Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol looks like what I literally ate for lunch today

Aka embarrassing trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Soul Dentist posted:

Lol looks like what I literally ate for lunch today

Aka embarrassing trash

This is another one of those AI images where you can’t tell what anything is if you look at it closely

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Bird I hope the CFO is impressed

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The boiled steak bandit strikes again!

Check page 170 for his previous recipe anyone who needs a reminder lol.. enshrined in the thread title for awhile now!

Bwbd wins again

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 17, 2023

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

sock it to me! posted:

Bird I hope the CFO is impressed

I’ve been promoted to regional manager and the CFO invited me to date his 44 year old unwed daughter.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

bird with big dick posted:

I’ve been promoted to regional manager and the CFO invited me to date his 44 year old unwed daughter.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Washington state 4-year-old dies after choking on hot dog at Costco

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

do they sell coffins at costco?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The Saucer Hovers posted:

https://www.costco.com/funeral.html

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

You know it

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

wtf is happening

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They even come with a refill.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

They even supply the grave diggers.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Yes but you have to buy 2 and they make you sit at the register while some poor sod has to run all the way to the back of the store to get another one if you forget

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

They even supply the grave diggers.

Photoshop a Kirkland logo on the hats.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
any recs for vogon food for vogons

besides bitchin sauce

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bird with big dick posted:

Put together a sort of cheese plate/charcuterie with mostly Costco ingredients for a work get together I’m hosting I hope the CFO is impressed.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hot dogs are the deadliest food for children

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18455807/

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

Wayne Knight posted:

Was about to pull the trigger on a new appliance from lowes. item + install + old one hauled away: ~$1000

Then I wondered, "Does Costco carry this?"

Same model + FREE INSTALL + FREE HAUL AWAY: $700

PBUC

Did the same thing with a failing fridge last week. $300 off the already discounted price, plus delivery, install, and haul away. Beautiful.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
300,000 people at your local Costco and nobody knew the Heimlich maneuver?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This was on the front page of slickdeals today

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

That seems like...not very a good deal? Especially if you're only limited to two. Maybe there's some meta around gold bars I'm not aware of, just comparing it to current/past gold values.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I saw some YouTube video of a vending machine in Singapore selling similar bars.. I think the image is supposed to make them collectible or something stupid like that.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

bizwank posted:

That seems like...not very a good deal? Especially if you're only limited to two. Maybe there's some meta around gold bars I'm not aware of, just comparing it to current/past gold values.

:goonsay:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I have no idea what you do with physical gold bars, other than let them sit in your home for decades

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I have no idea what you do with physical gold bars, other than let them sit in your home for decades

Home defense

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bizwank posted:

It's mildly cheaper than I see online for similar, plus they probably don't charge extra for using your credit card, so it's a couple hundred less.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yeah? you keep them as a store of value for use in an emergency. Lots of cachet with preppers that I think is unlikely to payoff. It is a way to diversify your investments. Then hope you don't lose it or get robbed, and that gold is valuable when you need and you have enough to cover what you need.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hasn’t the value of gold actually been going up? I thought I read about it. I mean you probably get ripped off on the merchant fees or whatever but gold is a legit investment product.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

I thought you were supposed to buy those and flip em right away to cash in a billion dollars in credit card rewards

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/fH3Lseg.mp4

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

just some extra protein, nbd

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Vegetable posted:

Hasn’t the value of gold actually been going up? I thought I read about it. I mean you probably get ripped off on the merchant fees or whatever but gold is a legit investment product.

no it's not, it barely keeps pace with inflation.

the idea of gold as an investment product was cooked up wholesale in the last few decades in order to convince a bunch of senior citizens to buy "gold" i.e stock certificates in a company that claims to hold the gold for you.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its a legit investment product inasmuch as its a bet that society's gonna go to poo poo, but not other societies around you

everything goes to poo poo, you can't eat gold

society doesnt go to poo poo, it has absolutely dire returns. basically 0 net inflation

just country x goes to poo poo but country y is basically fine, you smuggle the gold out and bob's your uncle

sucks for you if you're not good at smuggling or if you dont wanna move

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 17, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
NFTs are way lighter for when the Happening is happening

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
nobody's actually tried it before w nft's, but its absolutely routine in societal collapses before for bastards to take the gold and run to argentina, america, etc

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

EAT FRESH!!!!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I thought I was in the Diablo 4 thread for a moment drat

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Went to Costco and enjoyed a Dog with mustard and Soda. Brought a slice of pep home for dinner.

Got some Brownie Brittle, M&Ms, Godiva Chocos and also Rotisserie Chicken and Tuna for the kitties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

any recs for vogon food for vogons

besides bitchin sauce

A-sha noodles, the microwaveable yakisoba noodles, Rosarita and Frontera refried beans, Skinny Butcher Chik’n Patties are GREAT, Bachan Japanese BBQ Sauce, everything bagels, that’s all that comes to mind right now.

Occasionally the deli/refrigerated/prepared meal stuff has great surprises that come and go. There was a Petite Pot vegan dessert thing, vegan macaroni that was aces, a chickpea curry that was also super yummy.