Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

skooma512 posted:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/costco-just-planted-death-star-133000145.html

Costco might be winding down stocking Bud Light.

"Bud Light sales have been plunging since spring after an ill-fated social media marketing campaign caused political backlash. Data from Bump Williams Consulting and NielsonIQ suggests the brand sold 28.5% fewer beer cans in the week ended July 1. The week before, sales plunged 27.9%."

Also lol

"In response, Anheuser-Busch has initiated a temporary rebrand of the Bud Light product. Aluminum bottles of the beverage will feature camouflage prints and images evoking the “Folds of Honor” program that offers special educational assistance to the spouses and children of disabled and deceased U.S. Army veterans."

Support the gays or support the troops, an American dichotomy.

just little American flags on everything, cowards

our politicians already do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
just skip breakfast, it’s a stupid meal anyway and you’ll feel more energy if you just wait to eat until later in the day

oh wow it’s the MOST important meal of the day and there just so happens to be like some ungodly percent of the loving sugary food market trying to start your day with a fix of their arterial calcifying addictive poison oh wow! what a coincidence

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

LFM The Plaquemines (Extreme)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

just skip breakfast, it’s a stupid meal anyway and you’ll feel more energy if you just wait to eat until later in the day

oh wow it’s the MOST important meal of the day and there just so happens to be like some ungodly percent of the loving sugary food market trying to start your day with a fix of their arterial calcifying addictive poison oh wow! what a coincidence

I eat eggs and cheese usually OP.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

holy poo poo

pisssssssssssssss

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Ah, have we finally brought Bhopal home to the metropole?

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Captain Magic posted:

I'm not going to wait until 1 PM to eat my fruit and yogurt. Problem?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Poppers posted:

Joe Bidet

anyway

https://twitter.com/SonicWall/status/1680053114324353032?t=SsNwuQemjxek2OUBlCM2bg&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 23:52 on Jul 16, 2023

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

net work error posted:

Anime is good actually

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Captain Magic posted:

How is being hungry for the first 4 hours of the day supposed to make me feel more energy?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

wash bucket posted:

How is being hungry for the first 4 hours of the day supposed to make me feel more energy?

stop being hungry for the first four hours of the day then

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Shipon posted:

stop being hungry for the first four hours of the day then

I accomplish this by eating breakfast.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

We backed the wrong korea

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Crazypoops posted:

Beer should just come out of a hose labeled premium regular and unleaded

the premium beer has the lead for extra flavor :hmmyes:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

corona familiar posted:

the premium beer has the lead for extra flavor :hmmyes:

Should just ground up and add some premium consumer to it. I hear they are healthy.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

cool av posted:

20 eggs often my dinner

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

SARS-Cordyceps posted:

That's ok. Lentils aren't very good.

thank God this sick gently caress got banned

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

thank God this sick gently caress got banned

Who doesn't love lentils

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

let me tell you how disappointing it is to find out the rest of the nation does not have Coney Island type restaurants like we do here in Michigan. frequently 24hr greasy spoonesque places where you can get anything from 3 egg omelettes to grape leaves to flaming cheese to moussaka? every town should have at least a few, and not having this powerful, flexible dining option is hard to deal with out of state.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Who doesn't love lentils

apparently that sick gently caress

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i ate steel-cut oatmeal and baked beans for breakfast for years, the resultant poops were top notch

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just roll your oats like a normal person

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

no actually america backed the right korea :twisted:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm glad this type of cybercrime only occurs in non-white-American countries and not here cuz that would be terrible!1!1!:shepface:

https://twitter.com/GeorgiaLogCabin/status/1680519406022180865?t=XBm1xb-7ZrpzDtl7Tmdbqg&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 00:07 on Jul 17, 2023

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Captain Magic posted:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/xaviersonline_/status/1680281244796600320?s=20

$200 milion and they couldn't give him a physical prop gun?

if this was a dry run for "let's CGI and AI everything we possibly can" it failed miserably

Probably cheaper than hiring a union armorer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Anal Invasion

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/xaviersonline_/status/1680281244796600320?s=20

$200 milion and they couldn't give him a physical prop gun?

if this was a dry run for "let's CGI and AI everything we possibly can" it failed miserably

That pic is a few years old, idk how things can get much worse but I'm sure they have

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7sjaTI-RDU

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

palindrome posted:

Grape nuts were another all time favorite cereal. The box says very few grams of sugar, but guess what your body's metabolism complicates things and it may not, in fact be part of this balanced breakfast. Which in the 80's-90's was a big glass of orange juice, milk, buttered toast, and some carby cereal.

Kind of sounds unhinged to rant about cereal but I basically considered it a meal replacement. Whoops, high cholesterol now. Owned by marketing lol

It's funny because I tried grape nuts for the first time in forever recently because I was trying to get more fiber and they were WAY harder than I remembered. Like I had to set them aside to soak in the milk for a few minutes. Fast forward a few hours later I felt something sharp with my tongue and upon further inspection it was my tooth. Half of it was gone. I broke a filled tooth with the grape nuts and the hard bits I was chewing were little bits of filling.

edit: hope u all enjoyed my grandpa story about trying to get more fiber and breaking a filling

netizen has issued a correction as of 01:04 on Jul 17, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Who doesn't love lentils

People that need to come with a warning sign

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

blatman posted:

just roll your oats like a normal person

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Maed posted:

my chinese ex would just heat up some leftover dumplings for breakfast most days, definitely a pro breakfast. Chairman Xi, please come liberate us from our cereal overlords, our country yearns for breakfast dumplings

Breakfast and bidet chat both solved by having raisin bran for bkfast, boom

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

SKULL.GIF posted:

LFM The Plaquemines (Extreme)

gently caress that was my idea

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Lol US Treasury Chief: Ukraine Aid Is the Best Boost for Global Economy

www.voanews.com posted:

Redoubling support for war-stricken Ukraine is the "single best" way to aid the global economy, U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said Sunday, along with boosting emerging economies and tackling debt distress.Yellen also said on the sidelines of a G20 finance ministers' summit in India she would "push back" on criticism there was a tradeoff between aid to Ukraine and developing nations.

