Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ohtsam posted:

Yes please, especially if the writing is as good. Labrys’s story is probably the best writing in all of the franchise.

Also the best English voice acting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
A tactics game with only three playable characters in the map sounds very bad

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

For all p5t's apparent issues, complaining about anatomy in a stylized art style seems pretty petty lol

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Sounds like a mobile game.

Last SRPG I played with such a small lineup of playable characters in the map was Front Mission 3 on the PS1

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Kale posted:

Kind of crazy how people just don't seem to be having Persona 5 Tactica like at all. I do tend to figure they are making a big miscalculation on the artstyle as a big part of it no matter what they end up coming out with gameplay/story wise.

I'm just fully done with P5 until they announce the fighting game

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ann what happened to your spine

ann's spine was always made of rubber

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Chibi Ann is just bending slightly to one side, in a sitting pose. Normal Ann is just bent over with one arm lower to the ground.

Both of those are things normal people do every day??? Those are no Escher Girls poses.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Also as a model I'm sure Ann has had to do way more difficult poses.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Chibi Ann is just bending slightly to one side, in a sitting pose. Normal Ann is just bent over with one arm lower to the ground.

Both of those are things normal people do every day??? Those are no Escher Girls poses.

When I first looked at it I thought her left knee was her hip and thought it looked real weird as well. Now that you've mentioned it, the image makes wayyy more sense yeah.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

Normal Ann is just bent over with one arm lower to the ground.

Yeah I'm a little confused by that - the "people have spines" stuff isn't meant to imply that people literally cannot bend their backs. I think it's usually referring to images of women whose backs are twisted in unnatural ways (so you can see both their front and back in the same pose).

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I think if you just glance at that image it's easy to think her left knee is her hip/butt but no she just has big Powerpuff Girl feet

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Works well for Mario + Rabbids. Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate: Demonhunters has four to a squad and is good.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

neonchameleon posted:

Works well for Mario + Rabbids. Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate: Demonhunters has four to a squad and is good.
Into the Breach is fun as hell too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SubG posted:

Into the Breach is fun as hell too.

Yeah I was about to say.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Into the Breach is loving incredible, yes

Wait what thread am I in

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Most turn-based CRPGs give you a small party (around 4 units) as well. If you want to go further, in the tabletop versions of those (and other tactics-oriented TRPGs) you almost always control only one unit. If you want to go even further than that, dungeon-crawling turn-based roguelikes could also count as tactics games with a singular player controlled unit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/yohosiefgc/status/1679889874516865024?t=ntoQM4MDBFW9VaKBxyZDZg&s=19

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Schubalts posted:

yeah both those poses seem, totally fine esp the first one?? they're nowhere near unrealistically spine twisty poses you see elsewhere like on a comic cover or w/e

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts posted:

the difference is that ann is a thin 16 year old model and not a 37 year old goon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people will see an anime girl bending down to touch her toes and go 'uhmmmm, i cant do that??' and think the problem is with the art

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I was once young and flexible...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tbh I am struggling to understand what's happening with the lower half of the chibi one, it's like those optical illusion photos where the legs in the photo belong to someone else

Edit: oh that's her tail, I think that resolved it

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm potentially interested in the tactics game despite the style not being to my exact taste, they've just not shown much of the gameplay and it's coming out in a jam packed time for games so it'll have to be pretty spectacular to make me buy it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Ann what happened to your spine

That's normal for her. One of her default poses in P5 when her turn is selected looks extremely uncomfortable and feline, I guess cause she's supposed to be "panther".

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The only nit pick about the chibi pose is that at first glance, it looks like her legs should be crossed, but the shadowing makes that impossible.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GOONS, WATCHING A 1920s CARTOON: a dog's spine can't bend like that!!!!!!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

thebardyspoon posted:

I'm potentially interested in the tactics game despite the style not being to my exact taste, they've just not shown much of the gameplay and it's coming out in a jam packed time for games so it'll have to be pretty spectacular to make me buy it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
What version of God are we killing today

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tired Moritz posted:

What version of God are we killing today

A powerful construct of the Collective Unconscious as defined by Jung that takes the form of *spins wheel* Bondye and is based on the collective desire *spins other wheel* to be buried in the ground as a metaphor for capitalism or some poo poo I dunno.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

A God created from the negative emotions of climate change deniers

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Base P5 down. That was a much easier final boss than I was expecting, and it had logical gimmicks. In terms of design definitely better than the last bundle of palaces.

Onto the Royal content, but only after a much needed break.

I really like the setup for Royal, even if the big picture of what’s happening is pretty obvious to me. It definitely injects something weird and unsettling into the game, which I think helps it a lot.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Funky Valentine posted:

GOONS, WATCHING A 1920s CARTOON: a dog's spine can't bend like that!!!!!!

Goons will see rubber hose and complain about rubber hoes

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Hi, there's a general SMT megathread somewhere, right? I can't find it by searching. I just got V and have a few mechanical questions.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

OzFactor posted:

Hi, there's a general SMT megathread somewhere, right? I can't find it by searching. I just got V and have a few mechanical questions.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3428684

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

A tiny thing I noticed in Royal: This Yusuke line was generated by an AI, right? It does not sound at all like a human spoke it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNlIEa_LrTg

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ajkalan posted:

A tiny thing I noticed in Royal: This Yusuke line was generated by an AI, right? It does not sound at all like a human spoke it.

or badly assembled from cuttings of different reads

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ai voice stuff wasnt nearly as big when royal came out and its unlikely theyd randomly use it for a single line. like the person said above its probably just a bad splice job. splicing two different takes together is relatively common, but when done badly it can be really jarring.

Kale
May 14, 2010

ajkalan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysByGpcNM0E

The Sopranos had spoken dialogue like this and that was turn of the century TV

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

or badly assembled from cuttings of different reads

Endorph posted:

ai voice stuff wasnt nearly as big when royal came out and its unlikely theyd randomly use it for a single line. like the person said above its probably just a bad splice job. splicing two different takes together is relatively common, but when done badly it can be really jarring.

Yeah, this makes more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

FireWorksWell posted:

A God created from the negative emotions of climate change deniers

When you're in the Depths of Mementos and you run into all those people in cages saying they don't give a gently caress because the world's ending anyway, I kept thinking of the C-SPAM climate change thread.