Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

cr0y posted:

You mean SMOzone

Stormshadows punching holes in the SMOzone layer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

what's the movie after Lebowski with the beachsplosions

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Russians should have read the travel advisories.

Always read the travel advisories.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Toxic Mental posted:

I'll let the thread decide if I should 6er you for this

No probe because hating anime at this point might be more cringe than posting it.

Lowtax is dead let chaos reign.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

beer_war posted:

Russians should have read the travel advisories.

Always read the travel advisories.

The Russian Government has been actively encouraging tourism in Crimea to help promote the idea that its Russia.

So yeah, travel advisories are nice, but they want people there.

weg posted:

No probe because hating anime at this point might be more cringe than posting it.

Anime is mainstream and almost more popular than domestic cartoons. I'm biased personally.

brushwad
Dec 25, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

what's the movie after Lebowski with the beachsplosions

It looks like "One Crazy Summer" starring John Cusack, directed by "Savage" Steve Holland.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Mortimer Knag posted:

I get being against war and whatever, I get wanting America to take care of it's people instead of spending 99% of it's money on new weapons, but like, the weapons are already built, the ones that aren't built yet will still continue to be built no matter who's invading who. You can't feed the weapons to people, so what do these pro-russian "leftists" want? They want America to just horde it's pile of exploders like another form of currency? That doesn't seem very left-leaning... Stopping an invading country from genociding another country seems like the best moral use of these weapons possible to me

The problem is so many automatically equating "leftist" with "moral". You can only play no true Scotsman for so long in this regard. Ideologues place comparatively little value on individual lives or suffering. See: his "who cares what happens to Ukraine, they're a right wing government", or historically, the entire Communist movement.

Once you reaize that no, simply being a leftist does not make one a good person, you'll release a lot of your confusion and tension regarding such people.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

how am I supposed to fall on my own sword defending the sexualized cruise missile if you all keep saying anime is good

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Mortimer Knag posted:

No probe, I like the shark

Yeah, the frickin' shark with a frickin' laser attached to it's head made me laugh, so I can begrudgingly let it slide.

It also reminded me that Austin Powers came out 26 years ago.

weg posted:

The problem is that it's only a matter of time before people start 'ironically' posting creepy schoolgirl pantsu or "she looks 10 but is actually a 1000 year old dragon" stuff.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What's that weird anime game on steam where you get to like gently caress a tank and stuff.

Or maybe play a tank that is trying to be hosed, I can't remember the exact details.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

GruntyThrst posted:

I’m not a bridgeologist so maybe it’s actually super de duper bad damage but I’d expect a missile or drone strike to just like, leave a big rear end smoking crater instead of a sad looking droopy roadway.

it's because it was an unmanned naval drone that blew it up from underneath

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anime is blood

Burns
May 10, 2008

Mozi posted:

What dolphin defence doing?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

The_Franz posted:

The problem is that it's only a matter of time before people start 'ironically' posting creepy schoolgirl pantsu or "she looks 10 but is actually a 1000 year old dragon" stuff.

Let's drone bomb that bridge when we get to it lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

brushwad posted:

It looks like "One Crazy Summer" starring John Cusack, directed by "Savage" Steve Holland.

Part of the "Better off Dead" trilogy! That only had two movies.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Mozi posted:

It also means that there is very good chance that the bridge is actually more hosed than what shows on the surface, since the place of explosion is on the pylon-deck connecting part.

Underwater structures really f****ing hate explosions, as air compresses but the water doesn't.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The_Franz posted:

Nope, I think you are capable of telling the difference. You can like mainstream anime without being a lolicon.

And yes, we would most certainly probe or ban you for posting that poo poo.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

The Russian Government has been actively encouraging tourism in Crimea to help promote the idea that its Russia.

So yeah, travel advisories are nice, but they want people there.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that Putin was personally recommending that people drive through the front to get to Crimea.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

cr0y posted:

Why in the gently caress would you take vacation to a place where the only route to get to and from said location is a very high value target in an ongoing war.

Guys, please have a little sympathy. I was in the same boat when our family vacation to Baghdad got cancelled in 2005. And the less said about the Kabul trip 2 years ago, the better.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

"We're so justified, we should do MORE crimes against humanity"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Deki posted:

Guys, please have a little sympathy. I was in the same boat when our family vacation to Baghdad got cancelled in 2005. And the less said about the Kabul trip 2 years ago, the better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY_sAs2O9BE

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Mortimer Knag posted:

I'm trying to understand anyone's opposition to it on any moral basis.

