Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rinkles posted:

Don't get me wrong, a lot of it has aged poorly, and it started getting stale in the second half, but I don't think you'd need to update the formula that much. I'd welcome a return to slightly more modest (in terms of scope) character driven rpgs in the vein of old Bioware.

I can kinda relate, lol. The other day, I was scrolling through my library and I saw Jade Empire and a little part of me was like "I should play Jade Empire."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Morpheus posted:

Also you can gently caress some of your crew by talking to them a couple times between these areas.

Morrigan: You killed my mother! We had a complicated relationship but even so, I just can't stand to be around you right n-
The Warden: Here's a pretty piece of jewelry.
Morrigan:

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Ramie posted:

There sure were a lot of Star Wars games around that era

I liked the RTS that had some neat space combat. You could damage individual bits of say, a Star Destroyer, and the damage would show. Knock out its engines and you could leave dead in the water, for example. Everything died a bit too fast from what I remember, so it wasn't a big enough factor

There was also ground combat portion that I just remember as being insipid

I don't think I ever played that one, just the reskinned age of empires one, Galactic Battlegrounds; I remember the balance being pretty bad for the first game until the expansion came out. I think it even had a wookie faction.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

^a bit of research tells me that there was a Gungan faction in that game, which is incredibly funny to me

A lot of the Star Wars flavor in games seems pretty wasted to me because it's one of two things:

A) Familiar characters or factions in instantly recognizable locales, which are themselves throughly mined out by this point. All possible permutations have been done

B) Some obscure and dull lore that only like 2% of the fandom knows and is excited about. Oh I get to lead a legion of Vibrospeeders on planet Choochooba? who cares

But all the Star Wars games sell a billion copies so what do I know

Ramie fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 16, 2023

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought Galactic Battlegrounds owned, but I went back to it last year and everything took so long to destroy. It was boring as hell. Maybe I only liked it because I knew how to spawn Simon the Killer Ewok

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
To solve this important landmark legal case: please fill up these three tanks of liquid without making a mess.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Finished Pikmin 2 today and finishing FFXVI tomorrow. Productive weekend, and both games are pretty good but with major flaws.

Also been able to put a couple hours into Exoprimal and having an absolute blast. Never played anything quite like it.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I got the KOTOR1 port on Switch that was made by Aspyr. I dont know if its the game, the engine, the port, the writing, the controls, the camera, Aspyr being themselves, the weird D&D chassis, the Switch implentation, a combination of all those things, ???, but whatever it is going on there, KOTOR1 absolutely does noooooot hold up.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

uh oh i played the actual game of naraka a little bit and had some fun

that's after messing around in the training room for like 2 hours trying all the weapons and heroes, doing the first level of the pve mode (??), playing some of the card game (????) and doing the standard initial bot match (i queued up for trios but didn't tell it to fill my party so i just went ham with the pole sword and aoe'd all the bots down 3 at a time lmao)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/1680578783718383616?s=20

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Thank Cod they could sort that out

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

My fellow gamers, we're pleased to tell you today that we've signed legislation that will outlaw Sony forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Activision announces new military first person shooter "Order of Loyalty" exclusive to Xbox and Game Pass.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm sorry but if you play Call of Duty you should be conscripted into your country's military.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feldegast42 posted:

My fellow gamers, we're pleased to tell you today that we've signed legislation that will outlaw Sony forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

We have to evacuate the single game on the PS5 to safety

Khanstant posted:

I'm sorry but if you play Call of Duty you should be conscripted into your country's military.

I hope they appreciate my knife skills at gun game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Khanstant posted:

Wait, you mean I don't get to drop a nuke when I kill 25 bad guys?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
call of duty gives you a nuke if you kill enough people? isnt the perasno killing 25 people the person who needs a nuke the leasT?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the good version of a call of duty or any competitive team based gun violence game was called Battlefield 2042 and it was only available for a short time in highschool CAD/engineering classrooms once you finished your schoolwork

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

call of duty gives you a nuke if you kill enough people? isnt the perasno killing 25 people the person who needs a nuke the leasT?

You don't give nukes to the losers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Khanstant posted:

I think that's part of the idea.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So the cod fans get 2 more games before it is haloed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fortnite players stay winning.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If people still bought Call of Duty after Ghosts then they'll buy it after its been 343ed

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Khanstant posted:

Waffleman_ posted:

I think that's part of the idea.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

betting all my forumbucks that Activison announces two new FPS franchises next year: Modern Warfare and Black Ops.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Okay but what about the other studios and games that will now be exclusive to Xbox

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kefa posted:

Okay but what about the other studios and games that will now be exclusive to Xbox

What about them? The government failed to protect consumers so they will simply have fewer options to play games

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Khanstant posted:

What about them? The government failed to protect consumers so they will simply have fewer options to play games

I’m just tired of Xbox pushing this rhetoric how they’re the good guys and how they want everyone to have more choices when all they do is buy studios and lock ps players out of those studios’ games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ramie posted:

^a bit of research tells me that there was a Gungan faction in that game, which is incredibly funny to me

A lot of the Star Wars flavor in games seems pretty wasted to me because it's one of two things:

A) Familiar characters or factions in instantly recognizable locales, which are themselves throughly mined out by this point. All possible permutations have been done

B) Some obscure and dull lore that only like 2% of the fandom knows and is excited about. Oh I get to lead a legion of Vibrospeeders on planet Choochooba? who cares

But all the Star Wars games sell a billion copies so what do I know

Jedi Fallen Order, and Survivor, both managed to avoid these issues.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They already only had one game, don't take it from them

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No surprises at all, this was pretty much a given that this was going to happen. It alleviates any fears that the FTC, and CMA had.

Kefa posted:

It would be really nice to have Starfield on PlayStation.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Khanstant posted:

Sony didnt want to rock the boat about exclusives too much and this is the result. I wonder if Sony were more willing to put their games on xbox if this all would have been avoided

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Sony didnt want to rock the boat about exclusives too much and this is the result. I wonder if Sony were more willing to put their games on xbox if this all would have been avoided

I wouldn’t say that, were very happy to rock the boat for months until it became clear they lost their case in court alongside the FTC. Internal documents revealed in the court case showed that Sony didn’t even care about having CoD at all, they were fine with losing it, they just didn’t want Microsoft to own Activision.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just got back from a two week trip to Ireland and I never noticed how bad American chocolate tastes. Why is it like this?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hatty posted:

I just got back from a two week trip to Ireland and I never noticed how bad American chocolate tastes. Why is it like this?

there is, shockingly enough, an actual reason beyond lower production quality

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I think it's only Hershey's specifically though. Other chocolate doesn't taste like that

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

yeah, even other cheap lovely U.S. chocolate should still taste fine

a few weeks ago I had a Hershey bar for the first time in ages and :barf: it really does taste curdled, goddamn

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I literally grew up in Hershey, PA but after living in the UK for the last 15+ years yes, I can no longer eat the stuff

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Nothing should make an American more haded than tasting quality dark chocolate for the first time imo.

In a similar vein, after getting used to more natural peanut butter (with the oil and mixing and stuff), tasting JIF again for the first time in a long while made me feel sick. Why I'd there so much sugar in there??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is it pretty normal for food else where in the world to have a lot less sugar compared to American food?