Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

i say swears online posted:

what's the confluence of dumbest but yummiest animal

Chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
it's deer

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

AxGrap posted:

Veggies are good!

Oh totally. Vegetables are delicious. We are not taught to prepare them in tasty ways though

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

bedpan posted:

Oh totally. Vegetables are delicious. We are not taught to prepare them in tasty ways though

My family rented the upstairs apartment from my grandparents when I was growing up, and they kept a full garden, and I now realize I got so loving spoiled with the availability of fresh vegetables and fruit.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Cooking squid tonight and giving kid 1 a little biology lesson.

Found a bunch of marked down chard and not sure what to do with it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

AxGrap posted:

That a good learning project!

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

mllaneza posted:

That a good learning project!

It is! Jet, water pressure, painting with the ink, the beak and the guts were fun. Thinking about getting "confucius style" chicken tomorrow to do another fun lesson. Idk exactly what "confucius style" means exactly and google isn't helping, but it looks like just a style of butchering where you leave the head and feet on.

I'm really hoping to instill "food is precious" into my kids and this seems the best way. We are far too separated from the source of food as a culture imo.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

AxGrap posted:

Found a bunch of marked down chard and not sure what to do with it.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Well gently caress I have half this stuff so this might be it. Is chard just treated like other tough greens? Collard, mustard, beet etc? I'm blanking on if I've ever cooked with it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

not huge on chard, but it doesn't have any intensely bitter flavor. it's more like big fibrous spinach. note that chard isn't tough, it wilts less than spinach but what doesn't

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

AxGrap posted:

Well gently caress I have half this stuff so this might be it. Is chard just treated like other tough greens? Collard, mustard, beet etc? I'm blanking on if I've ever cooked with it

it’s a basic green. popular mostly for its cool colors I think.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

i say swears online posted:

what's the confluence of dumbest but yummiest animal

Human, but only because of how loving stupid they are on average.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

EDIT: NVM

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Chard makes my mouth very itchy and bumpy. Not a fan. I googled it and found its not a totally uncommon reaction.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
You guys help I can't stop eating beets

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ooo, make borscht so you can drink beets too

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Eat more beets then

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

boof the beets

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Love the beets

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Look up Key Sir an Ethiopian dish, we were having it like 3 times a week for months it's so good.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Arbeet's: we have the beets

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

AxGrap posted:

Look up Key Sir an Ethiopian dish, we were having it like 3 times a week for months it's so good.

There are some chicken restaurants in Boulder/Denver called The Post that serve a side called Beets & Sweets: sauteed beets and sweet potatoes served with whipped goat cheese and arugula pesto. I can make a passable facsimile and it's become a holiday side in my house.

I'm also working up a Popeye ripoff but he eats beets instead of spinach.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Also shaved beet salad is amazing. (I do a mustard vinaigrette and soft cheese). A zoodle or spiralizer takes up a little cupboard space but it def has some baller uses. They used to be all over at thrift stores.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Post the beets

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
you prepping those beets or just raw dogging them?

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

you prepping those beets or just raw dogging them?

Raw beets is pure beets. Gotta be thin as hell tho.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

AxGrap posted:

It's a small thing but I have houseguests and one is my buddy that was for most of his life a "I don't like vegetables" guy, and I made up some massaged kale salad with oil and lemon juice and Parm , and roasted carrots in honey and oil and he loves them and it was a tiny personal victory for me. Veggies are good!

sounds like hell be dead in ten years, so you lost the war.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Lpzie posted:

sounds like hell be dead in ten years, so you lost the war.

My cooking kills way quicker than that... We'll see

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

We're Back!

Welcome to Iron Chef Something Awful #73: Courgette (Zucchini)

Forums user Scientastic will be hosting an ICSA for this common garden vegetable (or berry maybe?) which is usually in huge overabundance at this time of year. ICSA was hugely disrupted over COVID and I think it's one of GWS' best ways to showcase the talents of people on these forums. Because of this, I want to make this an ICSA for the ages.

So, attention posters! I am going to be very aggressive about promoting this event, which will run until the end of August, and then a brief voting period.

Battle Zucchini: Put up your DZukes!

angerbot has issued a correction as of 03:41 on Jul 22, 2023

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

angerbot posted:

We're Back!

Welcome to Iron Chef Something Awful #73: Courgette (Zucchini)

Forums user Scientastic will be hosting an ICSA for this common garden vegetable (or berry maybe?) which is usually in huge overabundance at this time of year. ICSA was hugely disrupted over COVID and I think it's one of GWS' best ways to showcase the talents of people on these forums. Because of this, I want to make this an ICSA for the ages.

So, attention posters! I am going to be very aggressive about promoting this event, which will run until the end of August, and then a brief voting period.

Battle Zucchini: Put up your DZukes!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
why doesn't that link work for me :(

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

why doesn't that link work for me :(

Same

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Idk a dish yet but zukes sliced and fried rules, I can riff on that

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fixed!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

:confused:

3rd72123
Jul 22, 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca5S85mhFbE

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
made dinner with my first tomato and pepper harvest of the year from my tiny indoor vegetable garden :neckbeard:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

https://twitter.com/billybrizzle420/status/1680560670897520640

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019