Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
My mate had his hair installed in Turkey, I'll get him to check his many kidneys he hasn't got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Next Tory leadership contest to be decided at tournament of death

I might vote for a party led by Big F'N Joe tbh

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Tobias_Ellwood/status/1680974793867415554?t=ZfnwvpasIv-94OIIXq2BvA&s=19

Tories for the Taliban.

Also who kept those Opium farms open when UK/US forces were still in Afghanistan?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Fentanyl has taken most of the market.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Seems like the Dan Wootton story is even wilder and darker than was hitherto known:

https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1681032959770476544?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Failed Imagineer posted:

"came back with no kidneys" is definitely the way I would say "had one kidney removed"

Sorry but "no kidneys" is 100% correct as if you only have one kidney then the plural is inappropriate.

"I have one kidneys." Deranged etc.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Watch as this story gets zero traction as newspaper hacks rush to protect one of their own

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

smellmycheese posted:

She’s also threatening to sue anyone who says she shagged Boris when his wife had cancer. Important distinction. She shagged him before his wife had cancer

https://twitter.com/petronellawyatt/status/1680978233255157760?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Still not convinced that Jeremy Vine didn't gently caress with Bojo

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you just have to remember to put your kidney in a resealable plastic bag or they won’t let you bring it onboard with your hand luggage

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My uncle went to Turkey and when he came back they had fixed his eyes with something called a :airquote: laser :airquote:

it's a mad world out there

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jel Shaker posted:

you just have to remember to put your kidney in a resealable plastic bag or they won’t let you bring it onboard with your hand luggage
I just put my bag of hands in the cargo hold.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SixFigureSandwich posted:

My uncle went to Turkey and when he came back they had fixed his eyes with something called a :airquote: laser :airquote:

it's a mad world out there

Shame he just went out there to admire the Hagia Sophia

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/Tobias_Ellwood/status/1680974793867415554?t=ZfnwvpasIv-94OIIXq2BvA&s=19

Tories for the Taliban.

Also who kept those Opium farms open when UK/US forces were still in Afghanistan?

Another example of imagine if Jumbly Crumbly had tweeted this.

Not even to say they're wrong - half the reason the Taliban's return to fascism has been so heavy is because of the fallout of the famine imposed from economic sanctions they weren't prepared to handle the repercussions of so soon after taking control.

Does this mean the Taliban are good? gently caress no. Do innocent Afghani people deserve to starve because of that? Also gently caress no.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Why the gently caress is he like this?

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1680920054848794624

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They're all like this now. They know that the soundbite is all they'll show on the TV news so they just hit it over and over again.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Because there's no accountability at all. They could say "gently caress you, all of you" into the lens and it wouldn't mean a single thing in retrospect.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

The media just needs to make that the story. Make it clear the politicians are just repeating soundbytes. Or, do really loving long interviews, like 30-40 mins, regularly. Constantly hammer the same questions over and over and refuse to budge. Make these guys melt on screen.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/1680937880275808258

*opens door to own office*

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Thick of It ended after 3 seasons right?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

smellmycheese posted:

She’s also threatening to sue anyone who says she shagged Boris when his wife had cancer. Important distinction. She shagged him before his wife had cancer

https://twitter.com/petronellawyatt/status/1680978233255157760?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg
Wait, she only got 1k? That's loving pathetic.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Wait, she only got 1k? That's loving pathetic.

Not even her - reads like Vine won £1k and she’s using this as “proof” that she would too.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Cause of ~50% drop in advertising plus heavy debt load posted:

We're still negative cash flow, due to ~50% drop in advertising revenue plus heavy debt load. Need to reach positive cash flow before we have the luxury of anything else.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

winegums posted:

The media just needs to make that the story. Make it clear the politicians are just repeating soundbytes. Or, do really loving long interviews, like 30-40 mins, regularly. Constantly hammer the same questions over and over and refuse to budge. Make these guys melt on screen.

Why would they do that when they’re getting exactly what they want with the status quo?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Gonzo McFee posted:

They're all like this now. They know that the soundbite is all they'll show on the TV news so they just hit it over and over again.
Jeremy Corbyn gave thoughtful, nuanced responses to questions and it turned out that doing so was anti-semitic

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Red Oktober posted:

Not even her - reads like Vine won £1k and she’s using this as “proof” that she would too.

It's the £300k in legal fees that get you

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

TACD posted:

Jeremy Corbyn gave thoughtful, nuanced responses to questions and it turned out that doing so was anti-semitic

Yeah he was thoughtfully and nuancedly 7 out of 10 on things.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I think someone must have misheard someone say he was being anti semantic and then was too embarrassed to admit they'd made a mistake so just ran with him being anti semitic instead

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1681178661020377090?t=Ai323_lq4jFgXi3ZuV_3Vw&s=19

Ahahahahaha

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah he was thoughtfully and nuancedly 7 out of 10 on things.

