Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I went looking through an old LP thread for some details on something, and stumbled across a discussion of alcoholic drinks in a fictional setting that lead to this.

PoptartsNinja posted:

We’re then introduced to the best (worst) thing in BattleTech: the PPC.

I don’t mean the weapon, I mean the drink. It comes in five flavors, which Gray Noton explains to the Contessa Kim Sorenson:

Steiner PPC: Four parts grain alcohol with two parts peppermint schnapps.
Liao PPC: Four parts grain alcohol with two parts plum wine.
Kurita PPC: Four parts grain alcohol with two parts Sake.
Davion PPC: Four parts grain alcohol with two parts bourbon (or Tequila, for the New Syrtis version).
Marik PPC: Four parts grain alcohol with two parts Ouzo.

Hob_Gadling posted:

Trip report:

Steiner PPC isn't half bad, although I like my peppermint drinks peppermintier. Is that a word, peppermintier?

I don't have plum wine so Liao PPC gets skipped.

Kurita PPC is a waste of sake. Sake only tastes good when warm, and warm grain alcohol is terrible. This drink reminds me about Spinal Tap, the ending sequences where one of the band members explains how he's between the fire and ice of two other people in the band. Sorta like lukewarm water.

Davion PPC is probably the most terrible of them all, just because I really dislike bourbon. It's pretty consistent, since bourbon goes badly with anything.

Marik PPC is probably the best of the bunch. Anise flavor goes really well with grain alcohol. Mix with a drop of water if you want the color to come out, and flavor with a couple raisins for taste. Maybe even a coffee bean or two. I'll have to continue exploring this.

Gadling PPC is four parts grain alcohol, two parts cognac. Serve at room temperature. Beats all of the above hands down. If you lack cognac, do the poor mans version with four parts grain alcohol and two parts lemon juice, served with ice.

Now excuse me, I think I need to lay down for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

SiKboy posted:

I think thats your back yard tbh.

Fair point

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:ccb: About Getting Banned From BYOB and FYAD :ccb:

c0ke hyph posted:

When your banned from FYAD or BYOB. Do you just lose posting access to em or can you just not see them at all?? Because I posted there yesterday, some pretty funny posts, and when I check later on they're gone? What's up with that... then I made another post that was sure to be funny, but lol, I got this message saying "MUTTON TIME" or some poo poo... never heard of mutton time but okay, must be a FYAD catchphrase of some sorts.

But yea, I cannot post in FYAD, BYOB, let alone see them, and I'm wondering why cause no posts were made by me in BYOB so there must be some kinda mistake for sure. So can I see them again? They seem cool but I mean sheash.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Kitfox88 posted:

That was the zelda ocarina song drug right?
No that's datura.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
What was that quote again?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

What was that quote again?

sea of losers posted:

no that was a bluelight post about a synth noid
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-735246.html
"Hospitalised me 3 times, this one is potent chaps, don't listen to them stupid people talking about eye balling. As for effects i have no idea lol it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to hospital."

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Oh yeah I think datura was the one about fighting with snakes that turned out to be IV lines or something like that.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I remember an Erowid post about datura where a guy came to in the hospital, remembering only that he had attempted to smoke his belt. Apparently he'd gotten picked up by the cops because he had been going door to door naked and proclaiming "I AM THE TERMINATOR" before running away giggling.

also can we come back to

quote:

I received a $520 speeding ticket in Massachusetts. My license is still suspended there.

I have lived in Massachusetts most of my life. We drive fast here. I've seen people do 90 in a 55. How loving fast do you have to go in Massachusetts to even get pulled over, let alone a half a grand in fines and a suspended license?

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 04:34 on Jul 14, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

venus de lmao posted:

Apparently he'd gotten picked up by the cops because he had been going door to door naked and proclaiming "I AM THE TERMINATOR" before running away giggling.

That owns in a terrible sort of way.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Datura is a deliriant, meaning you don't just hallucinate, you believe the hallucinations. Common hallucinations include bleeding walls and objects, piles of insects or bodies, your own body rotting, and the belief that you are dead and deservedly in hell. And people use this poo poo on purpose.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Imagine paying for that experience when I can just turn off my monitor for free any time I want

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Datura is a deliriant, meaning you don't just hallucinate, you believe the hallucinations. Common hallucinations include bleeding walls and objects, piles of insects or bodies, your own body rotting, and the belief that you are dead and deservedly in hell. And people use this poo poo on purpose.

