Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Sound of Freedom thing is, like a lot of QAnon stuff, frustrating because liberals are adamant that protecting our implicated faves was worth absolutely suppressing the Clinton emails, Hunters laptop and the entire Epstein thing. As a result, now criticizing the ruling class or even noticing a growing number of things has been seceded to the right, who come up with deranged explanations without class critique, and anyone who asks about them is called a tinfoil hat Trumpist. The non-stop lying over covid in order to keep businesses open 1:1 led to this vaccine hesitancy thing catching fire and now leading to people denying germ theory, because the media and government threw away all of their credibility lying to our faces.

It's maddening because you would hope some of this energy would go to a positive cause, but nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Captain Magic posted:

there’s an amazing podcast, I can’t remember which but it had Dave Anthony as a guest, that talked about how loving stupid and crazy Jim Caviezal is.

like he thought God chose him to play Jesus, he walked around sets goosestepping like a Nazi, he regularly put stuntmen’s lives in danger, he thought he was a real cop because he played one, etc

pretty sure it was qanon anonymous, and yes it was good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

The Sound of Freedom thing is, like a lot of QAnon stuff, frustrating because liberals are adamant that protecting our implicated faves was worth absolutely suppressing the Clinton emails, Hunters laptop and the entire Epstein thing. As a result, now criticizing the ruling class or even noticing a growing number of things has been seceded to the right, who come up with deranged explanations without class critique, and anyone who asks about them is called a tinfoil hat Trumpist. The non-stop lying over covid in order to keep businesses open 1:1 led to this vaccine hesitancy thing catching fire and now leading to people denying germ theory, because the media and government threw away all of their credibility lying to our faces.

It's maddening because you would hope some of this energy would go to a positive cause, but nope.

it's going towards the greatest cause imaginable, making number go up

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hemingway was a hack who needs six words for a sad story check this out

number go down

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

RandolphCarter posted:

Hemingway was a hack who needs six words for a sad story check this out

number go down

check this out loser

Number down...forever!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

:negative:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1680980370106327043

Wolfers arguing with a community note over pennies.

Actual bottom line: wages are totally flat going back a few years when adjusted for inflation. Inflation has eaten up all of the wage gains from the labor market crunch.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Vox Nihili posted:

Actual bottom line: wages are totally flat going back a few years when adjusted for inflation. Inflation has eaten up all of the wage gains from the labor market crunch.

just gotta redefine how inflation is measured until it no longer even somewhat reflects real circumstances

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

the precision needed to fact check 7 cents over 3 years is more than lost in the CPI rounding. thank you professor

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

im a big dumbass is this guy saying after almost 4 years people get to enjoy an extra $8 a week in normal wages

veepfake has issued a correction as of 19:50 on Jul 17, 2023

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vox Nihili posted:

either way you slice it bidenomics now apparently includes a year of trump lol

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Frosted Flake posted:

working as intended.

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin

trevorreznik posted:

Andor seemed to at least have movie-level sets and location shooting. I don't get how they're spending so much on the knockoff MCU shows that look awful and don't have any high profile cast to pay, either. Sure, Secret Invasion probably cost a lot because Cheadle & Jackson could probably command 10m each, but She-hulk being the same price makes no sense.

35m per episode. opening made by lovely AI

someone is scamming someone else

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Green-screening a conference room at Best Western. My God.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Big Bad Idiot posted:

35m per episode. opening made by lovely AI

someone is scamming someone else

haha holy poo poo what the gently caress

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Green-screening a conference room at Best Western. My God.

I saw someone point out that set designers are unionized and CG artists aren't.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
That pic is from 2019 during reshoots of... Some other garbage

It's way, way worse now

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Oldest Man posted:

haha holy poo poo what the gently caress

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

veepfake posted:

im a big dumbass is this guy saying after almost 4 years people get to enjoy an extra $8 a week in normal wages

he's saying that wages are still up $2.80 per week from January 2020 after adjusting for inflation, arguing that it should be measured from January of 2020. If you instead measure from March of 2020 wages adjusted for inflation are down about $4 per week.

the pathetic back and forth slicing and dicing is almost totally meaningless, the takeaway is inflation ate up all of the nominal wage growth

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

wash bucket posted:

I saw someone point out that set designers are unionized and CG artists aren't.