"Ending this war is first and foremost a moral imperative," she told reporters in Gandhinagar. "But it's also the single best thing we can do for the global economy."

Yellen also pointed to efforts to tackle debt distress faced by struggling economies, bank reform and a global tax deal, and warned it was "premature" to talk of lifting tariffs on China.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine — both countries are global breadbaskets that together exported almost a quarter of the world's wheat supply — triggered shockwaves in economies worldwide by sending prices for food and fuel shooting up.

Japan's Finance Minister Shunichi Suzuki, speaking after a G7 meeting of ministers, "reconfirmed the G7's unshakeable support" to Ukraine.

"We confirmed that Russia-owned assets that are under the G7's supervision would not be transferred until Russia pays damages to Ukraine," Suzuki said, adding that Moscow should also "pay long-term reconstruction costs."

Any discussion on Ukraine is awkward for G20 host India, which has not condemned Russia's invasion but is also part of the Quad grouping alongside Australia, the United States and Japan.

Yellen also cited debt restructuring progress in Zambia, which she discussed with Chinese officials in Beijing last week, and said she expected Ghana and Sri Lanka debt treatments would be finalized soon.

She said it was still too soon to lift restrictions placed on China during a trade war launched by former U.S. President Donald Trump.

"Tariffs were put in place because we had concerns with unfair trade practices on China's side, and our concerns with those practices remain, they really haven't been addressed," Yellen said. "Perhaps over time this is an area where we could make progress, but I'd say it is premature to use this as an area for de-escalation."

Yellen pointed to other work tackling debt distress and the reform of multilateral development banks, including the World Bank and other regional lenders, in efforts she said could unlock $200 billion over the next decade.

More than half of all low-income countries are near or in debt distress, double the case in 2015, she said.

G20 finance chiefs and central bank heads are due to meet Monday and Tuesday in Gandhinagar in Gujarat, the state where India's independence leader Mahatma Gandhi was born.

World Bank chief Ajay Banga warned of a "deep mistrust... quietly pulling the Global North and South apart" over issues such as the climate change crisis, post-pandemic recovery efforts, the war in Ukraine and a lack of progress in the fight against poverty.

"The Global South's frustration is understandable," Banga said in an op-ed. "In many ways they are paying the price for the prosperity of others. When they should be ascendant, they're concerned promised resources will be diverted to Ukraine's reconstruction; they feel aspirations are being constrained because energy rules aren't applied universally, and they're worried a burgeoning generation will be locked into a prison of poverty."

The International Monetary Fund said finding common efforts to tackle the weak global economy would be crucial.

The world will be looking for joint action to address rising economic fragmentation, slowing growth, and high inflation," the IMF said in a statement ahead of the meeting.

The G20 will also discuss cryptocurrency regulations, as well as making access to financing to mitigate and adapt to the impacts of climate change easier for developing nations."In the Global North, climate change means emissions reductions," Banga said.

"But in the Global South, it is a matter of survival, because hurricanes are stronger, heat-resistant seeds are in short supply, drought is destroying farms and towns, and floods are washing away decades of progress."

A newly agreed first step on a fairer distribution of tax revenues from multinational firms reached by 138 countries Wednesday is also set to be delivered during the G20 talks.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Orvin posted:

There was so much awful food products produced in the 50s and 60s that it just felt plausible.

Or I can blame it on having to work a pair of unexpected midnight shifts for storm duty the past two nights. Either way, it’s me, the bad failure of a goon.

the pixels can evade the best of us

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

The MIC is multinational, therefore kicking them back even more money means more global funds slushing around (for political kickbacks) - bing bong, so simple!

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

netizen posted:

It's funny because I tried grape nuts for the first time in forever recently because I was trying to get more fiber and they were WAY harder than I remembered. Like I had to set them aside to soak in the milk for a few minutes. Fast forward a few hours later I felt something sharp with my tongue and upon further inspection it was my tooth. Half of it was gone. I broke a filled tooth with the grape nuts and the hard bits I was chewing were little bits of filling.

edit: hope u all enjoyed my grandpa story about trying to get more fiber and breaking a filling

I feel like as a kid I remember having them occasionally but microwaved, kind of like an oatmeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Horseshoe theory posted:

The MIC is multinational, therefore kicking them back even more money means more global funds slushing around (for political kickbacks) - bing bong, so simple!

It's not really. The US has deliberately killed the arms industries of NATO members by refusing to offer production licenses, so that really only Germany, France, Britain and now Finland could produce the full range of required equipment for their militaries. For at least some things, from ships, to aircraft, down to tanks and rifles, members who have had their industries bought up and stripped for parts by the Americans must buy American because they can no longer produce, let alone design, their own equipment.