I recall it made me kill a zombie radioactive bear.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
All in all a better than average trip

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

It's also the antidote to uh, nerve agents? Something like that.

You get sent into the shadow realm to fight nightmares for your existence for a few days.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

jetz0r posted:

It's also the antidote to uh, nerve agents? Something like that.

Organophosphate compounds (including a lot of nerve agents and pesticides) block acetylcholinesterase (the enzyme responsible for breaking down acetylcholine), causing a buildup of excess acetylcholine in the body, which causes a lot of the fucky symptoms. Atropine and other anticholinergics can be used to block the effects of excess acetylcholine while the body regenerates acetylcholinesterase.

It kinda just blocks poo poo long enough for you to not die while your ACh and AChE levels normalize, but you can still end up with permanent brain damage.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Brain damage already happened due to posting, may as well do datura about it.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Inceltown posted:

Brain damage already happened due to posting, may as well do datura about it.

Post av combo, dat PING

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Somehow Datura is the source of 2 of the world health organization's essential medicines.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Imagine paying for that experience when I can just turn off my monitor for free any time I want

quotes coming from inside the thread again

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

rodbeard posted:

Somehow Datura is the source of 2 of the world health organization's essential medicines.

The line between medicine, drug and poison has always been a matter of context at best.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The line between medicine, drug and poison has always been a matter of context at best.
"Pesticide" is also a matter of context and scale.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Huh, I didn't know it was the same as moonflower (or one of two called by that). We had that in our garden growing up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Scarodactyl posted:

Huh, I didn't know it was the same as moonflower (or one of two called by that). We had that in our garden growing up.

We had a castor oil plant randomly start growing out the front of our house, it was a cool looking plant with interesting big leaves but we eventually discovered that it's classified as a noxious weed here in Australia so we notified the local council and they sent some guys out to remove it. It's also obviously the source of castor oil which is still widely in use around the globe, but it turns out it's also the source of ricin poison. The entire plant is toxic but the seeds are especially toxic and can poison people or pets if they chew on them and the plants produce a shitload of pollen which is a particularly strong trigger for asthma but can also trigger allergic reactions. That was an interesting google search result when I finally decided to identify the weird plant, lol

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 12:45 on Jul 14, 2023

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Don’t do datura if you have the ol’ myasthenia gravis

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

freeedr posted:

Don’t do datura

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Now I'm in the mood for some Datura

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Vandar posted:

In what loving universe does this knucklehead live where Margot Robbie isn't one considered one of the prettiest of the prettiest?

https://twitter.com/KILLTOPARTY/status/1678758437826461696

B33rChiller posted:

I thought Ken had brown hair?

FFT posted:

Ken was blonde from the beginning, but there have been a poo poo-ton of variants and not-Kens

Decrepus posted:

Even the first anime version portrayed him as a blonde blue eyed white guy from argentina.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
More like don’tura from the sound of it

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Ghost Leviathan posted:

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison."  (Paracelsus)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

just squeaks in at 21 characters, think that's the limit

How did we go 24 hours without anyone noticing that Inexplicable Humblebrag's own username is longer than 21 characters?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Jedit posted:

How did we go 24 hours without anyone noticing that Inexplicable Humblebrag's own username is longer than 21 characters?

Admins can grant longer usernames than the purchasable limit iirc, so a username being longer than that doesn’t make it being the limit invalid.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jedit posted:

You could say it's inexplicable

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I would maybe try fentanyl once but any more than that seems like a bad idea

Fentanyl is OK at pain reduction but it's a lovely high. Not worth the risk.

No comment on the current delirant discussion except also don't do them. Not worth the risk.

This is all anecdotal evidence so YMMV. Some drugs are cool. These are not those.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grassy Knowles posted:

Admins can grant longer usernames than the purchasable limit iirc, so a username being longer than that doesn’t make it being the limit invalid.

See also: 'Second Hand Meat Mouth'

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I just think it's in bad taste to draw attention to it, let alone explain it. They're not forums poster Explicable Boast, who would have a username well within the character limit, regardless.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I just think it's in bad taste to draw attention to it, let alone explain it. They're not forums poster Explicable Boast, who would have a username well within the character limit, regardless.

Why do you feel that way? I think it's nice to know there's leeway and exceptions made for exceptional usernames

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tenkaris posted:

Why do you feel that way? I think it's nice to know there's leeway and exceptions made for exceptional usernames

It's a combo of the username, and post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Captain Monkey posted:

It's a combo of the username, and post.

Aw poo poo I done got whooshed