Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

By popular demand posted:

Oh right all those characters I'm primed from childhood to think about as bad guys, the sesame street crew.

I mean, conservatives frequently lash out at Sesame Street for teaching kids lessons like 'you shouldn't judge people by their appearance' and 'sharing what you have makes the world a better place for everyone.' I still remember the blowup just two years ago when Big Bird was used in a pro-vaccination video. Or when Elmo's official Twitter account did an in-character Tweet about not paying for Twitter Blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Skios posted:

I mean, conservatives frequently lash out at Sesame Street for teaching kids lessons like 'you shouldn't judge people by their appearance' and 'sharing what you have makes the world a better place for everyone.' I still remember the blowup just two years ago when Big Bird was used in a pro-vaccination video. Or when Elmo's official Twitter account did an in-character Tweet about not paying for Twitter Blue.
Sesame Street is also a super successful show from public broadcasting, which you know drives them up the wall.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

what on earth is happening???

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Biden is trying to eat the baby. :ohdear:

It seems someone edited some videos of him in Helsinki by adding sounds so that it sounded like he was sniffing the child and then chewing on them or some poo poo.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Biden eat the babies

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
"The Lease We Could Do"

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

fool of sound posted:

Blood Libel.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I admit I didn't anticipate the pivot from "heh, you guys all have Trump Derangement Syndrome :smug:" to "Joseph Biden literally wants to devour babies" happening but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"The Lease We Could Do"

Oh my god

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pants Donkey posted:

Sesame Street is also a super successful show from public broadcasting, which you know drives them up the wall.

I tried to 'get' into Miss Rand Teachs to Read but I wanted to read Huckleberry Finn and she insisted on Adam Smith.
Also she strangled puppet Karl Marx.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Keir Starmer’s retention of the two-child benefit cap – Labour leader says that if his party attains power, it will stick with the Tory policy, which many have said drives low-income families into deeper poverty" After JL David.

Telegraph:

Ukraine’s sea drone attack on Crimea bridge signals shift in strategy

Matt:

UN warns heatwave to persist as Greece evacuates holiday homes amid wildfires

Times:

Evening Standard:

Amol Rajan says he will ‘try not to screw up’ role as new presenter on University Challenge

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Goddamn every bit of UK news makes me wonder how come the Tories haven't been dragged out before the headsman block and their heads put on spikes as a warning to the Labour party.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Well! That's certainly a penis.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Well! That's certainly a penis.
or a butt glued to his face

Either way, he’s got a profane face

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Profiting from wars by Song Chen

Charlie Hebdo

Protect our children from these horrors.
Macron gave quite the leg up for Uber compete with taxis in France.

The Tour de France is making new speed records
"Not for long."

It seems like Le Monde will be on Holiday for a bit. They did this last year after July 14th too.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"The Lease We Could Do"

I know this is satire, but ooooooooh that makes my blood boil.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Randalor posted:

I know this is satire, but ooooooooh that makes my blood boil.

Well, it should! More than most Kellies. this is the direct implication of anyone complaining* about land acknowledgements.

* Complaints from the right. I'm not referring to people who have a problem with them because they're the perfect summation of liberal version of restorative justice: an acknowledgment that violence took place and broadly naming the victims, but with no reference to the perpetrators or suggestions on how this wrong should be addressed. Obviously not those complaints.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

fool of sound posted:

"how did they get my spaghetti video??"

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The scare quotes around "papoose" just slay me and I can't even figure out why.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

This is an A. Wyatt Mann cartoon. He's even rubbing his hands together, covetously.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

The scare quotes around "papoose" just slay me and I can't even figure out why.

*latest fad

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

:latestfad:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I don't know who's the financially irresponsible person who bought this smilie but I blame them for me now looking constantly for a reason to use it.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

This is an A. Wyatt Mann cartoon. He's even rubbing his hands together, covetously.

It's amazing how similar they are.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 18, 2023

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I wasn't joking when I said it was Blood Libel. It's insanely blatant.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Around Biden, Start Hidin'!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Kellies Nomination: Best Edit/Parody

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

By popular demand posted:

I don't know who's the financially irresponsible person who bought this smilie* but I blame them for me now looking constantly for a reason to use it.

:latestfad:

See, it's not hard

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Ben Garrison posted:

VIVEK RAMASWAMY HOPS OVER DESANTIS IN TURNING POINT STRAW POLL
Cartoon published 07/18/2023

Over the weekend people attending the conservative Turning Point Action conference overwhelmingly voted for President Trump in a Republican primary straw poll. 87% backed Trump as the republican nominee.

