Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never heard the phrase "quick turn reel unit" I think that's from them googling something, or maybe a IMAX corpoword. A better term is Platter. But otherwise I understood the rest :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

ArmZ posted:

webos ftw

FTFY

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Knight posted:

Growing food and keeping livestock - the surefire way to never work again

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

TECH
Microsoft stock pops after it announces $30 per month A.I. subscription for Microsoft 365

no bubble, only invest

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I’m gunna be so rich investing in ai shovels that I can retire early :twisted:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Willa Rogers posted:

found the story:

This seems like a move to force retirees back into the depleted workforce

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Animal-Mother posted:

Thread title?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

I had a real brain twitch this morning when I heard an NPR report that SAG and WGA were striking "because of AI." No mention of residuals in the streaming era. I know it was just a quick newscast hit but... gently caress, NPR reporters are repped by SAG!

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

NPR reporters are repped by Capital One(tm) and the Koch Foundation

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I tried to find the story but bounced off after three Walmart (not even Walton Family Foundation!) underwriting hits.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Chad Sexington posted:

I had a real brain twitch this morning when I heard an NPR report that SAG and WGA were striking "because of AI." No mention of residuals in the streaming era. I know it was just a quick newscast hit but... gently caress, NPR reporters are repped by SAG!

They're throwing their clogs into the looms!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I trained an ai to plow my fields. i'll never have to work again

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Knight posted:

Growing food and keeping livestock - the surefire way to never work again

At least they won't be alienated from their labor... until one of them breaks out as the landlord of the rest of the them.

Xaris posted:

TECH
Microsoft stock pops after it announces $30 per month A.I. subscription for Microsoft 365

no bubble, only invest

Made more than an entire paycheck just from them saying AI, it owns.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
npr is legit horrible and a naked capital pawn. corpos figured out the easiest way to reach the middle-upper (D) vote blue rubes, eg all of D&D, is through NPR et al

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Xaris posted:

npr is legit horrible and a naked capital pawn. corpos figured out the easiest way to reach the middle-upper (D) vote blue rubes, eg all of D&D, is through NPR et al

counterpoint: they had GWAR do a tiny desk concert the other day

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Chad Sexington posted:

AI is getting so much free publicity from the press it's so fuckin dumb, just the sloppiest bj's every day from every news org

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Xaris posted:

Sadly it's still the most objective reporting available. Says a lot...

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

found the story:

enjoy it while it lasts

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

anonumos posted:

you're thinking of Reuters and the AP actually

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Been baking all my own bread for the last 2 years. Stay winning.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Oglethorpe posted:

I should've bought that loving KitchenAid when it went on prime day sale

There was a Zojirushi I was eyeing but alas

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

anonumos posted:

it's a tired lefty trope now yes but it's true............. FT is best

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

silicone thrills posted:

Is there data on the price of flour and butter? I'm gonna have to break the bread machine back out and get some new yeast.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

silicone thrills posted:

Saw a 5 pound bag of King Arthur (organic red wheat or something) was :10bux: a couple weeks ago. There were no bread flour bags save for a 10 pound gold standard bag that was 7.50.

:allears: Gonna be awesome to hear about how inflation is down when actual bread prices are going through the roof.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

webcams for christ posted:

you're thinking of Reuters and the AP actually

enquirerer had def gone more right since that was made the Pecker who owns it is good friends with trump

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Circus prices are way down though. So it balances out

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

AvesPKS posted:

There was a Zojirushi I was eyeing but alas

My 30 year old Zojirushi breadmaker keeps on trucking and stays winning

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

CNN's spot also needs to be updated. Hell I would bet most of that chart now skews to the right.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Xaris posted:

Yeah, pretty much, but I still like The Moth and Whose Line is it Anyway

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

skooma512 posted:

Saw a 5 pound bag of King Arthur (organic red wheat or something) was :10bux: a couple weeks ago. There were no bread flour bags save for a 10 pound gold standard bag that was 7.50.

:allears: Gonna be awesome to hear about how inflation is down when actual bread prices are going through the roof.

I buy 20lbs of flour from costco from central milling brand for (currently) 17.49 at a time. The same flour was 15.99 on nov 2022 though from my price tracking sheet. I started tracking for inflation in mid 2021

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Xaris posted:

A reporter this morning said that "both sides" of the Israeli-Palestine apartheid sitch need to help find a way forward lol

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Schmoe Cwead posted:

counterpoint: they had GWAR do a tiny desk concert the other day

counterpoint: It's not GWAR without Dave Brockie :colbert:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I was gonna make banana bread but my apartment was already hot and I'd been running aircon for an hour and had to choose. Sorry bananas :(

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Nothus posted:

My 30 year old Zojirushi breadmaker keeps on trucking and stays winning

My dutch oven doesn't even require electricity and stays winninger

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Chad Sexington posted:

it's amazing how bad the news media is at covering labor actions today. the lack of interest in getting things right is palpable

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Chad Sexington posted:

My dutch oven doesn't even require electricity and stays winninger

So what does it use, natural gas?

dis foo lmao

My electricity also comes from natural gas lol lmao

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

it's amazing how bad the news media is at covering labor actions today.
Bad for who though

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

There were just weeks of leftists talking about how ineffective boycotts were so why bother when the Harry Potter game stuff was happening, and then immediately after the right completely crumples Target and Budweiser. I've always felt like the weaponization of social media that has been used pretty successfully by progressives in the last decade was going to come back and blow up in everyone's faces eventually, because the hardcore conservatives are more crazy, more convicted, have people entrenched in power positions, and there are actually way more of them.

the difference is it feels good to be right wing and it feels bad to be liberal or leftist. so you get a rush when you don't buy a beer but liberals get no rush not eating a chicken sandwich

the right also involves an 'investment' like trump or even nerds with elon where you hitch your cart to them via buying stock or owning a product or joining a church or taking a side in some percieved media war

the left has no answer to this, no foundation of loyalty and collective behavior except if you are in a union or political org I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

Bad for who though

you know who

it's also just a genuinely lovely resource for readers though