It's a sad state of affairs when saying you're 7 out of 10 on something is being nuanced.

Any other politician is "10 out of 10 best thing ever vote for us!" or "0 out of 10 he should resign and be executed"

It's the yelp reviews of politics

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I hope this is one of the days Ed Balls is on GMB. I hope that loving turd squirmed

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Don't worry, in 2027 Starmer will announce a means-tested raise of the benefit cap to the three children. Toynbee will be vindicated, and anyone who tweeted "Sir Kid Starver" will be jailed. So make sure you vote in 2024. It will be the most important election in a of our lifetimes (TM). (Just waiting for them to import than canard from the US.)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/1681096323263594496

:(

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1681207950231175169

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Don't know if this is useful to anyone here but it might save a bit of money so worth a shot:

I've been looking at my energy consumption now that the govt price cap has been lifted, and it looks like the default tarrifs people were shifted to when everything went to poo poo late last year are now no longer the only game in town and despite firms still suggesting these are better than other tarrifs for the time being, that only applies to 'fixed' ones. I'm on Octopus and was using their 'flexible' tarrif which is what they lumped me with during the price cap. There's a nice app called octopus compare (which is independent of octopus) which lets you play with your data and see how you'd do on other tarrifs. Moving to agile octopus would have halved my bills over the last 6mo :doh: . Over the weekend just past they were *paying* you to use electricity.

https://energy-stats.uk/octopus-agile-north-western-england/

Interestingly, while the agile tarrif is nominally designed to benefit you most by moving your consumption around during the day, if I had done nothing at all different with my energy use I'd still have saved about 600GBP over the last 6mo. Part of that is the standing charge is much cheaper than the current flexible offering at 41p versus 49p/day, but the average cost per unit of electricity is also lower on average than the fixed unit rate on flexible.

StarkingBarfish fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 18, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

StarkingBarfish posted:

Don't know if this is useful to anyone here but it might save a bit of money so worth a shot:

I've been looking at my energy consumption now that the govt price cap has been lifted, and it looks like the default tarrifs people were shifted to when everything went to poo poo late last year are now no longer the only game in town and despite firms still suggesting these are better than other tarrifs for the time being, that only applies to 'fixed' ones. I'm on Octopus and was using their 'flexible' tarrif which is what they lumped me with during the price cap. There's a nice app called octopus compare (which is independent of octopus) which lets you play with your data and see how you'd do on other tarrifs. Moving to agile octopus would have halved my bills over the last 6mo :doh: . Over the weekend just past they were *paying* you to use electricity.

Interestingly, while the agile tarrif is nominally designed to benefit you most by moving your consumption around during the day, if I had done nothing at all different with my energy use I'd still have saved about 600GBP over the last 6mo. Part of that is the standing charge is much cheaper than the current flexible offering at 41p versus 49p/day, but the average cost per unit of electricity is also lower on average than the fixed unit rate on flexible.

This looks really good, cheers!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

StarkingBarfish posted:

This is the dream, getting paid overnight to charge the car. not currently possible where I am as no one will fit the required smart meter to my 3 phase supply. Think I've got this sorted for the next place, plus with a home battery to dump cheap/free/paid energy into.

Edit: Its you who to an extent that has to move your consumption around though, not like they do it for you.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

NotJustANumber99 posted:

This is the dream, getting paid overnight to charge the car. not currently possible where I am as no one will fit the required smart meter to my 3 phase supply. Think I've got this sorted for the next place, plus with a home battery to dump cheap/free/paid energy into.

Edit: Its you who to an extent that has to move your consumption around though, not like they do it for you.

Yep, I'm still not convinced proper battery storage pays for itself fast enough to cover the cost of battery degradation etc, but seeing several hours where the cost per unit was -8p/kWh makes it start to look very appealing. Instead I'll be heating up my water tank during those times for now. I'm on a heatpump that is controlled by an app which understands the octopus API- that's the one 'they do it for you' thing I've seen so far, but I'd imagine EV charging apps are getting smart enough to do this too?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah EV chargers at the very least have "charge between" times. I'm certain there's smarter ones that will update those times based on tariff. If not then there should be; goon project?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Major whipping operation in the lords doesn't sound like news to me.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its all very piecemeal

Like to get everything on board I think you'd have to replace every applicance in your home with magic new ones that dont exist. Like why doesn't my freezer know what energy costs and do a mega freeze over night down to -30 or whatever then not bother all day losing... freezedness, until its like -10 before it does it again the next night? Plus this 24 hour thing is still just hedging, I need to know to the microsecond the exact live price so the fridge can fire the compressor between the microsecond fluctuations.

Also presumably when everyone has this the price graph will just be a stabilised flat line, so early adopters need to grab all their -5ps now whilst they can to pay for the batteries.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jul 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016