Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

New Leaf posted:

gently caress YES, I did it.

Basically cheesed it with HE Lockdown for a few levels and crawled my way up on retreats. No shame. Ham was a late addition over Sunspot, decided knocking out a card was better than a few power in a location for the purposes of finishing the climb. The deck will forever carry the new card back.

Heck yeah, congrats!

And also thank you for posting the deck. I made it to 94 a few days ago and was getting a little tired of playing Bounce. Switched back to HE Lockdown, updating my deck to the version you posted, and also hit Infinite with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Thanks again everyone, feeling the love haha.

And yeah, always happy to help with a fun build. Even though it's not entirely original, some of the more popular builds don't necessarily work for everyone.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

New Leaf posted:

Basically cheesed it with HE Lockdown for a few levels and crawled my way up on retreats. No shame. Ham was a late addition over Sunspot, decided knocking out a card was better than a few power in a location for the purposes of finishing the climb. The deck will forever carry the new card back.

Congoontulations, and same. I really slow rolled this season and played almost nothing but ShuriRod on ladder outside of a very few games for missions that I didn’t feel like going to conquest for. Something about calculating where and how much of Nimrod’s power will end up on T6 seems to fly by a lot of opponents. When I started playing this deck a lot last season I pretty much never saw it but I’ve seen a lot of mirrors/near mirrors lately which is almost the only thing Knull is in the deck for; usually Shuri->Nimrod->Carnage/Venom is the pure win condition with an ideal Nova:Bucky/Wolverine drop in the first three turns. Destroyer and Zola don’t do a lot but are there as a side hustle with Electro sometimes when it’s all you’ve got to go with.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

New Leaf posted:

I appreciate this post because Lockdown never occurred to me.

Been literally waffling 93 to 88 and back SEVEN TIMES now using Sera Control, Phoenix Nimrod, and a few other things. Can’t crack 93.

Took this damage control method here and stop trying to win and starting bullying people out of games for 2-4 cubes each. Sitting at 95 now.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Psyker posted:

I appreciate this post because Lockdown never occurred to me.

Been literally waffling 93 to 88 and back SEVEN TIMES now using Sera Control, Phoenix Nimrod, and a few other things. Can’t crack 93.

Took this damage control method here and stop trying to win and starting bullying people out of games for 2-4 cubes each. Sitting at 95 now.

this is the way. goons showed me the light as i was struggling earlier on in the month.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maneck posted:

It's gross. Knull has already been out for six months. He should have been in P3 two months ago. Despite monkey business keeping him out of that pool, a huge chunk of the player base has him because he's a good card and has been P4 for a long time. Putting him in spotlights, repeatedly, when he's already such a dead draw is player hostile in a way that's become the norm since May.

The most that can be said of it is that Knull fits with August's destroy theme.

I opened my Knull this week. I haven't played him, but he's certainly been around a lot lately and my Spider-Ham has been doing work.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Nikumatic posted:

Congoontulations, and same. I really slow rolled this season and played almost nothing but ShuriRod on ladder outside of a very few games for missions that I didn’t feel like going to conquest for. Something about calculating where and how much of Nimrod’s power will end up on T6 seems to fly by a lot of opponents. When I started playing this deck a lot last season I pretty much never saw it but I’ve seen a lot of mirrors/near mirrors lately which is almost the only thing Knull is in the deck for; usually Shuri->Nimrod->Carnage/Venom is the pure win condition with an ideal Nova:Bucky/Wolverine drop in the first three turns. Destroyer and Zola don’t do a lot but are there as a side hustle with Electro sometimes when it’s all you’ve got to go with.

i think the problem with working out where the other person's nimrod(s) will end up is you cant really. unless you have already seen them drop carnage, venom and deathlok already they can absolutely alley-oop a copy back into the original lane. i have also been running invisible woman to hide killmonger behind for kitty pride/nebula/sunspot surprises and you can use her as a reservoir to hold an extra destroy for nimrod as well, if you draw them all but not shuri

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
94->100 today was real leisurely and clean. Surfer deck getting work done.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Are your Conquest opponents on the same level of a ticket that you are? Like, same tier of a ticjet as you?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 18, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

New Leaf posted:

Are your Conquest opponents on the same level of a ticket that you are? Like, same tier of a ticjet as you?

Yes I believe so. In addition to that, in Proving Grounds and Silver they also match based on your collection level. If there's collection level matchmaking in Gold and Infinite it's very loose.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Well my first spotlight attempt landed me the one card I knew I didn't want in the form of iron lad variant since I already had a good dan hipp for him.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Well my first spotlight attempt landed me the one card I knew I didn't want in the form of iron lad variant since I already had a good dan hipp for him.

Yeah I'm not touching this spotlight. Definitely want Legion, Jeff and Ravonna though

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is this token Tuesday a good deal

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is this token Tuesday a good deal

they are worse than the older token tuesdays - given how scarce gold is now, i wouldn't grab it. instead, wait for one of those big gold bundles similar to the black panther one to get a better bang for your buck. the problem is, they seem to be getting rarer; don't think there's another good bundle datamined yet for the same value?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Wait, they reset the Daily Offer progress bar each week?? fukkin lol

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Wait, they reset the Daily Offer progress bar each week?? fukkin lol

No, it doesn't reset at all.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Quackles posted:

No, it doesn't reset at all.

