bands in Victorian england

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

I don't remember the CG in Blue Sub 6 being that bad?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It was good for 1998 ie slightly worse than the average Namco PS1 game FMV

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_GxHmiqvkY

Some scenes still look good. Others less so.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah I almost forgot was an insanely good soundtrack that had

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Went sight unseen into Zom 100 and Undead Girl Murder Farce from the rumblings in this thread, dreading what sounded like potentially two zombie shows, and was pleasantly surprised by both of them :)

Is this "Helck" any good?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh yeah I almost forgot was an insanely good soundtrack that had

Also Range Murata for the character art

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spellblades seems decent, extreme Rean Coldsteel vibes from the MC

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it does feel like kiseki-fied HP

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i think gene of ai's second episode is a little worse than the first - i think using humanoids to tell a nature vs nuture story with the sprinters was a good idea but the execution was a little unclear - but i'm really digging the themes they're going for and using the doctor's office as an instrument to do that. still one of my fav shows of the season.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
The second episode of "Masterful Cat" is a good bit better than the first, though the OP still has some of that nausea-inducing swooping that GoHands can't stop doing on a bet.

Meanwhile "Hyakushou Kizoku" is already shaping up to be one of my faves for the year. It's very educational for us twits who spent all our lives in the suburbs. Last week, we learned about milk. This week, POTATOES! (Insert your own damned LOTR meme here, I'm out.)

waste waste waste waste waste waste non-standard waste waste waste waste non-standard...

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I've known that misshapen but otherwise perfectly edible food made up a large portion of harvests, but it never occurred to me that if people stopped being idiots about how their food looked it could theoretically totally gently caress the market

Granted I'm not sure how much it would matter if there were capital S food Shortages

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1680195012628213761

The only good SAO anime is back!

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
all the helck fans should probably read the sequel manga

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Spellblades seems decent, extreme Rean Coldsteel vibes from the MC

rean of the seven spellblades

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Year of Yuri continues

https://twitter.com/sayyouradio_prj/status/1680204306136576001

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
that's cool, I really like the seiyuu radio manga. we can only hope the announcement of an anime causes someone to tl the last three chapters

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Is the cat actually depressed?

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

GateOfD posted:

Is the cat actually depressed?

He seems mildly disgruntled more than anything else. They seem pretty happy together, all things considered.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
not really sure whats happening in Spellblades with its random hints of conspiracy

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

lih posted:

all the helck fans should probably read the sequel manga

Volundio is really fun, but it's a huge pain in the rear end to read legally. Comikey as a service sucks, a lot.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
yeah the knock against Volundio is how much of a pain it is to read and how irregular the chapter releases are at times. Otherwise it's been a lot of fun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

mdct posted:

Volundio is really fun, but it's a huge pain in the rear end to read legally. Comikey as a service sucks, a lot.

Better or worse than mangaup?

Man why do they have to make every legal service awful. I'm not against paying for manga, but between being locked to phone rather than pc, pay per chapter, and just bad viewers, it's like they don't want me to.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

chumbler posted:

Better or worse than mangaup?

I checked out the later chapters of Asobi Asobase on ComiKey and I'm half-certain it's machine translated. No idea about other series.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Probably better, since it's just "pay for goodies that you need to unlock chapters" and the latest chapter is always free to read for like a week, but it's still bizarre. I don't know why manga services don't just use a standard subscription model; i'd be happy to pay for one. I do for Jump and Viz, after all.

Also, whatever runs their RSS hook is awful. There's at least one chapter that I didn't notice that I hadn't read yet and was forced to unlock because they marked it as coming out in 2022 instead of 2023, and I feel like at least once or twice failed to update at all and just skipped a chapter.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Erg posted:

rean of the seven spellblades

Eight leaves seven spellblades style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The fight scene in the latest episode of of Link Click season 2 was pretty neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUL12if3lo4&t=47s