Left: The Ukrainian national identity should be extinguished because that would be inconvenient for the West.

Right: The Ukrainian national identity should be extinguished because that would be inconvenient for the Zionists.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Sashimi posted:

Its hard to imagine a lower bar to clear than this.

:haw:

Tree Bucket posted:

Thanks for the info. A drone-carrier Canberra class! That's... well, one of those "welcome to the future" moments.

You fool, that's merely the Admiral Kuznetsov's tactical permanent smoke screen.

it also serves as a navigation aid for returning aircraft! :science:
and any hostiles wishing to locate the carrier to attack it :byoscience:

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Are there any other bridges that are strategically useful to russia that would make good targets for ukraine to pop? I thought seeing kerch get blammo'd would slake my lust for bridge death but I think it just made it worse:ohdear:

I mean, they have been, they damaged/destroyed some bridges from Crimea to the Ukrainian mainland recently, for example.

Phyein posted:

The problem is so many automatically equating "leftist" with "moral". You can only play no true Scotsman for so long in this regard. Ideologues place comparatively little value on individual lives or suffering. See: his "who cares what happens to Ukraine, they're a right wing government", or historically, the entire Communist movement.

Once you reaize that no, simply being a leftist does not make one a good person, you'll release a lot of your confusion and tension regarding such people.

It is amazing and disappointing to me how many people haven't really thought through anything and just accidentally have some correct positions, have no ethical convictions backing their politics, just decide on their stance once at 16 or whatever and then that's it forever.

wet_goods posted:

Metal…gear?!?!!

:3:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Are there any other bridges that are strategically useful to russia that would make good targets for ukraine to pop? I thought seeing kerch get blammo'd would slake my lust for bridge death but I think it just made it worse:ohdear:

Sure there are, but Putin doesn't care about any of them like his beloved Kerch bridge. It's the one grand work Putin has to show for his presidency, especially after the rest of the world spent the entirety of the olympics and world cup laughing at how Sochi was a cesspit of tarps, dogs, weird toilets, corruption, and misery.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

I for one, thank you

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Lose the girl and make two Laser Sharks. :kiss:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The_Franz posted:

Sure there are, but Putin doesn't care about any of them like his beloved Kerch bridge. It's the one grand work Putin has to show for his presidency, especially after the rest of the world spent the entirety of the olympics and world cup laughing at how Sochi was a cesspit of tarps, dogs, weird toilets, corruption, and misery.

Remember Bob Costas Pinkeye?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Well we have had tons of success looting museums. Why not activate the KIL-Bot-7000 and break the siege of bakhmut

Kil-bot gains sentiency and begins crushing vatnicks and slow march to moscow.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

cr0y posted:

Or maybe play a tank that is trying to be hosed, I can't remember the exact details.

It’s been a long while but this sure sounds like my time in world of tanks.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Kil-bot gains sentiency and begins crushing vatnicks and slow march to moscow.

I fail to see how this does not make Putin's regime even stronger.

...Is what I would say in that scenario, if I were a massive idiot.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Der Kyhe posted:

I fail to see how this does not make Putin's regime even stronger.

...Is what I would say in that scenario, if I were a massive idiot.

This is also, somehow, good for Bitcoin.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

The_Franz posted:

There's something poetic about his grand work being primarily done by firms from western countries.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1680986665915957250#m

"Let some small cars try to cross, and if it doesn't collapse, we'll let some larger ones go."

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Should have waited to let more russians over back into russia before blowing it up imho

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Karate Bastard posted:

Should have waited to let more russians over back into russia before blowing it up imho

This is the season of Russians migrating to Crimea

It was preemptive

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Karate Bastard posted:

Actually no? It places pressure on Crimean based resources, its more advantageous to keep them trapped there and make it Russian Forces problem in Crimea.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
BUt more to the point - I can't believe Ukraine is sabotaging the grain deal to starve the global South - AGAIN!!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

This is the season of Russians migrating to Crimea

It was preemptive

They'd already been doing that for years. I doubt this year (or last) has increased it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

Why? The propaganda inside Russia is almost impenetrable; this is something that will spread word to mouth and cannot be disputed as so many were affected or inconvenienced. And since it happened again, it shows that their special military operation is going to shitter as they cannot even keep their indestructible bridge, the pride of the tsar and the primary target for military protection, open.