I had three pips before today and now I have zero nvm I still have 3/10 listed in text, it's just not showing the pips on the bar for whatever reason.

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 18, 2023

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Blew about 4500 credits in one sitting getting to the next spotlight cache, and got the only card I wanted out of it (Iron Lad). Excellent.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I had three pips before today and now I have zero nvm I still have 3/10 listed in text, it's just not showing the pips on the bar for whatever reason.

There's a visual bug. People were remarking on it last week. Don't worry though, there's been an official statement that progress will never reset until the bar is full. So if it does, report a bug.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Sorry for the double post, but a note to all: make sure to log in via the mobile client this week, as you can claim a gold Conquest ticket every day if you win 10 matches.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Finally S3 complete with M'Baku jumping out from a cache, probably gonna stop opening regular caches now like Last King wrote earlier since the contents suck now and there's no chance of getting any of the twelve S4/S5's I'm missing

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Hit infinite for the season, bounce is still crazy good. Only ran into a couple of Waves and none of them held her for turn 5.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

spent 2 of my 3 spotlights, echo and iron lad.

works for me!

EDIT: looking at the calendar for august I'm gonna need 2-3 caches per week, drat.

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 18, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The new Conquest "event" (if you can call it that) is fine, no major complaints, it's free medals for what I was going to do anyway.

BUT...visually, tapping into that "news" event is terrible because the back arrow is at the TOP of the screen. All other screens, I can navigate via the BOTTOM of the screen. Like...other "News" items on the main screen have a little red 'X' at the bottom.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

pray for my aunt posted:

Hit infinite for the season, bounce is still crazy good. Only ran into a couple of Waves and none of them held her for turn 5.

Same. This is the most clearly dominant deck I've seen. People are even trying to tech in Invisible Woman and Killmonger just for it

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m seeing a lot more Killmonger now

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Just in time for me to open Echo!!!!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

loving hilarious that I have to open my phone to even check that Conquest event. This game has been out a year and still doesn't have more than a bare bones functional PC client.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Devo posted:

loving hilarious that I have to open my phone to even check that Conquest event. This game has been out a year and still doesn't have more than a bare bones functional PC client.

My cynical assumption is that this event was very recently conceived as a band aid and there was no time to make it an actual part of the game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Devo posted:

It doesn't have a PC client at all - the Steam version is just the Android client running in a shell. Hints suggest that the native PC client with widescreen support is coming next month.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Jedit posted:

It doesn't have a PC client at all - the Steam version is just the Android client running in a shell. Hints suggest that the native PC client with widescreen support is coming next month.

If it's just emulating the Android client then it's weird that it can't do things like display the news or inbox tabs. I'm not a software developer though so maybe there's a good reason.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Was going for Iron Lad but picked up Echo and the Kang variant first. Even though I'd really like to luck my way into a Jeff, I don't think I want to play the mystery box game. Gonna just have to drop 6k tokens I guess.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm a little over 2/3rds series 4/5 complete so all these spotlight sets feel pretty bad.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Devo posted:

Was going for Iron Lad but picked up Echo and the Kang variant first. Even though I'd really like to luck my way into a Jeff, I don't think I want to play the mystery box game. Gonna just have to drop 6k tokens I guess.

More or less same for me, wanted iron lad and got him third cache, decided to get echo as my last pull.
Somehow I got three cards and a variant and don't feel great about it.
It's amazing that they thought this was a good direction to go in, because at least for me it's not very good

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Did you actually pull a new card from the mystery box? Because 3 new S5 cards in one day isn't too shabby IMO.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Devo posted:

Did you actually pull a new card from the mystery box? Because 3 new S5 cards in one day isn't too shabby IMO.

Yeah I got pretty lucky there, pulled master mold which I was planning on trying to get when his spotlight came up down the road.
I'm happy about getting master mold, but it feels also like I lost access to the new card that will be coming out the week he is in the spotlight. So a mixed bag of feelings on that one

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

cinnamon rollout posted:

Yeah I got pretty lucky there, pulled master mold which I was planning on trying to get when his spotlight came up down the road.
I'm happy about getting master mold, but it feels also like I lost access to the new card that will be coming out the week he is in the spotlight. So a mixed bag of feelings on that one

Mirage is going to be straight to series 4, so that might be a good week to skip and use tokens anyway. Unless you're still looking to pull Thanos that is.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Devo posted:

If it's just emulating the Android client then it's weird that it can't do things like display the news or inbox tabs. I'm not a software developer though so maybe there's a good reason.

Emulation unfortunately shares a realm with 'modifying the client' which most would consider cheating, hacking, etc.

Its heavily discouraged to the point of 'sabotage' depending on ur viewpoint

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Feel like I got lucky on this spotlight cache as well with the mystery card. I didn't have Iron Lad or Kang, and the first cache I opened gave me Living Tribunal. While maybe not a great card right now, at least it was one I didn't have, and it meant I got 4 new cards out of this week's spotlights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Emulation unfortunately shares a realm with 'modifying the client' which most would consider cheating, hacking, etc.

Its heavily discouraged to the point of 'sabotage' depending on ones viewpoint

Edit - like I would code it so it's difficult or impossible to emulate