Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

This^

Ukraine has shown universal desire to continue the war regardless of anything the West says or does.

This idea that a nation state's people displaying agency by fighting for their political and cultural independence is an unwanted proxy war is loving stupid and once again, EXTREMELY American-centric world view.

But what about the millions of Donbass people who fought for their freedumb and independence huh?????????
And even this narrative got torpedoed by none other than Strelkov and his associates, who said that the people living in the Donbass didn't care who ruled them except for a very few disgruntled individuals. They *needed* all the little green men to foment the full scale rebellion, and still almost lost until POCCNR sent elements of its regular army to attack and kill Ukrainian soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Beard Dandruff posted:

Thats an odd way to describe stringing along Ukraine so that they continue to send waves of conscripts into an artillery fueled meat grinder?

Ukrainians are notorious for just wanting to give up

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

beer_war posted:

While all you stupid Westoids chuckle about Lake NATO, I, a serious war understander, realize that NATO will be crushed like a troublesome insect.

https://twitter.com/russophileLs/status/1679491675822104581?s=20

And you uh... declare war in the process on the US, UK, France, Germany, Turkey, and like 20 other countries...???

Does this guy not understand NATO?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Grape posted:

And you uh... declare war in the process on the US, UK, France, Germany, Turkey, and like 20 other countries...???

Too old for him

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Grape posted:

His paycheck depends on him not understanding NATO, or anything to do with how a modern military actually works.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

bunnyofdoom posted:

What is with all the tankies showing up?

They were accurately mocked a page ago, and may also be experiencing cognitive dissonance discomfort from the anti-trans law being passed.

Brigading the thread is a tactical exercise in showing how not mad they are, and how it should not be put in the papers.

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

Grape posted:

This is a pretty weird loss edit.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Grape posted:

What are any of them supposed to do after NATO's entire army has been destroyed 3 times in Ukraine?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Lammasu posted:

I don't get why people fighting for their freedom is such a foreign concept to so many. Not just the Tankies either. Putin worked under the assumption that Ukraine would gladly accept a kleptocratic authoritarian regime where they can take away your anime at any time.

They're from pampered first world countries that have never experienced existential threat (lol 9/11) in their lifetimes.
So North Americans and Western Europeans being extremely naive.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

RUSSIA IS WINNINT

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Prepare to eat Mudvayne, binch

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Russia was forced into this war because of encroaching existential threat via NATO.

What do you mean Ukrainians would willingly fight against a foreign invasion???

Yeah I remember grinding my feet on Eddie Murphy's couch.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Russia has made it pretty clear that ukraine doesnt really exist and there is no such thing as a ukrainian "people".

If you want peace that consists of ukrainian surrender, you are basically suggesting that Ukraine should shut the gently caress up and get genocided in peace and quiet.

This is possibly the first time in 50 years thst western arms money has actually been spent on its intended purpose of "stopping the bad guys". Yes Ukraine isnt perfect, but you cant try and improve a country if it doesnt exist.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Putin sucks

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Toxic Mental posted:

Prepare to eat Mudvayne, binch

I really need to get a PC so I can photoshop this makeup as one of Prigozhin's disguises.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Drone_Fragger posted:

Russia has made it pretty clear that ukraine doesnt really exist and there is no such thing as a ukrainian "people".

If you want peace that consists of ukrainian surrender, you are basically suggesting that Ukraine should shut the gently caress up and get genocided in peace and quiet.

This is possibly the first time in 50 years thst western arms money has actually been spent on its intended purpose of "stopping the bad guys". Yes Ukraine isnt perfect, but you cant try and improve a country if it doesnt exist.

lol you don't need to go very far for people to say this is a lie about genocide. State TV has called on Ukraine to be wiped off the map and it's culture eridcated. If state media doesn't convince people, nothing will

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Seriously though, Russia outlawed isekai anime.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Drone_Fragger posted:

This whole situation is wild for all sorts of reasons, in my life I get to see that the Red Scare not being JUST fear mongering, watch the Russian government collapse again, seeing that yes, indeed, the Western Military™ is extremely powerful and we aren't even sending our best stuff, and watching NATO be 100% completely justified to where it shakes neutrality from Europe. And, to top it all off, Russia is absolutely 100% the bad guy in the same way that Nazi Germany was the bad guy. It's going to really gently caress up a whole host of people for a long time even if they have nothing to do with the war itself.

Plus as an ignorant westoid I now know so much more about Ukraine than I ever have before.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

:ussr: : Workers of the world unite - Overthrow your masters and publicly behead them! Line up their sympathisers in the street and shoot them dead! Kick down dissenters' doors in the middle of the night!

Also :ussr: : War is bad why would you call for violence

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Grape posted:

Well, you fail to see the Russian masterplan where they took it slow to take Ukraine (which they could have done easily in a week) to get NATO to send all their weapons and ammo. Where it was either sold by corrupt Ukrainians or blown up in transit.
Now that NATO has no more weapons and ammo Russia can unleash their real army, not the old crap they sent to Ukraine.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Lammasu posted:

But probably for the wrong reasons

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
war exists to teach americans geography

present war not an exception

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Strategic Tea posted:

:ussr: : Workers of the world unite - Overthrow your masters and publicly behead them! Line up their sympathisers in the street and shoot them dead! Kick down dissenters' doors in the middle of the night!

This is the funniest one to me. Almost as funny as the Trumpist equivalent of watching a bunch of people who were hooting and hollering, just absolutely beating their meat red, with enthusiasm for the Iraq war, suddenly get all "heh, use taxpayer money on a foreign conflict? Please"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

war exists to teach americans geography

present war not an exception

New conspiracy just dropped: America causes all wars world wide to improve general knowledge quiz scores

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm about to pop off on Seterra. Thank you Nazelenskyy for this opportunity.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
you can't argue with the results. 18 months ago no americans knew where Bucha or Bakhmut was.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Strategic Tea posted:

War is violence to forward the aims of the ruling class

Revolution is violence to forward the aims of the working class.

Then the guys who took over after the revolution start secret police and ban political parties and unions.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Lammasu posted:

The most popular Russian isekai is currently, "Reborn As A Sunflower In The Same World".

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Beard Dandruff posted:

Heh war is kewl.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I always wondered what it would be like to meet a non-German who supported the nazi cause during WW2, you know?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Grape posted:

They're from pampered first world countries that have never experienced existential threat (lol 9/11) in their lifetimes.
So North Americans and Western Europeans being extremely naive.

Lol, as if I care about Russia conquering me. Putin would rebuild a nice house for me and give me a wife that is not brainwashed by Americanism and that you can actually talk to and I wouldn't have to work 40 hours a week anymore. The leader is kind and loves his people, unlike the western ruling ghouls. Russia is still a real, functioning society that has not been completely dismantled by neo liberal rootless urban cosmopolitanism. Like, nobody in Russia loses their mind because you reek a little bit of poo(which isn't even harmful and how it always used to be until very recently in society)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Molothecat posted:

I always wondered what it would be like to meet a non-German who supported the nazi cause during WW2, you know?

New London school explosion, watch the interviews post explosion and you'll see Americans talking up Hitler in 1936.

You know before we knew which side of the conflict wed be on.

It's weird as gently caress.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Molothecat posted:

What?

It was a US Zoomer Catgirl joke.

Maybe not the best taste, but what the actual gently caress did you think he was saying?

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Tigey posted:

The Russian Naval Infantry were used extensively during some of the more intense battles in mid-late 2022 (I can't remember exactly where), and if I remember were some of their most effective units at the time.

And with much of the fleet effectively useless in the conflict (other than for taking occasional missile potshots, due to Ukraine ASMs in the Black Sea, and Turkey controlling the Straits), I would definitely image they are scraping whatever manpower they can from naval ships and bases, like they are from their various garrison and border military units across Russia.

I think you're thinking of Vuhledar and the 155th Naval Infantry Brigade.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Molothecat posted:

Depends if you met them during the war, because after it they were always 100% anti-Nazi, why do you ask?

Otherwise the frankly unabashed former collaborationist groups from various Axis minor allies sort of washed up in the USA in the post-war years. Lots of them ended up as hard-core Cold Warriors who supported Reagan.

I had this book back a long time ago: link

Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Party: Domestic fascist networks and their effect on U.S. cold war politics by Russ Bellant

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

weg posted:

The most popular Russian isekai is currently, "Reborn As A Sunflower In The Same World".

Making it literally illegal to draw about maybe ending up in a better place than Russia.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Rust Martialis posted:

Depends if you met them during the war, because after it they were always 100% anti-Nazi, why do you ask?
What a coincidence all my chud relatives have always opposed the Iraq war

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"

bunnyofdoom posted:

What is with all the tankies showing up?

It’s all D&D’s fault really. Mods promised 15 years ago that D&D would stay separate from GBS. Now GBS agrees with D&D on Ukraine and who knows what else. This unchecked expansion violates that earlier promise and directly threatens the safety of tankie talk spaces. They must invade GBS to establish it as a buffer zone protecting them from the perfidious neoliberals.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I wish Russia would just leave Ukraine. Maybe we should start a petition.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

weg posted:

I really need to get a PC so I can photoshop this makeup as one of Prigozhin's disguises.

The new Mortal Kombat's Quan Chi redesign looks pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

the other hand posted:

It’s all D&D’s fault really. Mods promised 15 years ago that D&D would stay separate from GBS. Now GBS agrees with D&D on Ukraine and who knows what else. This unchecked expansion violates that earlier promise and directly threatens the safety of tankie talk spaces. They must invade GBS to establish it as a buffer zone protecting them from the perfidious neoliberals.

but D&D providing GBS with its most powerful weapons systems like "reading comprehension" and "consistent ethical prescriptions" will only serve to escalate this conflict and lead to more probes :cry:

:laffo: