Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, as if age were the determining factor in the nominee selection for the democrats.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1101186/south-carolina-democratic-primary-exit-polls-share-votes-age/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Wolfers is Bill Mitchell in economist attire

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I have cast the spell "OLD PEOPLE" and it has summoned willa to the thread.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

typical avocado toast eating millennial

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Cheesus posted:

Oh I thought they didn't want the dirty immigrants here?

It's so funny watching my mother spew Fox News bullshit about immigrants taking Americans' jobs then in the next breath talk about how the shop down the street is understaffed. WHICH IS IT, MA??

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

more like the "BULLSHIT ABOUT OLD PEOPLE" spell, lol; ofc I'll correct it. :wink:

lmfao that half of all millies are planning to vote for trump next year, about the same as the xer vote split was in 2020.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

rolling the dice on the chaos elemental

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

hmm. turns out old people and young people can both go gently caress themselves.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, as if age were the determining factor in the nominee selection for the democrats.

as much as any other, really

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj8xB8jKG94

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

as much as any other, really

importantly, Bernie Sanders himself preferred Joe Biden to be the democratic nominee in 2020

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

it still boggles my mind reactionary fake nerds pretended to like the "rEaL" She-Hulk who in their internet poisoned minds is just edgelord bullshit thats literally never been the character! There was no way a She-Hulk adaptation was ever going to be anything other than a big budget Ally McBeal!!

And good on them i hope the dorks die mad:colbert:

I’ve always been really confused about what those people wanted or expected which I guess is the whole point of a side plot of the show where the group of MRAs with no clear plan or vision attempt to slutshame her and steal her blood so they can become hulks.

Secret Invasion by contrast might as well have been written by AI with the prompt: “Jack Ryan season 3 but with aliens instead of rogue Russians. Also Jack and Luka are the same person.”

Jack Ryan was 8 episodes of around an hour each at $8M per episode so it only cost around $70M. Disney made a lovely rip-off for more than 3x the cost. It’s honestly mind boggling how bad they are with money. Secret Invasion is roughly $40m per episode and it’s difficult to put into words just how poorly made it is. It’s Disney’s Morbius.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

bedpan posted:

importantly, Bernie Sanders himself preferred Joe Biden to be the democratic nominee in 2020

so you're saying the blame lies w/ the silent generation...

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

JamesKPolk posted:

so you're saying the blame lies w/ the silent generation...

yep. boomers don't even have full control of the ship of state. silent generation still has their hands on the tiller.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Wait till the dead-eyed xers & millies like harris & buttigieg are in charge; then things will turn around!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

Wait till the dead-eyed xers & millies like harris & buttigieg are in charge; then things will turn around!

they don't call them generation next for nothing

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

The Sound of Freedom thing is, like a lot of QAnon stuff, frustrating because liberals are adamant that protecting our implicated faves was worth absolutely suppressing the Clinton emails, Hunters laptop and the entire Epstein thing. As a result, now criticizing the ruling class or even noticing a growing number of things has been seceded to the right, who come up with deranged explanations without class critique, and anyone who asks about them is called a tinfoil hat Trumpist. The non-stop lying over covid in order to keep businesses open 1:1 led to this vaccine hesitancy thing catching fire and now leading to people denying germ theory, because the media and government threw away all of their credibility lying to our faces.

It's maddening because you would hope some of this energy would go to a positive cause, but nope.
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1575900626659205122

The suggestion that the U.S. caused the damage was circulating on online forums popular with American conservatives and followers of QAnon, a conspiracy theory movement which asserts that Trump is fighting a battle against a Satanic child-trafficking sect that controls world events.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

antiwar is qanon now *awooo*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bedpan posted:

yep. boomers don't even have full control of the ship of state. silent generation still has their hands on the tiller.

?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

holy poo poo how am I supposed to afford a car now Jesus Christ these prices are insane

I'm tall too so I need something I can fit into and now everything is Luxury and Sport editions??? this is even worse than I thought

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lmao @ the senate

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

definitely one of the more bizarre cspam theories

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Lol Nordstream. Like there are so many countries with deepwater military teams capable of performing that operation, and Russia definitely blew up their own investment :rolleyes:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
ok but we totally blew that up right?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Koirhor posted:

ok but we totally blew that up right?

It was us and we blamed the Ukrainians lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1575900626659205122

The suggestion that the U.S. caused the damage was circulating on online forums popular with American conservatives and followers of QAnon, a conspiracy theory movement which asserts that Trump is fighting a battle against a Satanic child-trafficking sect that controls world events.

lmao, poor sy hersh, thrown in the dustbin with the chuds.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

right

Iverron
May 13, 2012

7 cents an hour that’s bidenomics

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

who's the one millennial in the senate?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Wait, that chart is as of the 2020 congressional elections.

I doubt it's changed that much but I'd like to see an update.

edit: found it

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 22:52 on Jul 17, 2023

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

who's the one millennial in the senate?
ossoff, who campaigned in 2017 in the most expensive house race on centralizing data servers and magoo'ed into running during a pandemic and economic crisis

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ossoff winning of course validates the theory that they should keep running the beto o rourkes and stacey abrams over and over again

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'd totally forgotten about him. Another deadeye for the youngun pile.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

afaik american state and local electoral politics is almost entirely 'hey i remember that name from that sign one time' so i may have to begrudgingly admit they are right

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ossoff winning of course validates the theory that they should keep running the beto o rourkes and stacey abrams over and over again

does anyone happen to have the ossoff ad where hes just texting donald trump that hes bad and not saying anything

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

last time i checked ossoff deleted stuff like campaigning on centralizing data servers from his youtube channel

i also remembered the dsa phonebanked and campaigned for him in the 2021 special elections after he explicitly disavowed policies like medicare for all. the democrats having majorities in both chambers turned out to be really funny so thanks dsa et al

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

last time i checked ossoff deleted stuff like campaigning on centralizing data servers from his youtube channel

like tears in the rain............time to die

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Defund the police by replacing their pay with a commission based on how many fines they give out, that will fix the economy.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jon Irenicus posted:

holy poo poo how am I supposed to afford a car now Jesus Christ these prices are insane

I'm tall too so I need something I can fit into and now everything is Luxury and Sport editions??? this is even worse than I thought

good question! simply borrow $38,000 at 10% interest and repay it over an 84-month period

you may not think you need a Luxury or Sport edition vehicle but once you find out that they're the only ones on the lot and not on 9-month backorder you may start considering a big splurge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

refinance later, just make sure you have enough food to make it until then