Fight Back Against Corruption with a small Donation! Support Cartoons and Save America

That was no surprise. What was a surprise was candidate Vivek Ramaswamy who came in as second choice for the GOP nominee behind Trump.

Charlie Kirk stated:

“Vivek really showed up this weekend and the Turning Point Action straw poll results prove it. 51% of respondents picked this man as their 2nd choice candidate. Pretty remarkable how far he’s come in a very short amount of time.”

Vivek has leapfrogged over Fox News’ favorite, Ron DeSantis. In fact, DeMeatball did not even bother to attend the conference and the attendees expressed disappointment. “Vivek showed up and gave a great speech, and he was the clear second-choice favorite among our people” Charlie Kirk added.

STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW CARTOONS! SIGN UP FOR OUR GRRR-NEWS! IT’S EASY AND FREE!
We have no ax to grind against DeSantis, but the Florida governor is not drawing big crowds, nor is he generating a lot of excitement. Perhaps it would have been better for Ron if he had waited to run in 2028.

As far as a choice for vice president, 30% percent of respondents picked Kari Lake at 24%, said Rep. Byron Donalds (R-FL). Surprisingly, 22% said Ramaswamy. Maybe it should be no surprise. After all, Vivek is a terrific on-point MAGA speaker who is unafraid to debate anyone. Ramaswamy would quickly make mincemeat out of Biden. While a Trump/Lake ticket could be a sound path to victory in 2024, we will have to wait and see who Trump chooses as his vice president.

In the meantime, the frog pond will be hopping till the GOP primary in 2024.

—GrrrTeam

How am I supposed to read this, is it 30% or 24%, and does anyone actually care?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I don't like them putting chemicals in the water, to change the frickin frogs' place!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Good news for fans of cartoons featuring Victorian state premier Dan Andrews as the big story is his surprise cancellation of the planned Victorian 2026 Commonwealth Games due to projected costs being perhaps triple what initially estimated.

Pope:

There is debate about whether this could mean the end of the Commonwealth Games entirely; a big reason why Victoria put their hand up was no-one else wanted to touch it.

Rowe:

Knight:

Golding:

Wilcox:

Oh yeah the Voice to Australia released their official referendum pamphlet where both sides make their case and will be mailed to every Australian. This probably would have been most cartoons if Dan Andrews didn't make his press conference.

Downes:

All other states were quick to refuse picking up the tab on hosting.

Lethbridge:

A more favourable opinion about Dan Andrews when you're wanting to make the Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk look bad (Brisbane Olympics in 2032).

Spooner:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

How am I supposed to read this, is it 30% or 24%, and does anyone actually care?

I think it’s an astounding typo and 24% is the percent of the vote for the rep. from Florida.

It amuses to me that the apparently did ranked choice voting so they could say something more than Trump #1!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Guavanaut posted:

Kellies Nomination: Best Edit/Parody

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
If Trump goes to jail, there will still be Mallard Fillmore and Prickly City comics as usual for 2 weeks, until they start to lament that Trumpy Skunk got unfairly locked up for having a "difference of political opinion"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I can't be the only one nerdy enough to find out about a political figure called Vivek and start thinking about Morrowind.
I refuse to learn anything about the real person as I'm sure he sucks.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Pretty sure he'd assassinate the Neravarine if given the opportunity.

Clay Bennett

Not gonna lie: I enjoy this one.

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

But enough about Fox News...

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

...but a two-tier justice system is already a bad thing! Why are you making a pun cartoon where you try to make it into a bad thing? Your cartoon is bad and you should feel bad!

Randall Enos

Bill Bramhall

Adam Zyglis

David Horsey

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kellies nomination: most easily reinterpreted

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

...but a two-tier justice system is already a bad thing! Why are you making a pun cartoon where you try to make it into a bad thing? Your cartoon is bad and you should feel bad!

Kellies nomination: worst label

idonotlikepeas posted:

Clay Bennett

Not gonna lie: I enjoy this one.

The lifts are a great touch.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

Is he suggesting that lying on concrete in the sun is a way to keep cool when it's hot out? I don't see another way to read this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Telegnostic posted:

Is he suggesting that lying on concrete in the sun is a way to keep cool when it's hot out? I don't see another way to read this.

Or why there's a squirrel.