Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Admins should give me an obnoxiously long username

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

But just "rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard"

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

FFT posted:

But just "rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard rodbeard"

WWE announcer style Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodbeard

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Name me Doctor Fuckmaster Extreme III

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Ro d b e a r d

e: aw man, you can type 16 spaces but it only displays Iike one

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Mushroom, mushroom.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Tree Bucket posted:

Ro  d  b   e     a              r                 d

:tipshat:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

WWE announcer style Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodbeard

ROOOOOD "RODBEARD" BEEEEEEEAAAAARRRRRRRRD

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's because their rod be 'ard.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I assume non-breaking spaces get filtered out by the username checker because I'm not aware of anyone named "                     "

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there was a poster who changed their name to a space, which broke the forums and the ignore list rankings. they were banned

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Actually that just means it's working perfectly. Like how elephants are so good at hiding in trees!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

there was a poster who changed their name to a space, which broke the forums and the ignore list rankings. they were banned

They’re still listed as the most ignored user in the gloryhole, but their name was changed after getting banned

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

FFT posted:

Actually that just means it's working perfectly. Like how elephants are so good at hiding in trees!

They... paint their balls red?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

They... paint their balls red?

It worked for me.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Desert Bus posted:

It worked for me.

Watch out for cherry-eating monkeys.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

It worked for me.

Can confirm

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

freeedr posted:

Can confirm

That must have been a disappointing cherry for you

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
tree nut allergies can be quite serious

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Was it a space or one of those Unicode characters that looks like a space but isn't? Back in the Windows XP days you could use those in folder names and have a weird disembodied folder on your desktop that behaved strangely.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Read After Burning posted:

I just saw a Youtube post where someone was advertising some couples' retreat, with yoga classes included. One of the comments said:

quote:
Yoga and God the creator are not on the same Path yoga opens doors to Demons

:stare:

OwlFancier posted:

Demon Door is what I imagine goatse would be if it were a yoga pose.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:smith: Feel bad about doing nothing with my weekend :smith:

Thyroid Mary posted:

I only woke up to take a poo poo and jack off.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Of all the thousands of times I've read this stupid gimmik, this one got the best chuckle out of me:

oldpainless posted:

Constantly checking on your kids ill prepares them for adulthood when absolutely not a single solitary person gives a poo poo whether you live or die

Lobok posted:

Feels wrong to say but we should all be

more like oldpainless.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Grassy Knowles posted:

They’re still listed as the most ignored user in the gloryhole, but their name was changed after getting banned

Wait is that really who that is?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait is that really who that is?

Hah, I didn't know that either.

On a related note, I'm glad we have the green and red arrows by the names on the list who have moved up or down. Really lets you know who had a busy week.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Was it a space or one of those Unicode characters that looks like a space but isn't? Back in the Windows XP days you could use those in folder names and have a weird disembodied folder on your desktop that behaved strangely.
You can do better than that in modern Linux. POSIX filenames are arbitrary byte sequences, not text. Things like malformed UTF are legal filenames, and different ways of encoding the same text are different filenames.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rust Martialis posted:

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison."  (Paracelsus)

I thought that must be a classic, though I remember it from Count of Monte Cristo. Also one of those things you can pretty easily figure out from any understanding of medicine and drugs, despite drug war propaganda.

Desert Bus posted:

Fentanyl is OK at pain reduction but it's a lovely high. Not worth the risk.

No comment on the current delirant discussion except also don't do them. Not worth the risk.

This is all anecdotal evidence so YMMV. Some drugs are cool. These are not those.

I do wonder how much of the fent epidemic is because so many people are just in pain all the time.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

People get hooked on fent because they're already hooked on other opiates, and fent is cheaper/easier to get, now.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"Get fent", as a fresh alternative to the outdated stale old "get bent".

It is short for "get defenestrated".

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

"Get fent", as a fresh alternative to the outdated stale old "get bent".

It is short for "get defenestrated".

Get off fent or ill have you bent
balls of steel

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They should employ stuntpersons and let tourists pay to defenestrate them (safely).

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

There should be a button by the window that plays the aaahoohoohoohooey Goofy falling scream when you press it

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

There should be a button by the window that plays the aaahoohoohoohooey Goofy falling scream when you press it

Wilhelm

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Wilhelm is overrated. Now Howie? That's a scream!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Biplane posted:

People get hooked on fent because they're already hooked on other opiates, and fent is cheaper/easier to get, now.

That too, the whole overprescription crisis and all.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Zetsubou-san posted:

tree nut allergies can be quite serious
Lol

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That too, the whole overprescription crisis and all.

After my appendectomy I got a couple of oxy tablets to get me through the first day or two. It gave me a slight buzz but mostly just made me tired, but worked wonders for the pain. Only needed like 8 tablets over 2,5 days or so and after that paracetamol did the trick.

Still, for a week or two after that I'd get these random thoughts/cravings about how an oxy would be nice right about now.

These were 4mg tablets and apparently in the US 10s of mg tablets are routinely prescribed just to take home with you and take as needed? loving insane

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm so happy all pain meds make me sick. If I'm ever in serious pain I'm hosed

I'll take a shovel to the head please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I was prescribed morphine earlier this year after having my kneecap wired together and even though I can't really remember it doing anything other than make me sleep I still miss it whenever I think about it. So it's probably for the best I don't have access to it any more huh.

Plus it stopped me making GBS threads