Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/schristopheraz/status/1680391080934535170

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Inaugurating my new spice detector bidet with some Nalleys

I love the company slogan. “Nalley’s is adequate”

Perfect for a potato based sauce. Can’t aim to high on that one, or people will know it’s garbage.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

someone saw bread sauce and thought “this has too much flavour”

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

It's depressing to see the forums go from producing convincingly real photoshops to getting fooled by them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

To be fair, there's a lot of really awful food from mid 20th century America

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Xaris posted:

this was probably just bad QA (funny how that keeps happening??) so I didn't post it, but lol 4oz of broken junk

I think a lot of this is tied into the inability (or, rather, unwillingness) of these places to hire. so they are all understaffed and QA is always the first thing to get cut

also everyone being demoralized because they are understaffed causing them to do a generally lovely job

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Thanks to AI you can now have 1 sauces long

https://civitai.com/models/101215/ittybittykitty-cat-fluffusion-minipreview

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

super sweet best pal posted:

To be fair, there's a lot of really awful food from mid 20th century America

i think you mean technological advances from your trusted value added food processors bringing modern convenience to today's busy families without sacrificing flavor

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

thinkin bout that one swirly eye

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

skooma512 posted:

Every time I go to Target I end up needing to correct a price error. I only went in for a Red Bull and the cooler still had the old 2.50 price but it rang up as 3.

Now I’m wondering what errors I’m missing when I have many items in the cart and can’t remember the price on every one.

I once bought something not on sale that had a price tag of $17.99 but when I got home the receipt had it $5 higher. "That's strange," said customer service when I returned it. :fuckoff:

and Target intentionally keeps their prices higher in the stores than it does online for the same items & will adjust it if you point it out but that sucks.

I rarely shop there any more bc of that bullshit.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Weembles posted:

It's depressing to see the forums go from producing convincingly real photoshops to getting fooled by them.

pixel-detecting neurons not firing like they used to

animist has issued a correction as of 14:59 on Jul 16, 2023

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Lotta people here who can’t wipe their asses properly. Sad!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

animist posted:

pixel-detecting neurons not firing like they used to

There was so much awful food products produced in the 50s and 60s that it just felt plausible.

Or I can blame it on having to work a pair of unexpected midnight shifts for storm duty the past two nights. Either way, it’s me, the bad failure of a goon.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lotta people here who can’t wipe their asses properly. Sad!
Flushing is bourgeouis

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

joined bidet crew in 2020, never looking back. you are a big tube encased in flesh and appendages- get a bidet and a sonicare and be the cleanest tube you can be

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/StorySlug/status/1679869082672218115

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Turnquiet posted:

joined bidet crew in 2020, never looking back. you are a big tube encased in flesh and appendages- get a bidet and a sonicare and be the cleanest tube you can be

jean bidet ramsay

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Doesn’t long term profitability come at the expense of number today? And doesn’t that make number sad? And I thought we can’t have number being sad, because a sad number makes more numbers sad. And then there is no long term profitability anyways.

So might as well aim for the ground at full speed.

Did I do economics right?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

AI writing, AI animation, AI music generation and text to speech all exist, so studios are very close to being able to push a button and get a complete movie.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it would be funny if the USA destroyed its ability to make movies becuase of AI

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Bidetnomics

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

it would be funny if the USA destroyed its ability to make movies becuase of AI

They destroyed it long before AI came around.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jel Shaker posted:

i avoid the whole breakfast debate by simply not having breakfast, essentially doing intermittent fasting / calorie reduction until dinner

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

they make non-electric bidets that you can hook up your hot water line to and attaches to any standard toilet seat. it’s absolutely worth 80 bucks and takes 15 min to install. it makes vacationing difficult because my rear end has become soft from being so pampered

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jel Shaker posted:

i avoid the whole breakfast debate by simply not having breakfast, essentially doing intermittent fasting / calorie reduction until lunch

the notion of "complete breakfast" is a scam. if you're really really hungry have a bagel or apple or something.

being accustomed to eating 3x (or more :rolleyes:) a day just means you suffer more from any irregular disruptions to your routine

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

meanolmrcloud posted:

they make non-electric bidets that you can hook up your hot water line to and attaches to any standard toilet seat. it’s absolutely worth 80 bucks and takes 15 min to install. it makes vacationing difficult because my rear end has become soft from being so pampered

What temperature do you keep your hot water at? That's gonna be too hot for me.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

if you're really really hungry have a bagel or apple or something.

Make sure you eat the apple from the bottom up so you eat the core too and waste nothing

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

I rarely shop any more

this is pretty much where I am with all this. it’s totally infuriating and everything is complete garbage.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SKULL.GIF posted:

the notion of "complete breakfast" is a scam. if you're really really hungry have a bagel or apple or something.

being accustomed to eating 3x (or more :rolleyes:) a day just means you suffer more from any irregular disruptions to your routine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHIHl8Rw6W8

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

except for that bidet

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

i am harry posted:

this is pretty much where I am with all this. it’s totally infuriating and everything is complete garbage.

My choice of shopping malls are the sad one that's barely hanging on and only has 2 places left in the food court, the outlet mall that is packed wall to wall with people, or the ultra luxury mall that has velvet rope lines outside of the stores with a security guy that checks you in.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Twerk from Home posted:

What temperature do you keep your hot water at? That's gonna be too hot for me.

Tushy makes a model that will blend the hot and cold water with a knob to control it. Find the comfortable temp and just leave it there

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

BigWeirdSashimi posted:

Tushy makes a model that will blend the hot and cold water with a knob to control it. Find the comfortable temp and just leave it there

they may be British and unable to understand what a mixing valve is

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

i am harry posted:

i only buy used goods now unless there's a good reason not to

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

we don't talk about my rear end here c'mon

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Wait why are Crispix poo poo? That's been my go-to cereal for most of my adult life. :smith:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Wait why are Crispix poo poo? That's been my go-to cereal for most of my adult life. :smith:

you should not be eating cereal, its absolute garbage food.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

if grape nuts are bad for you I’m assuming all cereal across the board is unhealthy? I’m not sure a “healthy” breakfast option exists in that case aside from unflavored unsweetened oatmeal which might as well be wallpaper paste

e: my usual non-cereal option is a banana with my coffee, surely that can’t be too terrible health wise

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I thought putting a base level of minerals and vitamins in the cereal (aka fortifying) is what helped eliminate a lot of childhood diseases/issues. Not that there shouldn’t be better ways of doing that in today’s society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Rhesus Pieces posted:

if grape nuts are bad for you I’m assuming all cereal across the board is unhealthy? I’m not sure a “healthy” breakfast option exists in that case aside from unflavored unsweetened oatmeal which might as well be wallpaper paste

e: my usual non-cereal option is a banana with my coffee, surely that can’t be too terrible health wise

you eat a loving BANANA?? you hosed up big time, pal