Cutting off my own dick and balls to destroy labor

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol what covid lockdowns, no one in the US was forced to stay indoors at any point

Everyone and everything in PA got declared essential

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

even construction job sites that were shut down for a while were open again by June 2020

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Better hope nursing still pays well for the next 20 years, Boomers.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

its bad news because now they'll have even more time to vote for fascists

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Saltpowered posted:

She-Hulk has always been a self-aware and goofier comic. In the late 80s run she got into a fight until he Supreme Court that’s similar to a scene in the show.

The comic leaned even harder into the legal side of things in the 2000s and then had a very comedy/law focused run right around the same time Harvey bird man was popular. I’m sure both had an influence on each other and the scope of the shenanigans but She-Hulk has always been an attorney who frequently represented superhumans.

I don’t think it’s an accurate take to just say it’s a rip-off of Harvey Birdman but with a woman.

it still boggles my mind reactionary fake nerds pretended to like the "rEaL" She-Hulk who in their internet poisoned minds is just edgelord bullshit thats literally never been the character! There was no way a She-Hulk adaptation was ever going to be anything other than a big budget Ally McBeal!!

And good on them i hope the dorks die mad:colbert:

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 20:19 on Jul 17, 2023

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Cheesus posted:

they’ll just scream slurs at the underpaid Filipino and Haitian home care workers

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

They're also doing an Ally McBeal reboot

50 million per episode

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
studios used to know how to write, produce and shoot a film so they would get all the necessary scenes during production. but everything's a reworked mess now and sometimes you really need nick fury to explain your plot and oh poo poo Sam Jackson is in Madrid this week but he has a a few hours on thursday, send a crew we need him

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

skipmyseashells posted:

they’ll just scream slurs at the underpaid Filipino and Haitian home care workers
Oh I thought they didn't want the dirty immigrants here?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

They're also doing an Ally McBeal reboot

50 million per episode

Are they bringing Calista back?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Beached Whale posted:

Tech guys in Texas are currently in the Finding Out phase

Isn't it hotter than Satan's butthole in Texas right now? Oh gee I wonder why people aren't out house hunting in 120 degree weather.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cheesus posted:

It can but lol enjoy getting your diabetes foot wound debrided by a nurse on hour 74 of their work week

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

smug jeebus posted:

Are they bringing Calista back?

[image of Calista Flockhart covered in 3d mo-cap dots and holding a prop gun in front of a green screen]

back to 1999 yeah

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its bad news because now they'll have even more time to vote for fascists

CNN's 2020 exits by age.

I mean yeah, but what choice do we have between the two fascists who are running? :shrug:

Interestingly, yougov's current head-to-head shows Trump leading among all age groups 30+.

(plus obligatory lol at xers)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Shear Modulus posted:

it's going towards the greatest cause imaginable, making number go up

There is but one god and It's name is Number.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

skipmyseashells posted:

:ssh: the filipino & haitian home care workers are increasingly xers & boomers too.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Cheesus posted:

Oh I thought they didn't want the dirty immigrants here?

who's "they"?

xers? or the half of all millennials who say they're going to vote for trump next year?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

CNN's 2020 exits by age.

I mean yeah, but what choice do we have between the two fascists who are running? :shrug:

Interestingly, yougov's current head-to-head shows Trump leading among all age groups 30+.

(plus obligatory lol at xers)

Two fascists? Weird, let's check in on how the olds voted in the presidential primary election to find out why!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Two fascists? Weird, let's check in on how the olds voted in the presidential primary election to find out why!

lol, as if age were the determining factor in the nominee selection for the democrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

altho it was a boomer (obama) who prolly did the most to select biden so :shrug: