Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

"pro-Europeanism" on zelenskys party site yeah I'm sure that's not a Nazi thing

Integration into Europe has been a unifying idea since the 2014 revolution because previous pro-russian president went back on the policy and got run out the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Aesop Poprock posted:

Can't wait for these excuses to pool in

I'm sorry dude. no matter how much you post it won't bring the bridge back. :dings:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

KakerMix posted:

There is no reason why the bridge won't be hit again~

There's always next time for sure. :)

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Maybe they were in a coma for all of 2014 and then also all the intervening years but still believe themselves to be very well informed

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Aesop Poprock posted:

The Nazis: famous for wanting to be just one part of a large multi-ethnic union of liberal democracies.

What makes you super surprised that Ukraine wants to build economic and political ties with surrounding states other than their invading former colonizer?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Aesop Poprock posted:

They're Nazis you idiots

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Anyone who tries to proclaim Russia is less Nazi than Ukraine obviously has no idea about Dugin and his influence on Putin.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/21/alexander-dugin-who-putin-ally-apparent-car-bombing-target

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nah I'll admit I hosed up on that one but I was trying really hard. I've posted multiple times that if I'm wrong about this I'm wrong

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Nah I'll admit I hosed up on that one but I was trying really hard. I've posted multiple times that if I'm wrong about this I'm wrong

but don't let that stop you, professor

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

KakerMix posted:

a bit un-bridged, they say

drat. wait. THE bridge?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Paracausal posted:

Anyone who tries to proclaim Russia is less Nazi than Ukraine obviously has no idea about Dugin and his influence on Putin.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/21/alexander-dugin-who-putin-ally-apparent-car-bombing-target

Dugin has entered his hotep arc btw

https://twitter.com/Agdchan/status/1680274225712463872?t=1wk4SAsFDO3gAa-IJzyxZQ&s=19

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

what exactly were you trying hard about?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Am I like a Joe Rogan idiot though and all the images I've seen of confirmed Ukrainian soldiers who are nazis is wrong?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

Christ on a stick you're stupid.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Real Savitri Devi areas.The most sane Twitter poster.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

i’m excited to see more pictures of the bridge in the morning

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

LOL. tryhard

Loser

beeyotch

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

haha this is amazing. I've never seen "melanodermite" before, is that a translation artifact or something?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

Am I like a Joe Rogan idiot though

yes, 100%

quote:

and all the images I've seen of confirmed Ukrainian soldiers who are nazis is wrong?

I don't know what video's you've seen but it's clear you were biased and that watching those videos are only confirming your biases, and not actual evidence.

What you're doing is the same as "I always see immigrants in security footage of armed robberies, therefore all immigrants are robbers"

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:wtc:

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Am I like a Joe Rogan idiot though and all the images I've seen of confirmed Ukrainian soldiers who are nazis is wrong?
The problem is seeing that a few of the people on the Ukrainian side are bad and deciding this must mean "both sides bad"

The countries and people fighting against Nazis and Imperial Japan in WW2 were still really racist, that doesn't mean that both sides in WW2 were basically equivalent

There's absolutely a few shitheads in the Ukrainian army, but that doesn't mean their entire cause is wrong

spankmeister posted:

What you're doing is the same as "I always see immigrants in security footage of armed robberies, therefore all immigrants are robbers"
yup

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

i’m excited to see more pictures of the bridge in the morning

icymi (or it wasn't in here? I don't remember) there was this:

https://twitter.com/AndrewPerpetua/status/1680821838857814018?s=20

which is daytime and gives a decent view. but more should be out once you're back true enough

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

tiaz posted:

icymi (or it wasn't in here? I don't remember) there was this:

https://twitter.com/AndrewPerpetua/status/1680821838857814018?s=20

which is daytime and gives a decent view. but more should be out once you're back true enough

I dunno my uncle had a bridge just like that and it was fine and we still could supply our illegality occupied territory also he worked for nintendo

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
So that sort of damage would take a year to fix?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Uh just take a few sticks and prop up the bridge and then screw it back into place. As a bridge engineer it's insanely easy to replace underwater struts.

Well done Ukrailures :smug:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

KakerMix posted:

I dunno my uncle had a bridge just like that and it was fine and we still could supply our illegality occupied territory also he worked for nintendo

If the Mario Bros. could both goomba stomp it at the same time, and nothing happened to it, it'll keep

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

god please help me posted:

Somebody said end of year. The span didn't collapse into the sea but seems like a pretty similar situation overall.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Lost in the lolzers, but before the sun comes up can I just nominate General Bullshit > Ukraine War:

That bridge got loving rekt, lmao.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

That really depends on whether the pylon underneath the broken end is OK or not. If it is, then this is few months tops. if it isn't, its at least six months because they need to fix that before they can even start fixing the deck.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Kinda sad that guy got probed, that was some truly galaxy brain level excellent posting and I read really excited to see where it went next

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Oh so the thread turned like classic liberal imperialist at some point. Yeah that's cool don't worry that all the Ukrainians are tattooed with Nazi poo poo

You can accept that both countries are run by dipshits and we have no reason be involved and be ok with it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Please explain to the class how far west on the map of Europe we’d have to go before we run into people you think are worth helping or showing the slightest shred of empathy for.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

He can't he's on probation for 23 more hours!

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Ah, the blacks! Whose adorable pastoral society should be based on sacred traditionalist rural bullshit, and enforced melanation. Probably also a centralized language program enforcement. But definitely we need to venerate their simplicity, and make sure they're as obsessed with their skin color as we are! Go forth proud melanodermites!!!

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Jesus christ here I was going into 5 fresh pages of krim bridge info and takes to see this smooth brained twitter tankie come up with the dumbest already been covered hundreds of days ago two sides of the story poo poo a person can imagine

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

I feel like the title change invites more of that kind of behavior from attention-seekers. the bridge got hosed tonight, could we memorialize a significantly less-kerched Ukraine, instead?

edit: ty

Molothecat fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 17, 2023

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

AJA posted:

Lost in the lolzers, but before the sun comes up can I just nominate General Bullshit > Ukraine War:

:tipshat:

Also, seeing that the bridge is going to be out of commission for a good couple of months makes me pretty happy.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
what navy doing?!??!

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I mean I halfway want the thread title to have "melanodermite metaphysics" on it at some point because that poo poo was legendary, you could give it a whole exhibit in the museum of ashy hotep collab work

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I thought about "Ukraine War: Anazi the Spider" but that might have been a bit too esoteric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Toxic Mental posted:

I thought about "Ukraine War: Anazi the Spider" but that might have been a bit too esoteric

:laffo: