Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

<playing final fantasy 7 for 30+ hours>

...wait...like climate change?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Tifa runs with a bad crowd. I can fix her

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Letting your Red XIII go outside is terrible for the local environment

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Barrett is a tankie

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I like the cope in the replies: "It's pro-environment, not anti-capitalism"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
that guy definitely grinds his teeth during every movie where the bad guy is a businessman or an evil corporation

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Quotey posted:

he wore his hat in the right manner, which is more than i can say for some.

Jack Aubrey agrees.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1679475461087272962?t=eu87gMPIqHQhmfPYCGsj7A&s=19

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

just can't quit my Nazi war criminal national founders

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

christmas boots posted:

I like the cope in the replies: "It's pro-environment, not anti-capitalism"

the north korean defector girl in squid game keeping silent when asked whether the south is better is also a very pro-capitalist message

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/garyrosenWSJ/status/1679497450074062852?t=nACcarZlFneT3DQi26gTOA&s=19

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I'm driving to costco, I'm an explorer

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm driving to costco, I'm an explorer

I'm jacking off (exploring)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
me, getting crushed going to a popular tourist spot: people laugh when you are a pioneer

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
me, after paying a million dollars to fly into low orbit on a virgin galactic plane: i am basically neil armstrong

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

my bony fealty posted:

I'm jacking off (exploring)

The prostate has already been thoroughly explored I'm afraid

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
really pushing the boundaries of knowledge by tourist diving to the wreck we found like forty years ago

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

really pushing the boundaries of knowledge by tourist diving to the wreck we found like forty years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMRpYtAhGAo

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Exploring having my entire body instantly boiled into a gas

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

exploring the ocean, in several directions at high speed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sorry but I can’t trust the opinion of a guy who got killed in his own MMO

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I prefer explorers who aren't salsa :colbert:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

"But think of the data we're going to get" I say, before being vaporized in nanoseconds.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Like I'm going to take the opinion of a loving Texan who calls himself Lord British.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Buck Wildman posted:

exploring the ocean, in several directions at high speed

That's how they got so rich, their skills at multitasking

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

I prefer explorers who aren't salsa :colbert:

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
They invented the submarine just like Franz Reichelt invented the parachute

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I watched a cool doc about the northwest passage. unfortunately they decided to play this song about 15 times through it, with it playing louder during transitions

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

vyelkin posted:

that guy definitely grinds his teeth during every movie where the bad guy is a businessman or an evil corporation

That rec center is a hive of antisocial behavior

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

I watched a cool doc about the northwest passage. unfortunately they decided to play this song about 15 times through it, with it playing louder during transitions

lol

i mean, i enjoy the song, but it's about a guy driving west on a highway first wishing he could have joined explorers who died looking for something that didn't exist, then deciding he's already just like them. i think it's a weird choice to play on anything about the actual expeditions, even once. but fifteen! goondolences.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Why in God's name do people want to freeze their balls off?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KORNOLOGY posted:

Cheaper than gender confirmation surgery and fewer hoops to jump through.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/maxdubler/status/1679851501622300672?t=BvpHG4RTKmDNuBms9tbeNQ&s=19

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

KORNOLOGY posted:

i like to camp in winter because the fire is warmer and cozier when it's colder and i've got this nice wool blanket already anyway

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

I love that this person does not seem to understand the most basic supply and demand.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

ScrubLeague posted:

I love that this person does not seem to understand the most basic supply and demand.

it isn't supply and demand.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Zodium posted:

it isn't supply and demand.

It's bank term bullshit, right? Paging nerds to explain this to me stat.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

They keep the rental rates higher that way. Yeah, they could rent the empties out at lower rates, but overall they'd make less profit because it's basically a cartel system and having higher average rent benefits them.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
A lot of landlords also keep apartments off rental markets long term because they make more money renting them out as short-term rentals on platforms like Airbnb, and in the process they also drive up rents on long-term apartments so they make more money both ways. That isn't exactly "keeping them empty" but it is keeping them off the market for people who actually need a home to live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Somebody said in another thread it's by "trying" to rent it out far above market value and getting a tax write off or claiming insurance or some poo poo for that sum.